Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

sun.jpg

Jose Mourinho says he had no contact with Woolwich before Unai Emery sacking - Jose Mourinho says he had no contact with Woolwich before Unai Emery sacking
"I look forward to playing against Woolwich. I want to play against Woolwich. I know what it means for our fans," Mourinho said.

Beginning to like this guy more and more....

Ok But, number one, he's just telling the truth. I'm sure if Woolwich had contacted him first while Poch was still in a job he would have , no reason for him not to go. He's a true professional, two I'd expect any Spurs manager to make that statement regarding Woolwich, nothing to see there really.

Ok But, number one, he's just telling the truth. I'm sure if Woolwich had contacted him first while Poch was still in a job he would have , no reason for him not to go. He's a true professional, two I'd expect any Spurs manager to make that statement regarding Woolwich, nothing to see there really.
I don't think he’d have taken the job though, the club is too much of a mess and the squad too weak.

I don't think he’d have taken the job though, the club is too much of a mess and the squad too weak.
I think their board is pretty stable isn't it? And there would certainly be money to spend to improve the squad. Yeah fuck Woolwich but it is still one of the top choices for the top coaches. Rumour is they are interested in Alegri or Ancelotti.

I think their board is pretty stable isn't it? And there would certainly be money to spend to improve the squad. Yeah fuck Woolwich but it is still one of the top choices for the top coaches. Rumour is they are interested in Alegri or Ancelotti.
Stable yes, but not shown to be that competent yet. I’m sure Woolwich are interested in these managers, but I don't see Allegri going there, like with Mourinho the club is too inferior fir the very best coaches. Woolwich are still a big club but they are the 6th or 7th best in the league and its a top four world. They could climb under a good manager but if you’re Mourinho or Allegri why wouldn't you wait and go to a bigger club?

Ok But, number one, he's just telling the truth.
I'll settle for a manager who does that every time. All he had to say was that he hadn't been contacted but he added the bit about looking forward to playing them and knowing what the match meant for the Spurs fans....excellent PR job.

I'll settle for a manager who does that every time. All he had to say was that he hadn't been contacted but he added the bit about looking forward to playing them and knowing what the match meant for the Spurs fans....excellent PR job.
It's not rocket science though, anyone with some commonsense can just say the same thing to get over with the fans. Don't me get wrong I think he's 100% spurs but I don't think what he said was a big deal.

MVP MVP
Totally agree and it may well be hype but for now he's saying all the right things. Here's his press conference from yesterday if anyone missed it....

Constant referral to 'It's not about me'..... the humility is welcome but I'm yet to be totally convinced it's 100% genuine. Time will tell but so far so good.

I think their board is pretty stable isn't it?

What do you mean by "stable" exactly?

Universally hated by their fans and generally questionable to the rest of the football populous....

Yet you're extremely vocal against our board?

Something doesn't quite add up there.....

Those cunts, United, Ashley..... 3 good reasons why it baffles me as to why our lot get such shit thrown at them all the time.

Last edited:
What do you mean by "stable" exactly?

Universally hated by their fans and generally questionable to the rest of the football populous....

Yet you're extremely vocal against our board?

Something doesn't quite add up there.....

Those cunts, United, Ashley..... 3 reasons good reasons why it baffles me as to why our lot get such shit thrown at them all the time.
Not much upheaval.

Yep because I'm a spurs fan, I consider our board to be stable as well.

Back
Top Bottom