January Transfer Thread 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yep, definitely bored so much so he has to lie

I know my posts have wound you up and I'm actually fucking happy you're sitting there getting frustrated over the realisation that we won't act like chavs who've just won the lottery in the transfer market, good - learn some fekin patience and stop acting like a spoilt child.

You ought to get with the program mate, you need to understand what type of club you support and what type of owners we have and what type of era we're in, once you've done that it might make you feel better about what's happening at this club.

Or you can carry on smashing your keyboard, sup to you.
Goes on a multi paragraph expletive laiden rant in response to a 4 sentence reply I made and then he claims I’m the angry one and smashing my keyboard. :sonpoint:

You’re the gift that keeps on giving.

Last edited:
Many fans seem to forget that this season was meant to be a rebuilding season – which is going much better than expected.
Coming off a miserable last season many fans were expressing concerns about Spurs being involved in fighting relegation, or at best be a mid-table mediocrity. No-one even hinted that Spurs would be a title challenger when entering February; particularly when Spurs had yet to find a head-coach until June and was without a DoF.

Spurs have a new goalie who’s in his first EPL season;
in defense, Porro had half-a-season (as a WB) in the EPL, while van de Ven & Udogie have their first season in the EPL;
in MF, Bentancur was out that start of the season and’s just back after being out for 9 months; Bissouma & Sarr came off a season in which they were hardly played and seen as possible flops;
in attack, Spurs lost one of their best ever players and one of the world’s best CF, Harry Kane.
On top of that, Spurs lost Maddison, Perisic and Solomon to injuries.

Nobody I can see is forgetting that.

What has changed is the undeniable opportunity presented by Klopp leaving at the end of the season.

The question is, are we going to capitalise or not?

Goes on a multi paragraph rant in response to a 4 sentence reply I made and then he claims I’m the angry one and smashing my keyboard. :sonpoint:

You’re the gift that keeps on giving.

Yeah I think we're done here, have a good day Thomas :thumbup:

---

Any of you other chumps wanna have a pop at me whilst we're here 😆

But we overtook Chavski

City revenue is fake as well and that’s also in the works.

I’m just saying compete with the money clubs as we find ourselves on a level playing ground with them due to FFP
That's not going to be in this window though. The realisation that you can't just thumb your nose at P&S is only just setting in in England, whilst Europe still sees the PL as the horn of plenty for transfers.

I reckon it's only going to be late in the Summer window that the penny drops.

There are still some silly bastards out there willing to drop nearly €40M on an 18 year old prospect, but they're few and far between. There still seems to be this belief that £50M is the going price for even half a pedigree. This window should shake that belief, but it'll take half the Summer to break it. IMO anyway.

It's a great thing if those riches are utilised to build a trophy winning football team rather than to finance other off the field activities.
It's all about priorities. And this football club seems to have It's priorities arse about face.

Hence this

empty-rectangular-glass-display-cabinet-260nw-569169946.jpg

Coinciding with this

DFML24-Website-Graphics-v8-3.jpg

Once again:

Revenue isn't profit

No matter how many times you posting these things and spinning it into your own silly narrative, I'm gonna keep on exposing your dumb argument time and time again.

Learn to use context when you argue

Working Work Day GIF by Microsoft Cloud

What's the obsession with spending shed loads of cash? Surely the player is the most important, not how much you spend? Of which, there are numerous examples in the current squad

That's not going to be in this window though. The realisation that you can't just thumb your nose at P&S is only just setting in in England, whilst Europe still sees the PL as the horn of plenty for transfers.

I reckon it's only going to be late in the Summer window that the penny drops.

There are still some silly bastards out there willing to drop nearly €40M on an 18 year old prospect, but they're few and far between. There still seems to be this belief that £50M is the going price for even half a pedigree. This window should shake that belief, but it'll take half the Summer to break it. IMO anyway.

The market will always have premium players and let's face it, that is what this squad is missing now.

A premium attacking player to compete with Son, play with Son and eventually replace him.

The conversation was about our transfer policy - please take the trophy-obsession stuff to the ENIC thread where you are welcome to wallow in it as much as you want. The bit you've quoted from me above was simply a satiricial response to another poster's take on our recent transfer policy.
Nope. doesn't work that way.

If you are going to make statements about the Anti Levy protagonists as you described them don't be surprised when you get called on it.

Until I see some trophies this so called "major" change in our transfer policy is just more empty rhetoric.

It's damage control as yet another trophyless season ticks by.

What's the obsession with spending shed loads of cash? Surely the player is the most important, not how much you spend? Of which, there are numerous examples in the current squad

Makes insecure fans feel better about their club so they can get one up on rival fans for bantz points.

Devine is a tough one. He really needs to be playing week in, week out. Will he benefit from playing a bit part role next season?
If he's good enough he'll start. AP has always run a meritocracy at every club he's managed. He has form for sticking with players through rough patches, because he believes in them. You won't get Devine putting in a MOTM performance, then dropped the next game like KWP was by Poch. Quite the opposite. He holds faith with a player until that faith is repaid. That's why they'll run through walls for him.

If AP were to include Devine in the squad, it would be because he has faith in his ability, and mentality, to challenge for a starring role. Then it's up to Devine.

Essentially, I'd expect him to be saying to Devine "I've given you the opening mate, now show me you're worthy of it."

If he repays that, expect him to get plenty of minutes.

Back
Top Bottom