January Transfer Thread 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Honestly, the sad level of people in here that they can't let some one use a bit of sarcastic humour to make fun of our sad failures in the transfer market

I don't really care if people "get me" or my humour style.
But don't waste my time quoting me all night or else you'll just go on ignore.

Christmas Time Omg GIF by CBeebies HQ

You’re not concerned yet you were the one saying that none of the surrounding teams have done any business because they were all good enough as is — even the teams below us looking for Europe.

Just stop. This is embarrassing.
I said maybe that is the case, again I'm not interested n what they do, I can't tell you what their transfers are or what their aims for this season. I'm looking at US and what we do for now and the future.

What does that mean?

We refuse to pay market rate for a transfer target?
What is the market rate for an 18 yr old who plays in a weak league. But doesn’t often play 90mins. Yes he looks good but not for 30m. If you just pay what’s asked you end up like Man Utd. 80m for Anthony….laughable.
We were quoted 30m for Gift Orban last season. Also played in that league . Just been sold to Lyon for 13m.

The summer is still gonna happen. Better to steal a march and get ahead of the crowd. But of course, that's not our style.
It's going to happen and we'll spend a lot of time twiddling our thumbs, spend weeks discussing conditions of making a bid etc.

Exactly.....

Would also take Mitoma as well.....

Keep in mind Aston villa signed diaby for what like 40m.....yet we signed johnson for 50....

Hasn’t Diaby gone off the boil and lost his starting spot to Bailey?

Tbh Bailey was also really highly rated when he came over but took a while to adapt to the move.

Johnson will be a very good player for us, I’m sure of that.

Like who?
Mitoma would fit the bill. Kvara obviously. I really like Sane, but appreciate he a) plays for Bayern, b) is about to sign an extension and c) is apparently a bit of a penis.

The problem with that question is any answer requires the players to already be established and, therefore, many many millions.

We need to get the player before he becomes a ‘who’.

Great move for Clarke. Was a lost cause here, so went to Sunderland, revitalized his career and now reaping the rewards.
Weird that Sunderland are selling him though, I think he's their only hope of making playoffs.
Worth more than that. Blackburn have turned down 18m for Wharton who we are interested in, he’s just a defensive midfielder. Clarke is one of the top scorers in the Champ.

Back
Top Bottom