Kieran Trippier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Actually had a good game for once.

Wouldn't risk him again in the second leg though.
Oh fuck off

Ive spent the last year telling some of you the player he can be.....posting videos of his even better game against Real Madrid etc but you want to pretend last night was a one off or a risk...

Trippier will come back to form, and you can all go and pick on someone else, because it seems like having a scapegoat is important

Last edited:
He had a bad start to the game (roughly the first 10 minutes or so) but he found himself and had a real solid performance after that.

Fair fucks to the boy.

Didn't think Tripps was that spectacular last night and I don't think he's anywhere near as bad as he's made out to be on here in general , he was solid last night but Sane against Trippier for the return legs scares me.

It's beyond obvious that he is top of the list of several players we need to get rid of in the summer. A huge rebuilding job is in order, regardless of what else happens between now and the end of the season. As it's been said to death, centre mid and fullback are huge problem areas for us. We need to really get this right, we cannot allow these defficiencies to go on any longer. It's absolutely miraculous that we are achieving so much with this squad but it would be negligent to the extreme if don't do some serious business in this transfer window.

Last edited:
The opening goal was pretty shocking defending. It's just basic defending to try and force your opponent on to their weaker foot but he did the opposite and left it wide open for Stealing to shoot with his right with predictable results. Third goal pretty poor as well. Oblivious to Sterling behind him, got to track that ball and knock it out for a corner. We really do need Aurier back for the semis, he just understand's a full back's job better than Trippier.

Absolutely fucking awful last night.

BUT

He assisted the goal that got us through to the semi finals of the Champions fucking League and then put his finger up to the fucking City fans.

I’ve hated on trippier most of the year, but in the first leg he was very good defensively by his standards. Last night was weaker... the first goal was poor but hard to blame him on the 3rd... brilliant ball from KDB and Lloris had a better chance of intercepting it than trippier.

He also had the game winning assist last night.

I can’t think of a RB on the planet who could have handled Sterling last night. Anyone quick enough to keep up....typically is also a winger.

KT’s a good lad, and he has some brilliance in him, held back by being a bit slow (relatively) and this year developing a bad habit of switching off. He’s pretty good, but not against the best in the world.

I like the guy. He’s up for it and he puts a shift in. Would also like to see Wan-Bissaka, but would much rather see Dembele 2.0 if we’ve only got one card to play

I thought he was clearly our poorest player last night although he was up against Sterling

But for example the first goal he was ball watching and left Sterling unmarked but he compounded the error by allowing Sterling to cut in on his right and shoot instead of making him go to his left

Very poor

I thought he was clearly our poorest player last night although he was up against Sterling

But for example the first goal he was ball watching and left Sterling unmarked but he compounded the error by allowing Sterling to cut in on his right and shoot instead of making him go to his left

Very poor
True.

Also true that De Bruyne and Sterling last night would have banged in goals past a back four of Lahm, Maldini, Moore and Carlos Alberto. They were that good. We (Toby and Jan in particular) were that good to contain them as they did

Back
Top Bottom