January Transfer Thread 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Lol...its so obvious that this is not about Nusa. The rage driving this comes from that front three that played Friday's inability to punch through a wet paper bag. Yeah I actually think we all need to calm down, Ange included and let Paratici fix this. No dis to the boss and Mr Lange but, Paratici needs to be told build a balanced front tree. Find us class like Sarr Udoige and Vic. Because the truth looks increasingly like it's HIS picks that turned us round. But it can't be done in one window.

I wouldn't write off the front 3 yet.

I think we will evaluate their overall contribution this season at end of the season.

And that may well mean one or two more in during the summer - and if Werner fails his audition we won't take up his option, but I suspect that probably all or most of our front line will be here next season either as first team picks or bench, there are (maybe surprisingly) not a large number of better players around - just look at our PL rivals beyond their first team starters.

Good for Brentford, we based our scouting system on theirs. They are prepared to take a risk and get the deal done, we arent.

Not sure there's much we could have done besides lie to him.

If it's his personal choice that his next step be that of guaranteed game time, the move to Brentford is the right one for him.

If Udogie and Sarr had the same demands. We wouldn't have signed them either.

Is what it is to be honest. It's annoying because I think Nusa would have been an excellent signing, certainly for the future. Proper get you out of your seat player.

I'm gonna be honest, losing out on Nusa will be a big dissappointment.

Loads of talent, and a very likeable and serious guy.

As a Norwegian I have probably seen a lot more of him than the average Joe, and from what I have seen I think he would have been pushing for a start spot sooner, rather than later.

Has been very - very - impressive in his matches for Norway, and such a breathe of fresh air. And let us not forget he is till 18.

Me still hoping..

Typical ENIC spin etc...

Cat Typing GIF

Lol...its so obvious that this is not about Nusa. The rage driving this comes from that front three that played Friday's inability to punch through a wet paper bag. Yeah I actually think we all need to calm down, Ange included and let Paratici fix this. No dis to the boss and Mr Lange but, Paratici needs to be told build a balanced front tree. Find us class like Sarr Udoige and Vic. Because the truth looks increasingly like it's HIS picks that turned us round. But it can't be done in one window.
Also apparently Veliz was his pick too. Paratici went to watch Nusa and meet his reps.

Imo the real issue we need to tackle is how we connect the team to the front 3 when Maddison is out and we are playing a really top team. GLC can’t stay fit and Deki is more 10 than 8.

Seen him play plenty of times in Belgium, he is not even close to how good Doku was when he was that age.

Also Bakayoko is more impressive. He refused Brentford this summer.

3 points off 2?
City showed is what football is. Much as we wanted to be on the front foot, we couldn't. We were outclassed.

We don't have the players good enough to win a league.

We are not buying players good enough to win the league in the next 3 years.

What happens in the next 3 years ADV will have Real Madrid, City and those willing to invest, knocking at his door. Levy will sell at an inflated price because he knows he'll loose his assets for nothing and he won't be willing to pay the salary the players demands.

Players use Spurs as a stepping stone and Levy is happy with that because he gets richer and good young players will always come our way in order to make a name.

Don't expect to see Romero, Udogie, Sarr, VDV, Porro, Dragusin, Bentancur and Vicario all there in 4 years time. You'll probably still have Skipp, Davies, Richarlison, Kulusevski, Johnson, Werner, Solomon, Bissouma and Emerson around.

Ange won't win a league at Spurs. He'll be off after he gets fed up of how our transfers work. Liverpool has been his dream and rumours are rife that his dream may be available as soon as next year.

City showed is what football is. Much as we wanted to be on the front foot, we couldn't. We were outclassed.

We don't have the players good enough to win a league.

We are not buying players good enough to win the league in the next 3 years.

What happens in the next 3 years ADV will have Real Madrid, City and those willing to invest, knocking at his door. Levy will sell at an inflated price because he knows he'll loose his assets for nothing and he won't be willing to pay the salary the players demands.

Players use Spurs as a stepping stone and Levy is happy with that because he gets richer and good young players will always come our way in order to make a name.

Don't expect to see Romero, Udogie, Sarr, VDV, Porro, Dragusin, Bentancur and Vicario all there in 4 years time. You'll probably still have Skipp, Davies, Richarlison, Kulusevski, Johnson, Werner, Solomon, Bissouma and Emerson around.

Ange won't win a league at Spurs. He'll be off after he gets fed up of how our transfers work. Liverpool has been his dream and rumours are rife that his dream may be available as soon as next year.

DOOOOOMED

WE ARE ALL DOOOMED

THE END IS NIGHT RUN FOR THE HILLS

Seen him play plenty of times in Belgium, he is not even close to how good Doku was when he was that age.

Also Bakayoko is more impressive. He refused Brentford this summer.
I have seen this said a few times here now, and probably then from you. This probably first of all underlines that he is a youth.

Noone, or at least very few, 18 year old players play consistant good on the highest level.

What Nusa has already proved is that he is able to step up at the best scenes, CL and national team, and deliever extraordinary performances. His first two games for Norway wasn't ok or good, they were Man of the match performances where he stood out more than Haaland and Ødegaard.

Not a better player, no, and not top performances every time, but a roof high potential - and already cut out for at least appereances in the PL.

If you want a laugh head over to SC with the ITK’s doing their best club call 365 impressions 🤣

Yet another GLARING example of the BS that is made up on there. Literally daily posts from ITK talking about the negotiations and agreements.

Yet still, we have grown men and women on there THANKING them for their efforts and insight.

THANKING them for making up stories they can read at bedtime.

Special mention and thanks to Hercules, Hotspur88 and WLB, for yet again, being absolute bullshit merchants!

Back
Top Bottom