Kieran Trippier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So that’s 166 times at least that Trippier didn’t “just pass back” then Bazali Bazali ?

And one if those two assists (of his 5 in 3 years - in the same time Trippier has 13) was a pass to Son while Son was in his own half and still had to run 50 fucking yards to score.
That is one of the easiest chances Son can get.Sissoko's pass gave Son a headstart on defenders. He was basically 1 on 1 with the goalkeeper. I'd say thats a goal most of the time, regardless of how much he had to run in a straight line.

That is one of the easiest chances Son can get.Sissoko's pass gave Son a headstart on defenders. He was basically 1 on 1 with the goalkeeper. I'd say thats a goal most of the time, regardless of how much he had to run in a straight line.

Fuck me

No reply from the Forum pundit!

Thought Trips was brilliant tonight. More aggressive and assertive defensively than I can ever remember him being, and you could see City didn't have that on the scouting report, they thought they could keep him backpedaling and got caught out on several occasions.

We desperately need him revived down the stretch, so that was encouraging.

Was the player from last season....hope he can push on from this, massive game...

And all the people dreading him against Sterling. He completely nullified him and then Sane.

Was Walker even on the pitch tonight?

He was really good. Not so much in attack, but he covered Sterling well. Sterling went in the middle couple of times, but that's not on Trippier anymore.

More of this Trippier, please!

Knew he would perform tonight.
Still not his biggest fan to be honest, but he’s a true pro, was absolutely due a top performance and absolutely wanted to stick it to the team that let him go as a yoof.

I’ve slated him all season and still think we could definitely upgrade on him. But he really pulled it out the bag tonight. I would still like us to buy a quality right back but fair play to him.

Fantastic performance - had Sterling in his back pocket all night.

Probably his best match of the season, a throw back to the end of last season when he was immense.

Was unspectacular. Kept it simple.

Other than a couple of hairy moments was mostly unruffled.

Would still like to see more of his primary qualities brought back to the fore.

But not a headline maker for anything negative and that's a positive.

Back
Top Bottom