January Transfer Thread 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think peeps need to take stock and realise that that likes of Ajax, BVB & RB get such talent cos they can offer a development stepping stone whilst still being an CL environment.

We don't fall into that category cos our week to week fixtures are much tougher and don't afford the same amount of patience (and have higher expectations than the likes of CP, WH or Brentford).

We've done very well getting young players of late:

Sarr,
VDV
Udogie
Dragusin
Kulu
Veliz
Phillips
The Croatian CB lad.
BJ (Yes, I know some have their doubts about him; but pertinent to today's news Brentford wanted him and we acted decisively to get our man.)
Spence (Who the vast majority here wanted!)

....but some will still opt for something different to what we can offer:

i.e.
Eze (QPR > CP)
Olise (Reading > CP)
Bowen (Hull > WH)
Scott (BristolC. > Bmuff)
Nusa (Brugge > Brentford)
Or perhaps they all paid more than ‘Daniel’ chose to stump up

This stinks of your boss, son

He gets fed bullshit by agents across Europe. Mostly to get their clients names out there.

Can't remember many stories he's broken before other journalists and usually sneaks in last minute with a "here we go" to sound legit.

Tap in merchant that posts lots of interim puff.

Who was the last big one he broke before reports anywhere else?

He owes his career to Bruno Fernandes. He's been living off that transfer since it was made. There's a reason he's become a meme.
He was one of the first, if not the first, to report on Dragusin.

Also there's 1000 reports every day that are nonsense. So if he was just copying other reports, 99% of his tweets would turn out to be unreliable. But it's the other way around, he gets it right unnervingly often.

He's simultaneously reliable but also used by agents and selling clubs to make more cash. I prefer Paul O'Keefe more as he gives more detail i.e. if its just intermediaries negotiating or the club itself.

Either way we wanted the player and another club got the player.

It happens.

Of course.

But that's far from the narrative of we got beat to the signature of a player by a smaller club.

We didn't. We just couldn't offer the player what he specifically wanted for his development. Another club could.

If we promised him minutes, he'd be here.

He was one of the first, if not the first, to report on Dragusin.

Also there's 1000 reports every day that are nonsense. So if he was just copying other reports, 99% of his tweets would turn out to be unreliable. But it's the other way around, he gets it right unnervingly often.

He's simultaneously reliable but also used by agents and selling clubs to make more cash. I prefer Paul O'Keefe more as he gives more detail i.e. if its just intermediaries negotiating or the club itself.

Jeeezuz..... "Unnervingly"????

Chill fella.

Sandringham,
Who the fuck??!!!

No Way Wtf GIF by Harlem

Back
Top Bottom