Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Probably easier to scribe them again:
Guardiola
Klopp
Pochettinho

Drop a level
Nagelsmann
Bielsa (with caveats)
Tuchel
Nuno

Then the next level down:
Ten Hag
Leko
Calleja
Kohfeldt
Machin (wouldn't surprise me if City take him after Pep)

Keep an eye out for:
Lampard
Arteta
Howe
Gallardo (probably could go up a peg but need to see him in Europe to make comparisons)
Van Bronckhorst
Wicky

I think I'm missing something with Biesla. I get that he has a great understanding of the game and he's come up with some cutting edge tactics, but he's been a manager for 30 years and he's only won 3 Argentinian titles and an Olympic gold medal. And despite all the love he gets from Pep, Poch etc. It's not like Europe's top clubs are falling over themselves to get him in. Genuine question, would you really want him as Spurs' next manager, and what would be the caveats you mentioned?

I think I'm missing something with Biesla. I get that he has a great understanding of the game and he's come up with some cutting edge tactics, but he's been a manager for 30 years and he's only won 3 Argentinian titles and an Olympic gold medal. And despite all the love he gets from Pep, Poch etc. It's not like Europe's top clubs are falling over themselves to get him in. Genuine question, would you really want him as Spurs' next manager, and what would be the caveats you mentioned?

He’s won a lot more than Poch then but nowhere near as much as José

Interesting

:kanehand:

Look who's trying to win the internet with shoutiness and swearing and angry bold type. You clearly are unable to engage in a sensible manner without resorting to these methods. Get a grip and take some criticism as it's intended. I didn't swear or shout at you and yet that's your default position. Seriously, lighten up.
Am I the only one whose had my arse with Jose already? I'm already sick of his fucking antics on the sidelines and his digging players out in pressers etc. He is already acting like he's in his 3rd year and wants a payoff. Totally fucking sick of him already...let's not even mention the way he has made changes to personnel and tactics like its going out of fashion...(I know some were forced)... feels like a manger in his last 3 month's not the first few weeks. Genuinely fucking sick of his mardy face and mardy comments. He's being a nob.

No, you did not swear nor shout.
You had very argumented and intelligent post... based on which you were expecting some kind of discussion.
If you lack any kind of self critique, let's revisit the original post. This polite, substantial and intelligent.

Am I the only one whose had my arse with Jose already?
I'm already sick of his fucking antics on the sidelines and his digging players out in pressers etc.
Totally fucking sick of him already...
Genuinely fucking sick of his mardy face and mardy comments.
He's being a nob

Such a classy guy. Such an intelligent post. So sensible manner you wrote all this.
You said so much and gave so much to comment.

Guess what? This was super emotional jabbering without any content substance or meaning. Just repeating of "being fucking sick" of the new manager of the club I love. I expected that one would understand how blatantly empty ones post was, but as a surprise to me, you came out and talked about some "sensible manner" stuff... what an irony. Then calling to "lighten up"... after posting such a rant. Another prime example of irony.

P.S Yes, English is my 2nd language. How many languages do you speak or have better grammar in, then I have in English :) ?

Not going to happen mate, people said that when we qualify for the champions league regularly, we can afford to bring in top quality players that can win us things. We got to the final the only thing better than that is winning it, yet despite this we haven't gone out of our way to build on what we did. Poch saw all these problems coming but nothing happened.

We got to the CL final and then went out and got 3 players that Poch wanted (+ a punt & loan job for the future i.e. Clarke); 2 of which had most of the forum joy-wanking.... Was it enough? Perhaps not, but in doing so we made a commitment to spending £140m... That's not doing "nothing".

Levy won't think that because of last season. His thoughts will be that we have almost the same players as last season and strengthened it.

So did we do "nothing" or didn't we"?????? :roll

If he gets to bring in his 1st choice targets Over the next couple of Windows I think we will end up winning a lot of trophies , if he ends up having to make do with last minute panic buys from Levy it will all end in tears!

Thing is we have to be realistic; Trophies may come IF JM can amount to more than our net spend... Even if we back our manager to the tune of whatever the club can genuinely afford, we aren't going to win a battle of the cheque-books.

Our new stadium was about closing the gap; it won't make us richer than City, Utd, Chavs, Liverpool.

Thing is we have to be realistic; Trophies may come IF JM can amount to more than our net spend... Even if we back our manager to the tune of whatever the club can genuinely afford, we aren't going to win a battle of the cheque-books.

Our new stadium was about closing the gap; it won't make us richer than City, Utd, Chavs, Liverpool.

I think the stadium has pulled us away from the majority of domestic clubs, and it will bring in a huge amount of revenue as long as the fans have an incentive to turn up. However, as you say it doesn’t make us richer. The hope is that it narrows the increase that the richer clubs can reasonably spend on wages and transfers. Even City can’t get away with paying £500k per month to every player.

FFP does seem to be making a little bit of difference. I don’t think clubs like City can spend whatever they want anymore. They’ll still massively outspend us. We can probably just about compete with the Gooners and Liverpool on wages, which is as much as we could hope for under ENIC.

ou can not compare the two as Woolwich are not a bad team perse, they need a defender or two, in midfield where Emery messed up was having Torreira playing so far ahead, Arteta played 4231 with two holding players, thus giving the defence a shield, and both Granit and Torriera are capable of passing to their team mates and are better at decision making than anything we have at the moment.

What you should be concerned about is how these players of ours have played together for a good 4 years and don't know each others game inside out, constantly struggle to make passes to their own team mates, considering at all levels of football, theres an activity in which all coaches employ, as illustrated in the early training ground video, where the players are confined to a small space in a circle and the idea is two or three players try to win the ball, whilst the others pass between themselves.

The idea behind the excercise , is it builds concerntration and decision making skills.

Also Arteta has had no other competiton fixtures to contest with, whio can mourinho play in a two?

Ndombele is lets say our xhaka and we do not have a torreira type of player, some may say skipp, but the right call by Jose is to try winks,sissoko,dier and ndombele first, thus giving him a head start for the rest of the season and next season.

ndombele since the 23rd of Nov

23rd nov west ham did not feature
26th nov olympiakoas 7 min
30th bournemouth 74 min
4th dec man u 20 min
7th dec burnley did not feature
11th dec bayern did not feature
15th dec wolves did not feature
22nd dec chelsea came on for last 16 min
26th dec brighton did not feature
28th dec norwich whole game

I'm trying hard to try to understand what you are writing. But I don't.

Are you saying that I can't compare Spurs and Mourinho with Woolwich and Arteta because they have much better players than us? Than I don't agree.

I can se Artetas vision after 3 games, I cannot see Mourinhos vision after 6 weeks. That's all I'm saying. And that worries me.

No, you did not swear nor shout.
You had very argumented and intelligent post... based on which you were expecting some kind of discussion.
If you lack any kind of self critique, let's revisit the original post. This polite, substantial and intelligent.

Am I the only one whose had my arse with Jose already?
I'm already sick of his fucking antics on the sidelines and his digging players out in pressers etc.
Totally fucking sick of him already...
Genuinely fucking sick of his mardy face and mardy comments.
He's being a nob

Such a classy guy. Such an intelligent post. So sensible manner you wrote all this.
You said so much and gave so much to comment.

Guess what? This was super emotional jabbering without any content substance or meaning. Just repeating of "being fucking sick" of the new manager of the club I love. I expected that one would understand how blatantly empty ones post was, but as a surprise to me, you came out and talked about some "sensible manner" stuff... what an irony. Then calling to "lighten up"... after posting such a rant. Another prime example of irony.

P.S Yes, English is my 2nd language. How many languages do you speak or have better grammar in, then I have in English :) ?

Super emotional? Sure. after a day of hearing how he has said this and said that . I don't find his antics professional for whatever reason.

I apologise unreservedly for mocking your language skills as I definitely couldn't post on a Spanish forum as eloquently as you do in English.

However, your post was very aggressive and shouty towards me (a fellow forum user). My rant was heat of the moment rant about Jose and his antics. Hardly a personal attack on a forum user which yours was.

Once again, apologies for mocking your language use...but once again, I don't appreciate your aggressive response to me asking for your opinion rather than just a disagree.

Back
Top Bottom