January Transfer Thread 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You are so right.

All those years we were watching Arse, Liverpool, United, Chelsea et al winning trophies doesn’t seem so depressing now because WE are now the FFP kings!!

Who’s laughing now, eh??

Jim Carrey Laugh GIF

Standard twisting comments nonsense from you as per.

Many fans seem to forget that this season was meant to be a rebuilding season – which is going much better than expected.
Coming off a miserable last season many fans were expressing concerns about Spurs being involved in fighting relegation, or at best be a mid-table mediocrity. No-one even hinted that Spurs would be a title challenger when entering February; particularly when Spurs had yet to find a head-coach until June and was without a DoF.

Spurs have a new goalie who’s in his first EPL season;
in defense, Porro had half-a-season (as a WB) in the EPL, while van de Ven & Udogie have their first season in the EPL;
in MF, Bentancur was out that start of the season and’s just back after being out for 9 months; Bissouma & Sarr came off a season in which they were hardly played and seen as possible flops;
in attack, Spurs lost one of their best ever players and one of the world’s best CF, Harry Kane.
On top of that, Spurs lost Maddison, Perisic and Solomon to injuries.

Standard twisting comments nonsense from you as per.
Knew you’d bite. :ange-lol:

It’s ironic you always speaking about twisting comments when your constant MO is to essentially ignore some parts of a post that you can’t argue with and then just scream “goal post moving” at any part that doesn’t fit your agenda.

Many fans seem to forget that this season was meant to be a rebuilding season – which is going much better than expected.
Coming off a miserable last season many fans were expressing concerns about Spurs being involved in fighting relegation, or at best be a mid-table mediocrity. No-one even hinted that Spurs would be a title challenger when entering February; particularly when Spurs had yet to find a head-coach until June and was without a DoF.

in defense, Porro had half-a-season (as a WB) in the EPL, while van de Ven & Udogie have their first season in the EPL;
in MF, Bentancur was out that start of the season and’s just back after being out for 9 months; Bissouma & Sarr came off a season in which they were hardly played and seen as possible flops;
in attack, Spurs lost one of their best ever players and one of the world’s best CF, Harry Kane.
Just fuck off with all that sense you are talking. You’ll find yourself out on your ear with that gibberish 🤣

is there any reason we can't compete financially with the other money teams?
Yep, Levynomics. That’s why he won’t substantiate his views here.

Lowest cost base (Wages/Turnover).

We should 100% be about to mix it with the old guard of “Big Boys” constantly (excluding City due to doping, Utd and Liverpool due to huge worldwide support and likely higher revenues year to year aligned to this, Utds FFP issue will get resolved summer no doubt due to the 25% injection and multiple huge earners going).

Great post

Barack Obama Applause GIF by Obama

I see we've reached the stupid part of the debate where once again you're just arguing the toss so let's leave it there shall we. :thumbup:
The stupid part of the debate is the fact that you have lauded Levy's achievements in making us one of the richest clubs in the world, "FPP winners". Yet in the same breath, you will argue we can't take any financial risk spending money.

Knew you’d bite. :ange-lol:

It’s ironic you always speaking about twisting comments when your constant MO is to essentially ignore some parts of a post that you can’t argue with and then just scream “goal post moving” at any part that doesn’t fit your agenda.

So now yo want to attack me instead of actually contributing to a pretty decent discussion

You seem pretty bored, you must love me that much, I may humour you later just to appease your little debating fetish, let me see :angeshock:

The stupid part of the debate is the fact that you have lauded Levy's achievements in making us one of the richest clubs in the world, "FPP winners". Yet in the same breath, you will argue we can't take any financial risk spending money.

Okay here's another one who is crying about the content of my posts today 😆

Where have I used the term "FFP Winners" and of course we can take financial risks, that doesn't mean it's a good idea to do it, why do you think those restrictions were bought in in the first place?

So now yo want to attack me instead of actually contributing to a pretty decent discussion

You seem pretty bored, you must love me that much, I may humour you later just to appease your little debating fetish, let me see :angeshock:
If you keep making personal remarks about me mate, expect to get one back eventually!

Now, my apologies. I’ll let you get back to your decent discussion about how we’re FFP compliant winners. :thumbup:

Yep, Levynomics. That’s why he won’t substantiate his views here.

Lowest cost base (Wages/Turnover).

We should 100% be about to mix it with the old guard of “Big Boys” constantly (excluding City due to doping, Utd and Liverpool due to huge worldwide support and likely higher revenues year to year aligned to this, Utds FFP issue will get resolved summer no doubt due to the 25% injection and multiple huge earners going).

We are though, catch up :p

Not quite.

Last season we were in CL so I'd expect us to see club record revenues when accounts to 30 June 2023 are published in the next month or so - and that would put us above Woolwich and Chelsea which is excellent news, but still behind both Mans clubs and Liverpool

But we are not in CL this season so when accounts to June 2024 are published, we will have circa £100m less than this year and back far closer to Woolwich and Chelsea

So we need a couple of years in CL to accumulate some wealth.

We have a very decent first team in place and a number of players capable of being squad players but we'd all agree that we can improve on a number of players in the squad (not necessarily where to improve) and we'll improve again in summer 2024, but we will still want another summer of two to upgrade the squad - and obviously the more wealth we have accumulated, the more can go into the squad. And whilst spending big does NOT guarantee success, being able to spend is a great help in signing up the next players that we want/need.

Although we'll certainly find the usual suspects saying - oooh we are rich, why aren't we signing Osimenh for £150m and why not just spend big on every player. Usually they have never been allowed outside their mothers basement for their own good !

Revenues are expected to go up as are profits.

We are still one of the most profitable clubs in sport.

One season in or out of Europe has much less impact on the overall picture than people realize.

If you keep making personal remarks about me mate, expect to get one back eventually!

Now, my apologies. I’ll let you get back to your decent discussion about how we’re FFP compliant winners. :thumbup:

Yep, definitely bored so much so he has to lie

I know my posts have wound you up and I'm actually fucking happy you're sitting there getting frustrated over the realisation that we won't act like chavs who've just won the lottery in the transfer market, good - learn some fekin patience and stop acting like a spoilt child.

You ought to get with the program mate, you need to understand what type of club you support and what type of owners we have and what type of era we're in, once you've done that it might make you feel better about what's happening at this club.

Or you can carry on smashing your keyboard, sup to you.

Back
Top Bottom