January Transfer Thread 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Realistically those are the kind of signings we have to be looking at, with that kind of cheap fee. I have no confidence those kind of signings can be done in the time we go left.
We sold the best striker in the world for 100M. If we don’t sign Oshimen it’s been an underwhelming window tbh. Where’s the fucking money gone baldy

Just a 'tone'...maybe I'm too sensitive 🤣

Think it's justified, some people were saying that he said the deal was pretty much done, in reality fans do what they normally do and get carried away at tenous links and click bait and thus get attached to players and when the deal doesn't come off lose their shit and get all emotional.

Don't be silly.

We wanted him

We enquired about him

Undoubtedly we were told the price

We knew the price

So did Brentford

Brentford paid it, or close to it

We were gazumped. We've been watching him since last summer, and we dawdled so fucking long, a little team like Brentford came in and did the deal.
Grealish all over again. In a year or 2 this kid will be moving on again for money well out of our reach.
Probably to Brighton as the one of the other unrestricted-by-ffp teams. They'll blow us out of the water with a £35m offer for him.

We actually offered 50m and they rejected it.

See how easy it is for me to also post nonsense?

Jesus Christ, what an absolute load of bollocks. Get a grip will you!

We lost a match to the team that won everything last year, probably best in Europe and the world. Yes they had Haaland out and a returning De Bruyne but had 20 mins from a very out of practice Maddison, no Sarr or Bissouma who would have given our midfield a very different dynamic.

City are currently on another level to us, we are striving for that.

We also lost out on the signature of a very good 18 year old who until last week I'd never heard of (not that that says anything about him as I don't follow other leagues or play FM). But if as reported Brentford guaranteed him playing time and he thinks that for the best then fair enough - he is not the only talented youngster out there.

Don't believe everything you read online about transfers or the club, take it with a pinch of salt as its probably made up by some kid/wannabe journalist/ITK.

I've only ever ignored one person on here before - some plum I can't remember and you can go join him as I cannot stand the doom laden gumpf you spout.

Just wait till you find out you're replying to a beta version of chatGTP

Jesus Christ, do calm down.

This is a talented player who is not yet starting from Brugge. We've still had a very good window so far.
Ange has done a job changing the mentality on the pitch. But sadly, our mentality off it still needs a lot of work.
It's embarrassing getting done by Brentford. Fans on here will give the old "he's not all that anyway"
Which is like getting blown out by Margot Robbie then trying to make out like you can do better anyway. It's a bit sad that that's the reaction from our fans.
They were doing the same when Bayern nearly slid in and took the Dragusin deal away from us.
No point aiming venom at the players or the other team, missing out on players we've spent time and resources scouting is our fault for procrastinating too long.

Last edited:
It's embarrassing getting done by Brentford. Fans on here will give the old "he's not all that anyway"
Which is like getting blown out by Margot Robbie then trying to make out like you can do better anyway. It's a bid sad that that's the reaction from our fans.
But I don't think Nusa is Margot Robbie, and I believe if we were more certain about him, we would have given more more assurances re first XI and also outbid Brentford.

Ange has done a job changing the mentality on the pitch. But sadly, our mentality off it still needs a lot of work.
Which is like getting blown out by Margot Robbie then trying to make out like you can do better anyway. It's a bid sad that that's the reaction from our fans.
They were doing the same when Bayern nearly slid in and took the Dragusin deal away from us.
No point aiming venom at the players or the other team, missing out on players we've spent time and resources scouting is our fault for procrastinating too long.

We got "done" by Nusa, not Brentford.

Have you not been keeping up? You'd be less angry if you did

We sold the best striker in the world for 100M. If we don’t sign Oshimen it’s been an underwhelming window tbh. Where’s the fucking money gone baldy
It’s not a sequential thing.
Sometimes I spend money ahead of my payday in anticipation of income.
Contrary to some opinions, Vicario, Maddison and Van der Ven , despite coming in earlier, weren’t free giveaways with a packet of jelly babies.

I’ve the same idea as you.
Because I know the same number of people that work in the front offices as you do.
I do know that multi-billion pound companies don’t tend to pull things out of their arse as a last minute compensation for not getting a deal across the line. They do this thing called ‘planning’.
I’m pretty sure we had a good plan B when we didn’t get Raya etc.
I'm talking about now though not las summer, i don't see the plans you're talking about, if they exist why leave it so late?
No club vying for the UCL places has done as much as us this window. I’m pretty sure that although no one confided in you, the moves we made were planned.
Maybe they don't need to but all we done is take a punt on and out of form attacker and get a back up defender that we should have had in the summer.

City showed is what football is. Much as we wanted to be on the front foot, we couldn't. We were outclassed.

We don't have the players good enough to win a league.

We are not buying players good enough to win the league in the next 3 years.

What happens in the next 3 years ADV will have Real Madrid, City and those willing to invest, knocking at his door. Levy will sell at an inflated price because he knows he'll loose his assets for nothing and he won't be willing to pay the salary the players demands.

Players use Spurs as a stepping stone and Levy is happy with that because he gets richer and good young players will always come our way in order to make a name.

Don't expect to see Romero, Udogie, Sarr, VDV, Porro, Dragusin, Bentancur and Vicario all there in 4 years time. You'll probably still have Skipp, Davies, Richarlison, Kulusevski, Johnson, Werner, Solomon, Bissouma and Emerson around.

Ange won't win a league at Spurs. He'll be off after he gets fed up of how our transfers work. Liverpool has been his dream and rumours are rife that his dream may be available as soon as next year.
You're a happy fellow.

Sad Season 2 GIF by Friends

By replace, do you mean like for like replacements? I.e. 1CDM, 1CAM, 2LWs, 1GK?
We'd likely bring in around 40m from those sales, would you want us to prioritise a certain position and spend more on it?

2 MFs.... However Ange sees the squad balance.
2 Attackers.... Ditto. Depending on how Ange sees the remaining attackers, 1 or both of those need to be ready for 1st XI.
1 GK

.....Perhaps a LB too if we're gonna make Davies a full time back-up CB (which I'm fine with).

Back
Top Bottom