January Transfer Thread 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Am I the only one thinking £30 million for an 18 year old is a hell of a risk any way?
He may have huge potential but he could also flop , if he is going Brentford as he thinks he will get more game time then I don’t want
Him here , I want a player who believes they are good enough to start for us next season and ready to prove to Ange they are good enough!
We spunked 60 odd million on a "proven" midfielder in 2019.

That paperweight is still hanging around the club.

True you have to speculate to accumulate, but if he succeeds at Brentford, then he will likely cost his next club 60-70 million, something i am sure Levy had one eye on.

Johnson cost how much?

If we were / are in for him then he must be worth what we are/were prepared tp spend.

It's Amazing how many Spurs Fans are brainwashed by our Bank Balance and Our World Class Stadium.

Non of them have even realised that Keane, Sandringham, Bale, Modric, Berbatov, Walker, Trippier and Kane were all part of a Spurs rebuild. How many of them ended up lifting a trophy with Spurs and how many ended up.doing so with other clubs.

Sandringham, isn't he related to King Charles?

I don’t want to spoil the suspense for anyone but we aren’t signing Gallagher or Kimmich.
Bored Daily Show GIF by CTV Comedy Channel

Have to be honest, I’m starting to think this was the window when we had an opportunity to do something big.

Every other big spender seems to have FFP and the market is crying out for a spender to get it moving. If you ever wanted to take the opportunity to hunt a big fish, this was the window.

Have to be honest, I’m starting to think this was the window when we had an opportunity to do something big.

Every other big spender seems to have FFP and the market is crying out for a spender to get it moving. If you ever wanted to take the opportunity to hunt a big fish, this was the window.

Why would that change in the summer?

Which big fish did you have in mind?

Why would that change in the summer?

Other clubs might have their FFP allowance in better shape come summer, at least it was reported Arse have to wait until summer. I.e we went into a window with little competition given our situation and most other teams.

Hopefully most clubs are still fucked in the summer.

Which big fish did you have in mind?

I don’t have anyone specific but I don’t work for the club as a scout,

Don’t get me wrong I understand the prudence of Werner as a loan. But we have always been prudent as a club when it comes to transfers and it’s got us to where we are.
It’s yet to get us above a certain level though and to break that ceiling we might need to do something we’ve never done before.

In January? No chance

Back
Top Bottom