Kieran Trippier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Well let's have some context with more stats from the same source.

Danny Rose - Crossing 25% | Tackling 61%
Ben Davies - Crossing 19% | Tackling 71%
Serge Aurier - Crossing 14% | Tackling 58%

And minutes played...

1918 Trippier
1365 Davies
1356 Rose
564 Aurier

(Edit for PL only)
Nowhere in my comment did I ever state that I thought Davies or Aurier where good enough to be starting wingbacks rather I drew attention to Trippiers statistics.

You can point out comparisons between players as much as you like but it's pointless when all the statistics look poor across the board.

That should be a wake up call for some serious investment in that area of the squad.

Trippier having a fucking 1 percent better crossing average than Aurier (who has only played 8 games) is NOT an excuse to keep sticking up for the Burnley boy.

Nowhere in my comment did I ever state that I thought Davies or Aurier where good enough to be starting wingbacks rather I drew attention to Trippiers statistics.

You can point out comparisons between players as much as you like but it's pointless when all the statistics look poor across the board.

That should be a wake up call for some serious investment in that area of the squad.

Trippier having a fucking 1 percent better crossing average than Aurier (who has only played 8 games) is NOT an excuse to keep sticking up for the Burnley boy.

The same source has the much lauded Wan Bissaka as having crossing accuracy of 21% and a tackle success rate of 67% (and he doesn't cross much at all).

So what exactly is your point? Just looks like trying to use isolated stats in the shittiest way possible against a player.

Also, you're misreading the numbers, it's a 1% worse tackle success (in more games) and 16% higher crossing accuracy than Aurier.

You're the one who wheeled the stats out btw.

The same source has the much lauded Wan Bissaka as having crossing accuracy of 21% and a tackle success rate of 67% (and he doesn't cross much at all).

So what exactly is your point? Just looks like trying to use isolated stats in the shittiest way possible against a player.
My point is as mentioned previously we are seriously lacking in the left/right back positions.
Trippier has been at spurs for over 4 years now and he still ain't good enough for this team.

Not sure why your bringing up Wan Bissaka as I never mentioned him?

Phone browser keeps fucking opening the stats page for all seasons on the PL site for some reason. Had Aurier's wrong. (62% Tackling 29% Crosses).

(Much prefer Whoscored and Squawka for stats. Far clearer/detailed)

Still though, the point stands about isolating statistics.

Aurier is utter toilet btw.

Stats as usual do not tell the story especially with fb's and defensive midfield/playmakers. You can show me stats about Trips crossing and great right foot all fucking day long and I still know hes an average player at best and a terrible defender at worst.
He has no pace, never takes a man on, doesn't move us up the pitch whatsoever, has calamitous errors leading to goals or near misses consistently in big games especially, and is nearing 30. If he was going to develop into a brilliant player miraculously he would have done it in the four years hes been with us and hes actually regressed.
Either get rid now or get rid of Aurier and bench him-simple as.
As for KWP I really don't know what they should do about him.

Can’t wait for Wan Bissaka to come in for 30M and not cross the ball, and be no better than Trippier or Aurier.

But at least he’s new and right now doesn’t play for us, so we can all have a wank.

A good season for Everton, then Utd come in for Tripper, and everyone starts pretending he suddenly got better, rather than admit they all acted like cunts towards the guy

Stats as usual do not tell the story especially with fb's and defensive midfield/playmakers. You can show me stats about Trips crossing and great right foot all fucking day long and I still know hes an average player at best and a terrible defender at worst.
He has no pace, never takes a man on, doesn't move us up the pitch whatsoever, has calamitous errors leading to goals or near misses consistently in big games especially, and is nearing 30. If he was going to develop into a brilliant player miraculously he would have done it in the four years hes been with us and hes actually regressed.
Either get rid now or get rid of Aurier and bench him-simple as.
As for KWP I really don't know what they should do about him.
Stats never tell the whole story unless there are better stats out there. For example, for a defender I'd like to see stats of how often Trippier fucks up that leads to a chance for the other team (and many times goals and dropping of points because of Trippier).This happens far too often for him too.

Can’t wait for Wan Bissaka to come in for 30M and not cross the ball, and be no better than Trippier or Aurier.

But at least he’s new and right now doesn’t play for us, so we can all have a wank.

A good season for Everton, then Utd come in for Tripper, and everyone starts pretending he suddenly got better, rather than admit they all acted like cunts towards the guy
Wan Bissaka is 21 year old, I know he would make mistakes, but he's already better than Trippier.

Best off just watching football with your eyes guys.

Stats tell you the best team in the Premier League this season is:

Fabianski
Pereira - van Dijk - Schar - Digne
Pogba - Fernandinho
Salah - Hazard - Sterling
Aguero

Different teams play different styles, some teams will have to defend more than others meaning some defenders will have higher tackle or interceptions stats. Some full backs are used to defend, some others are used as wingers to attack the box.

No defender has made more tackles in the league per game than Wan-Bissaka this season for example (4 tackles per game). Closest defender on the list playing in a top 6 team? Azpilicueta with 2.7.

Sol Bamba at Cardiff and Zanka at Huddersfield both have made the most interceptions this season.... probably because they play for teams who defend for their lives at the bottom of the table. Both with 2.9 interceptions per game. Closest defend playing for a top 6 team? Ashley Young with 2.. Wan-Bissaka makes 2.2 interceptions per game, which again is pretty impressive.

Some like their defenders who can dribble with the ball. Well, no defender has completed more dribbles than Wan-Bissaka this season with 1.7 dribbles completed per game.

Why does Wan-Bissaka not cross the ball as often? and why doesn't he get more assists? Who knows? Could be because he plays for Palace and he prefers to defend or prefers passing it to Townsend who then cuts in and shoots or crosses? Without watching Palace every single week, I wouldn't be able to say the reason. Would his game chance at Spurs? More than likely.

Last edited:

you talk some shite

There are those that have called him crap (ME) since the day he rocked up. NOTHING and I mean NOTHING I've seen has convinced me that he's anything different to that player. (This includes him being arguably Englands best player at the World Cup, although I'd still have Sterling and Kane ahead of him because of their technical ability was far better during the tournament).

You can't have watched Wan Bissaka at all this season to have made that judgement. This could well be his season, a one-off freak of a season, never to be repeated but he's been one of the best (in the top 3) PL right-backs this season.

Tripps isn't and has never been very good.

If I'm wrong call me a cunt I've no issue but I'm not sure what you're defending

He costs us so many goals and unlike walker he hasn't got the atletisism to make up for his mistakes or cover for others.

He gets caught out time and time again and his attacking play is inconsistent at best.

For me both full back positions are weakness'.

Ahahha dear god.
He would not be even close of joining man united. dalot is 20 and already better than him

Why does Wan-Bissaka not cross the ball as often? and why doesn't he get more assists? Who knows? Could be because he plays for Palace and he prefers to defend or prefers passing it to Townsend who then cuts in and shoots or crosses? Without watching Palace every single week, I wouldn't be able to say the reason. Would his game chance at Spurs? More than likely.
Yet without watching Palace every week, we can still say he’s better than Trippier?
Maybe he’s just not very good, but people just want a RB and have latched onto a new hype.

Personally, I think people are kidding themselves if the think the likes of Wan Bissaka and Sessengon will make us champions.....because isn’t that what the next stage should be for the 3rd place team in the PL?

Seems like a lot of people who demanded heavy investment are now happy to continue the policy of buying unproven players who haven’t shown they are any better than what we have, and may need two or three years to show anything.

I thought we were all done with that?
I thought we wanted proven improvement who will immediately make the first team better. If nobody can say Wan Bissaka will do that, I’m not sure why there’s such a hard on for him.
Palace are shite

Ahahha dear god.
He would not be even close of joining man united. dalot is 20 and already better than him

You’re naive, and you’re all thinking there is some mega standard of RBs out there that Trippier is failing against.

Walker, Azpilucueta, Dalot, Lichsteiner, Arnold.

That’s the top 6 rivals RBs. Dalots played 11 games, so of course you’ve gone into wank overdrive because of magic Ole and his magic wand.

There is not a great deal of high quality there and not one them would get a gig at any of the top clubs on the continent.
Walker won’t be first choice next season, because unlike some doey eyed Spurs fans, Pep knows he’s not a very good footballer.

You’re naive, and you’re all thinking there is some mega standard of RBs out there that Trippier is failing against.

Walker, Azpilucueta, Dalot, Lichsteiner, Arnold.

That’s the top 6 rivals RBs. Dalots played 11 games, so of course you’ve gone into wank overdrive because of magic Ole and his magic wand.

There is not a great deal of high quality there and not one them would get a gig at any of the top clubs on the continent.
Walker won’t be first choice next season, because unlike some doey eyed Spurs fans, Pep knows he’s not a very good footballer.
Maybe I know how good Dalot is because he’s Portuguese and I watched him grow in Porto B team and then in Porto and united. Maybe that’s it

Move to Everton > GOAT season > joins Utd > wins treble > becomes best RB in the world > TFC meltdown > sammyspurs sammyspurs wins

16872425.jpg

How hasn't anyone thought of this?? Only the legendary sammyspurs sammyspurs could.

Man is always ahead of his time.

Back
Top Bottom