Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Why not? He took the job and said the players were good enough.

To be fair, so did Poch on numerous occasions, then went back to saying we need to rebuild. And the cycle kept repeating. I can see Mourinho doing the same thing if results don't improve.

Mourinho has a big ego, but I don't think he was happy with Aurier at RB and not having a proper DM. He said what he said in order to offer a sense of security. Poch said this for the same reason. Except he grew frustrated and there were times when he couldn't contain himself when talking to the press... Give Mourinho no transfers in January and we might see a different narrative from him.

To be fair, so did Poch on numerous occasions, then went back to saying we need to rebuild. And the cycle kept repeating. I can see Mourinho doing the same thing if results don't improve.

Mourinho has a big ego, but I don't think he was happy with Aurier at RB and not having a proper DM. He said what he said in order to offer a sense of security. Poch said this for the same reason. Except he grew frustrated and there were times when he couldn't contain himself when talking to the press... Give Mourinho no transfers in January and we might see a different narrative from him.
I'm 99% that he will, then it will be over for him, if Poch couldn't persuade Levy, he isn't going to.

I'm 99% that he will, then it will be over for him, if Poch couldn't persuade Levy, he isn't going to.

Maybe us not qualifying for the CL might persuade him

Europa next season in front of 30k anyone?

January is a crappy window though, I really think this season is a fucking write off. We'll see better in the summer how things will pan out. Hopefully a lot of the deadwood will be turfed out and Mourinho will get a full pre-season into the players...if things are still shit next season we can start to worry then...

January is a crappy window though, I really think this season is a fucking write off. We'll see better in the summer how things will pan out. Hopefully a lot of the deadwood will be turfed out and Mourinho will get a full pre-season into the players...if things are still shit next season we can start to worry then...

I think Mourinho has a realistic enough view on the January transfer window. But I do see him saying we need to strengthen in the summer. There will be no excuses for Levy not to back him then.

I think Mourinho has a realistic enough view on the January transfer window. But I do see him saying we need to strengthen in the summer. There will be no excuses for Levy not to back him then.
We should a lot of his type coming in, big fuck off CBs and DMs, FBs who can defend...all that shit...

Why not? He took the job and said the players were good enough.

Did you think he was going to say, I’m taking the job but this mob of players I’m most likely stuck with for the remaining six months of the season are shite and not up to it?

Did you think he was going to say, I’m taking the job but this mob of players I’m most likely stuck with for the remaining six months of the season are shite and not up to it?
I know it's the party line but he's expected to work with what he has. That's one of the reasons why Levy hired him.

I know it's the party line but he's expected to work with what he has. That's one of the reasons why Levy hired him.

Well yeah, he is working with what he has. A few weeks ago he was saying that he doesn’t see Sissoko as a CM or Sessegnon as a LB but due to injuries he’s having to play them there. Our squad is in a right mess at the moment due to injuries, contract dramas and overall ageing. There’s a limit to what we can get out of it and we are probably at that limit.

Well yeah, he is working with what he has. A few weeks ago he was saying that he doesn’t see Sissoko as a CM or Sessegnon as a LB but due to injuries he’s having to play them there. Our squad is in a right mess at the moment due to injuries, contract dramas and overall ageing. There’s a limit to what we can get out of it and we are probably at that limit.
Levy won't think that because of last season. His thoughts will be that we have almost the same players as last season and strengthened it.

Levy won't think that because of last season. His thoughts will be that we have almost the same players as last season and strengthened it.

That may well be true, if it is we are fucked.

A lot of people are complaining about this long ball style of play but that’s what the players resorted to last season when they came off the rails, by some miracle that hoofball got us to a CL final but our league form was shite and continues to be shite. The players we have can’t play quality football any more, not without help in key areas.

Levy must see this and he must also see that Chelsea, United and Woolwich will all be active in the market this January, we have to add a couple of players. The team needs help. We will lose more money by keeping our wallet closed and missing out on the CL than we would by spending a sensible amount and finishing 4th.

That may well be true, if it is we are fucked.

A lot of people are complaining about this long ball style of play but that’s what the players resorted to last season when they came off the rails, by some miracle that hoofball got us to a CL final but our league form was shite and continues to be shite. The players we have can’t play quality football any more, not without help in key areas.

Levy must see this and he must also see that Chelsea, United and Woolwich will all be active in the market this January, we have to add a couple of players. The team needs help. We will lose more money by keeping our wallet closed and missing out on the CL than we would by spending a sensible amount and finishing 4th.
Not going to happen mate, people said that when we qualify for the champions league regularly, we can afford to bring in top quality players that can win us things. We got to the final the only thing better than that is winning it, yet despite this we haven't gone out of our way to build on what we did. Poch saw all these problems coming but nothing happened.

I think anyone expecting us to buy 3 or 4 players in a Jan window will be very disappointed.

Below is our full list of Jan signings in the last decade.

Lucas Moura
Lewis Holtby
Steven Pienaar
Bongani Khumalo
Iago Falque

Of course the famous freebies - Nelson & Saha

You could add Dele, but he went straight back on loan.

I think anyone expecting us to buy 3 or 4 players in a Jan window will be very disappointed.

Lucas Moura
Lewis Holtby
Steven Pienaar
Bongani Khumalo
Iago Falque

NELSEN!!!!!

Lucas Moura
Lewis Holtby
Steven Pienaar
Bongani Khumalo
Iago Falque

Weren’t Defoe, Keane, and Palacios bought in January windows?

Back
Top Bottom