January Transfer Thread 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

But no one makes him post stuff...I think if if you're posting rumours and itk then sometimes you get it wrong and people will question your veracity.

Of course. He does say when he has no idea though. That’s where he differs from the SC bullshitters who will never say that they have no idea.

He does like to get in spats with opposition fans virtually every day. So I think he likes the attention too.

.........As always, the diff. between us is that you deem certain individuals trustworthy; whereas I just take a more holistic view and try to gauge the overall noise. There is no individuals that I "trust"; but you're not prepared to recognise that.
Hmm but if there's a high volume of noise but it's all from bullshitters I tend to ignore it. On the other hand if 2 of Paul O'Keefe, Fabrizio Romano, or Alasdair Gold say Spurs is interested in a particular player, that's worth a lot more than high volume of noise from random sources.

But no one makes him post stuff...I think if if you're posting rumours and itk then sometimes you get it wrong and people will question your veracity.

He's just replying to people's tweets?

He never tweeted anything about Nusa other than he was someone we were looking at and when asked if any news about him over the last few days, he said none.

Looks like he got it right more than anything. I think he just gets annoyed with Spurs fans who believe every single aggregator and then moan when the opposite happens.

You know it's plausible the scenario was similar to this:

- We contacted Brugge about the availability of Nusa.
- Nusa interested in joining the club.
- We sit down with Brugge to discuss the situation. Schedule further talks
- We are in constant dialogue with Nusa's agency.
- It's made clear by Nusa's agency that he wants reassurance over game time
- We can't reassure him over that
- We nixe further talks with Brugge as us and Nusa can't come to an agreement on playing time and his development.
- In the mean time, his agency have been talking to other clubs as you do due to his availability and Brentford are one of the ones who can offer money, but also reassure.

Romano never confirmed further talks took place. Just that further talks were planned. Sounds to me, from reports as well as POK that we didn't go and meet with Brugge again. Likely due to agent discussions.
I don't really buy into that insurance of guaranteed game time, why wouldn't his agency say that was bullshit?

He's just replying to people's tweets?

He never tweeted anything about Nusa other than he was someone we were looking at and when asked if any news about him over the last few days, he said none.

Looks like he got it right more than anything. I think he just gets annoyed with Spurs fans who believe every single aggregator and then moan when the opposite happens.
I can see he's replying but comes across as pissed off...maybe he is....

You’ve no idea if we’ve been working on a plan B ( or C or D). Werner came out of apparently nowhere. Just because social media ITKs haven’t discussed other deals doesn’t mean that they’re not being worked.
FWIW, I don’t think we’ll do anything more in terms of incoming but bringing in a young prospect on spec wouldn’t surprise me. I’m pretty sure it wouldn’t be a ‘panic buy’ after failing to get Nusa.
Where is it then? Have they all failed?

A lot, Nusa is being painted as some kind of spoilt teenager.
And also as the second coming of Christ who would save our future.

I don't think he is a spoiled teenager just a young lad who has probably sensibly prioritised playing time at this stage of his career.

A lot of angst being put into a transfer that was always going to be a bit of a punt on a youngster who may or may not prove his worth.

Well, gazumped would mean a team offered more money which we know isn't true.

Pipped would simply mean a team got their first. Which we also know isn't true or it's certainly not known to be true.

Not sure anyone is in denial over anything.

Why not?

No one else in Europe has money. The English league has plenty and I reckon it's about to be the league for young talent to come in and develop.

Nusa is the profile of someone who'd typically go to Ajax, Dortmund etc first, get game time and be sold on. But none of them would be offering Brugge the money they asked for like English clubs can.

Nusa wants game time. He isn't getting that at the elite clubs who could have signed him if they wanted to.
Don't be silly.

We wanted him

We enquired about him

Undoubtedly we were told the price

We knew the price

So did Brentford

Brentford paid it, or close to it

We were gazumped. We've been watching him since last summer, and we dawdled so fucking long, a little team like Brentford came in and did the deal.
Grealish all over again. In a year or 2 this kid will be moving on again for money well out of our reach.
Probably to Brighton as the one of the other unrestricted-by-ffp teams. They'll blow us out of the water with a £35m offer for him.

Where is it then? Have they all failed?
I’ve the same idea as you.
Because I know the same number of people that work in the front offices as you do.
I do know that multi-billion pound companies don’t tend to pull things out of their arse as a last minute compensation for not getting a deal across the line. They do this thing called ‘planning’.
I’m pretty sure we had a good plan B when we didn’t get Raya etc.
No club vying for the UCL places has done as much as us this window. I’m pretty sure that although no one confided in you, the moves we made were planned.

And also as the second coming of Christ who would save our future.

I don't think he is a spoiled teenager just a young lad who has probably sensibly prioritised playing time at this stage of his career.

A lot of angst being put into a transfer that was always going to be a bit of a punt on a youngster who may or may not prove his worth.
Realistically those are the kind of signings we have to be looking at, with that kind of cheap fee. I have no confidence those kind of signings can be done in the time we go left.

Defense and midfield look good IMO...but our attack with the exception of son is ass.

Would love to get Kvara from Napoli or Ralphina from Barcelona....Levy make it happen please.

Kvara is the calibre of player we should we going for and based on his performances for Napoli last season he seems to have the attributes and end product to be a long term Son replacement.

It would be interesting to know what sort of figure Napoli would want for him considering they’re languishing in mid table this season and they’re reportedly skint.

Back
Top Bottom