January Transfer Thread 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It’s not a sequential thing.
Sometimes I spend money ahead of my payday in anticipation of income.
Contrary to some opinions, Vicario, Maddison and Van der Ven , despite coming in earlier, weren’t free giveaways with a packet of jelly babies.
We slowly reduced our wage bill over the last two years, we need to start exploiting this position of strength

Honestly, the sad level of people in here that they can't let some one use a bit of sarcastic humour to make fun of our sad failures in the transfer market

I don't really care if people "get me" or my humour style.
But don't waste my time quoting me all night or else you'll just go on ignore.

If Brentford did in fact guarantee Nusa game time then that’s one hell of a gamble. Depending on the quality of other sides in the league next year I could see them getting quite low on the table if he doesn’t immediately kick on

The point is that nobody can be sure of the reason. The media reports so many different things so who knows the real reason.
I'm sure those brushing it off are sure they all know the reasons.
I don't quite get where that mentality has come from. Bit like having 1 shot on goal last night, but it's OK as it was Ange and not Conte.

Ours fans have got fickle

For the record, I think recruitment has been much improved in the last 12 months and the window has been positive.

But our frontline still needs a lot of work.

Backline is good now finally, even the backups Dragusin, Royal, Davies and Forster are fine.

Midfield we need another Sarr energy player don’t care if that is Gallagher or Ederson or whoever, but I can see why we are linked as we need energy players to retain the press.

Attack we need an elite wide player. Son, Richarlison and Veliz can cover CF as I doubt we are looking at Toney or Osinhem but we need a kvaratskhelia type player who can press, dribble, link and score to a high level.

Kvara is the calibre of player we should we going for and based on his performances for Napoli last season he seems to have the attributes and end product to be a long term Son replacement.

It would be interesting to know what sort of figure Napoli would want for him considering they’re languishing in mid table this season and they’re reportedly skint.

Napoli are planning to sell Osimhen for stupid money this summer. They won’t need to shift Kvara same time

Back
Top Bottom