January Transfer Thread 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Spot on. 1 or 2 quality signings in forward positions in the summer and our squad is looking in cracking shape.

Thanks Thank You GIF by BLKBOK

Yeah, fair.
I'd personally keep our midfield as it is as I'm happy with it as discussed previously; let go off 2 of Gil/ Werner/ Solomon, and bring in 1 CF and LW (both starting level) and 1 CB and GK (back ups).

Too early to write Solomon off IMO.... Perhaps Ange will have made his mind up by the end of the season (in which case add him to my 'replace' list too); but between his short run for us (pre-injury) and similar at Fulham in the second half of last season there's hope at least.

Another factor is which European competition we qualify for. If CL then out squad depth needs to be more 'ready', but if Europa that could give an opportunity to Veliz, Devine and Phillips to get starts. Or is it too early for them?

Veliz/Scarlett - Keep one and send the other back out on loan.
Phillips - He needs games not splinters....... So loan again. I'm happy with Rom, VDV, Dragusin & Davies a CB next season.
Devine - The extra body would be good if Ange deems him good enough, but again; I'd rather not starve him for the sake of 100 mins all season.
Donley - Loan
Dorrington - Loan.

Last edited:
Why does it have to be a teenager?
Plenty of players we've wanted over the years haven't come, simply because we took too long.
#Grealish

I don't understand what you mean by taking too long. How long did we take?

What's Grealish got to do with anything!?

Grealish was into his 20s and had absolute years and years of experience and had developed relatively well.

Nusa is an 18 year old who NEEDS competitive games to develop. That's his decision. We couldn't offer him that. That's got nothing to do with the club taking its time and it's got absolutely nothing to do with any sort of transfer fee.

Youre literally making stuff up as a way of bashing the club because of a decision a teenager has made for what he thinks is the better of his career.

There was no outbidding, there was no "gazumping" as much as you'd have liked to run that narrative, I'm afraid. Just a relatively refreshing decision made by a young talented footballer who cares about his development.

Okay, now this is ridiculous level complaining.

Romero and VdV have an exceptional partnership, but their injury and suspension records meant it was key to bring in a quality CB who can fill in.
Dragusin was exactly the correct purchase, the fact he hasn't immediately started over Romero and VdV doesn't detract from that.

Igmore drivel and agendas.

The first group to moan if one of Romero or Van De Ven got injured are the Magoos of this forum..

Wasted energy arguing with the unarguables.

Too early to write Solomon off IMO.... Perhaps Ange will have made his mind up by the end of the season (in which case add him to my list too); but between his short run for us (pre-injury) and similar at Fulham in the second half of last season there's hope at least.
That's a good point. I have written off Gil, and I think we should keep the best performer out of Werner and Solomon (unless they both tear it up which is unlikely). I didn't write off Solomon just yet.

Veliz/Scarlett - Keep one and send the other back out on loan.
Phillips - He needs games not splinters....... So loan again. I'm happy with Rom, VDV, Dragusin & Davies next season.
Devine - The extra body would be good if Ange deems him good enough, but again; I'd rather not starve him for the sake of 100 mins all season.
Donely - Loan
Dorrington - Loan.
If we get Europa league, could Veliz, Phillips and Devine not get significant game time every week? That would be my hope, unless they're seen as too green.
Agree with loaning Scarlett, Donley and Dorrington- all 3 to Championship clubs imo.

That's a good point. I have written off Gil, and I think we should keep the best performer out of Werner and Solomon (unless they both tear it up which is unlikely). I didn't write off Solomon just yet.

If we get Europa league, could Veliz, Phillips and Devine not get significant game time every week? That would be my hope, unless they're seen as too green.
Agree with loaning Scarlett, Donley and Dorrington- all 3 to Championship clubs imo.

Phillips & Devine........ I'd rather they got a full 30+ game season.

Matt having a competition with Gazzapen on who can speak the biggest amount of bollocks in this thread today

My money's on Gazzapen Gazzapen .... His technique is far superior...... You can't fuck with a guy that literally just leans on his keyboard and then merely lucks out in finding the 'enter' key.

Last edited:
He may not have had the choice if we got on with it. If his only decision was spurs or remain entire at Brugge, this deal may have been done.
But we waited. For what? I'll never know.

It’s about money it usually is.
25m is a lot to pay for an 18 year old from the Belgium league who may or may not make it in the premier league. IMO we decided it was too much to pay for potential

Kvara is the calibre of player we should we going for and based on his performances for Napoli last season he seems to have the attributes and end product to be a long term Son replacement.

It would be interesting to know what sort of figure Napoli would want for him considering they’re languishing in mid table this season and they’re reportedly skint.

Exactly.....

Would also take Mitoma as well.....

Keep in mind Aston villa signed diaby for what like 40m.....yet we signed johnson for 50....

Given the amount of business done in the last 24 hours of every window — not just by us but by everyone— that’s a rather stupid take.
I'm not concerned with what their plans, I'm only concerned with our plans

So, every other team around the top four and vying for European places thinks they’re good enough to stand pat?

All the teams at the bottom of the table think they’re already good enough to avoid the drop?
Give your head a fucking wobble.
Maybe doesn't really interest me, a signing like Nusa was for the summer not for now anyway, i was fine with that.

I'm not concerned with what their plans, I'm only concerned with our plans

Maybe doesn't really interest me, a signing like Nusa was for the summer not for now anyway, i was fine with that.
You’re not concerned yet you were the one saying that none of the surrounding teams have done any business because they were all good enough as is — even the teams below us looking for Europe.

Just stop. This is embarrassing.

Back
Top Bottom