January Transfer Thread 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm talking about now though not las summer, i don't see the plans you're talking about, if they exist why leave it so late?
Given the amount of business done in the last 24 hours of every window — not just by us but by everyone— that’s a rather stupid take.
Maybe they don't need to but all we done is take a punt on and out of form attacker and get a back up defender that we should have had in the summer.
So, every other team around the top four and vying for European places thinks they’re good enough to stand pat?

All the teams at the bottom of the table think they’re already good enough to avoid the drop?
Give your head a fucking wobble.

Ange has done a job changing the mentality on the pitch. But sadly, our mentality off it still needs a lot of work.
It's embarrassing getting done by Brentford. Fans on here will give the old "he's not all that anyway"
Which is like getting blown out by Margot Robbie then trying to make out like you can do better anyway. It's a bid sad that that's the reaction from our fans.
They were doing the same when Bayern nearly slid in and took the Dragusin deal away from us.
No point aiming venom at the players or the other team, missing out on players we've spent time and resources scouting is our fault for procrastinating too long.

He wanted more game time you stupid git.

We didn’t get ‘done’ by Brentford at all.

Grow up for the love of god, you petulant child.

You're a happy fellow.

Sad Season 2 GIF by Friends

You spelled "moron" wrong.

2 MFs.... However Ange sees the squad balance.
2 Attackers.... Ditto. Depending on how Ange sees the remaining attackers, 1 or both of those need to be ready for 1st XI.
1 GK

.....Perhaps a LB too if we're gonna make Davies a full time back-up CB (which I'm fine with).
Yeah, fair.
I'd personally keep our midfield as it is as I'm happy with it as discussed previously; let go off 2 of Gil/ Werner/ Solomon, and bring in 1 CF and LW (both starting level) and 1 CB and GK (back ups).

Another factor is which European competition we qualify for. If CL then out squad depth needs to be more 'ready', but if Europa that could give an opportunity to Veliz, Devine and Phillips to get starts. Or is it too early for them?

Maybe he's not, no. But he's still one of the better looking ones in the club. We'll probably leave it till half 2 and then go home with a kebab eating munter

If we're lucky.

The proverbial Margo Robbie ain't going home with you, ya div.

I just don't know why someone would get so worked up over a player choosing game time and minutes over sitting on the bench behind Son.

Gazumped ya know 😂😂
You mistake stone cold sarcasm, and self deprecating humour at our clubs expense for being "worked up"

Like most people, I have far more to worry about in life right at this moment than whether we signed a kid I've never seen or heard of.

Think of it more as a groan at history repeating itself. Again.

I just don't know why someone would get so worked up over a player choosing game time and minutes over sitting on the bench behind Son.

Gazumped ya know 😂😂
He may not have had the choice if we got on with it. If his only decision was spurs or remain entire at Brugge, this deal may have been done.
But we waited. For what? I'll never know.

You mistake stone cold sarcasm, and self deprecating humour at our clubs expense for being "worked up"

Like most people, I have far more to worry about in life right at this moment than whether we signed a kid I've never seen or heard of.

Think of it more as a groan at history repeating itself. Again.

Who was the last teenager to reject us due to lack of game time we could offer them?

Not really seeing the history repeating itself there. Quite refreshing to see a kid with his head screwed on for the better of his career.

Who was the last teenager to reject us due to lack of game time we could offer them?

Not really seeing the history repeating itself there. Quite refreshing to see a kid with his head screwed on for the better of his career.
Why does it have to be a teenager?
Plenty of players we've wanted over the years haven't come, simply because we took too long.
#Grealish

He may not have had the choice if we got on with it. If his only decision was spurs or remain entire at Brugge, this deal may have been done.
But we waited. For what? I'll never know.

Again you're just making up random scenarios in your head as a way of blaming the club for a decision a teenager himself had made. Strange

Such a key need that he's played about 5 minutes in 2 games.
Okay, now this is ridiculous level complaining.

Romero and VdV have an exceptional partnership, but their injury and suspension records meant it was key to bring in a quality CB who can fill in.
Dragusin was exactly the correct purchase, the fact he hasn't immediately started over Romero and VdV doesn't detract from that.

Back
Top Bottom