Kieran Trippier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Still don't understand the clamour to sell Davies.

He was deemed an acceptable #2 but now with question marks hanging over Rose's fitness and recovery time, Ben's not good enough for this club, period? If popular opinion is that Rose is the better LB, fine. but why is Davies no longer good enough to deputise?

Besides, we aren't getting slaughtered down the left like we have been down the right for much of the season; so is there an issue at LB at all? ...One demanding enough to command our attention over the next 12 months? I don't see it...

I think Ben could be a good CB given time and the right coaching as his attitude is spot on

I think Ben could be a good CB given time and the right coaching as his attitude is spot on

I think he's a pretty damn good at his day-job.... Substantial counter-arguments still lacking on that front too.

Feel free to try and explain the absurd phenomena highlighted in my prev. post.

"Sell all the FBs" = Hysterical (in the non comedic sense).

Last edited:
Only sell them if you’ve got adequate replacements

Imv both Tripps and Ben have a default setting when they receive the ball in our opponents half
Turn round and play the ball back
Sometimes you have to do that but they don’t take on the opposition like Danny does

Someone called him turgid earlier
????

Hang on the same poster said that about Sissoko so I suppose that narrows it down a bit

:pocheyes:

Imv both Tripps and Ben have a default setting when they receive the ball in our opponents half
Sometimes you have to do that but they don’t take on the opposition like Danny does

With regular game-time under his belt (and the confidence that brings) the Davies I rate highly is/was not shy of attacking (see Rose's full year out) and maintained hi energy levels even though we had no rotation.

Again, though it's this notion that Davies is not good enough to even be #2 anymore which I find thoroughly absurd. Roses (arguable) decline miraculously makes BOTH lesser players? ...It's ludicrous!

With regular game-time under his belt (and the confidence that brings) the Davies I rate highly is/was not shy of attacking (see Rose's full year out) and maintained hi energy levels even though we had no rotation.

Again, though it's this notion that Davies is not good enough to even be #2 anymore which I find thoroughly absurd. Roses (arguable) decline miraculously makes BOTH lesser players? ...It's ludicrous!

Sorry mate but I just can’t recall Davies’s attacking forays down the wing

Sorry mate but I just can’t recall Davies’s attacking forays down the wing

Without looking, I bet Davies has more assists and goals per game than Danny.

[Insert Brucey giff again.]

...My later point remains.

Last edited:

Someone called him turgid earlier
????

Hang on the same poster said that about Sissoko so I suppose that narrows it down a bit

:pocheyes:

I guess if you value athleticism and head down momentum it's easy to think Rose and Sissoko are wonderful. Personally I quite like the football thing, so I'm less impressed by either player.

I just wish we had a RB who, occasionally (just for a bit of bloody variety and to keep defenders guessing), looked to take on his man, drop a shoulder, go down the byline. Even if unsuccessful, I'd just like to see it now and again. Just frustrates me so much when Trips/Aurier stop, play it inside, or smash the ball straight into the guy in front of them without even attempting to beat them.

I guess if you value athleticism and head down momentum it's easy to think Rose and Sissoko are wonderful. Personally I quite like the football thing, so I'm less impressed by either player.

Neither are turgid imv and yes I like players who get forward and take the opposition on

I guess you like players who’s first option is to pass backwards

I just wish we had a RB who, occasionally (just for a bit of bloody variety and to keep defenders guessing), looked to take on his man, drop a shoulder, go down the byline. Even if unsuccessful, I'd just like to see it now and again. Just frustrates me so much when Trips/Aurier stop, play it inside, or smash the ball straight into the guy in front of them without even attempting to beat them.

Exactly and Davies is in the same mold

Neither are turgid imv and yes I like players who get forward and take the opposition on

I guess you like players who’s first option is to pass backwards

I just prefer good footballers to bad ones.

Amazing that Trippier had managed to create/produce much more than Sissoko and Rose over the last theee years with all his back passing and whatnot eh?

Which I think says as much about Sissoko and Rose as it does about Trippier.

Footballer>athlete

I just prefer good footballers to bad ones.

Amazing that Trippier had managed to create/produce much more than Sissoko and Rose over the last theee years with all his back passing and whatnot eh?

Which I think says as much about Sissoko and Rose as it does about Trippier.

Footballer>athlete

Wow

And I bet you’ve got the statistics to prove it too

Yeh Sissoko has the same role as Trippier ffs so easily comparable

This from the guy who doesn’t understand the offside rule
lol

Still we’re all eagerly anticipating your match report on Sunday

Wow

And I bet you’ve got the statistics to prove it too

Yeh Sissoko has the same role as Trippier ffs so easily comparable

This from the guy who doesn’t understand the offside rule
lol

Still we’re all eagerly anticipating your match report on Sunday
Trippier has put in 166 crosses in the PL , 2 of which have turned into goals. He has a 3rd PL assist which came through taking a corner.

Sissoko also has 2 assists from open play to his name. Didnt have to lump the ball into the box retardedly over and over again to get those. Our other deeper playing CMs Dier and Winks have zero.

Trippier has put in 166 crosses in the PL , 2 of which have turned into goals. He has a 3rd PL assist which came through taking a corner.

Sissoko also has 2 assists from open play to his name. Didnt have to lump the ball into the box retardedly over and over again to get those. Our other deeper playing CMs Dier and Winks have zero.

So that’s 166 times at least that Trippier didn’t “just pass back” then Bazali Bazali ?

And one if those two assists (of his 5 in 3 years - in the same time Trippier has 13) was a pass to Son while Son was in his own half and still had to run 50 fucking yards to score.

So that’s 166 times at least that Trippier didn’t “just pass back” then Bazali Bazali ?

And one if those two assists (of his 5 in 3 years - in the same time Trippier has 13) was a pass to Son while Son was in his own half and still had to run 50 fucking yards to score.
To be fair, it would probably be better if Trippier passed backwards instead of lumping the ball blindly into the box 166 times and get 2 assists.

Davies is a useful player to have as back-up as he can cover CB as well. Trippier on the other hand is a calamity more often than not

2 goals from 166 crosses

Stunning

who gives a fuck about crosses when our biggest problem is shipping really shit goals through defensive calamity. I could care less if tripps doesn't get another assist for the rest of his fucking career if he cut out the positional fuckwittery and brain farts he's had this season.

Back
Top Bottom