January Transfer Thread 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I knew Nusa was too good to be true when the ITKs at SC started wanking themselves off about the deal.

Anyways, it’s pretty funny that us and Brentford go head to head for two wingers and we end up with Johnson and they get Nusa.

Only time will tell, I suppose.

tumblr_mmwhrfPTtZ1qeqr5fo1_250.gifv

Because it's entirely plausible that he was interested in talking to us along with other clubs.

Again how would we know what his intentions were in any case?
Like I said Ange talked with him, we would push on with talks if we had no indication that he would join us.

I think we should move on from Nusa now.. he wouldn't be ready for a couple of years at least given he doesn't start for Brugge.

Thinking more broadly about our squad; I think our defence and midfield are in a fantastic place.

But the attack gives me concern. Gil isn't a PL player, and Solomon hasn't yet shown much. Richarlison, Werner, Kulusevski and Johnson all have significant flaws. Son is the only proven goalscorer and 31yo.

Imo this summer we should sell/let go of out 3 worst performing forwards, and buy 2 quality ones, perhaps 60m each.
Time is a loan , manor a freebie and Gil but can’t see much income for those 2 if any. We ain’t gonna sell bj, deki and richi although they cost £150Mish. Even if we did try to sell any of them we are never getting any near what we paid. Will be huge losses all round.

We need to be very careful when picking up young potential especially based on International performances. Does anyone remember Damsgaard? Tore it up for Denmark, courted by many a top side only to eventually move to Brentford for €15m, where he’s either been injured or done bugger all.

Nusa’s stood out for Norway, outperforming quality players like Odegaard and Haaland but at club levels he’s only a bench warmer at the mo for an average Belgian side.

Remember the last prodigy we were linked with in Belgium? Orban… done bugger all this season before moving to relegation fodder Lyon for less than half his club wanted in the summer.

Granted not all promising youngsters will play in competitive leagues but I would much rather go for another Udogie… a player who was tearing it up in Italy than look to purchase high risk players with over inflated fees in Mickey Mouse leagues.

Is something confusing? I'm citing an example in direct response to your point.

Let's move the debate on now anyway, but it's funny to see the lack of nuance once again when assessing who to trust.

Pretty fucking obvious to anyone without a weird agenda against the bloke that Romano gets it right far more often than not and is almost always worth listening to.

Like I said Ange talked with him, we would push on with talks if we had no indication that he would join us.

You know it's plausible the scenario was similar to this:

- We contacted Brugge about the availability of Nusa.
- Nusa interested in joining the club.
- We sit down with Brugge to discuss the situation. Schedule further talks
- We are in constant dialogue with Nusa's agency.
- It's made clear by Nusa's agency that he wants reassurance over game time
- We can't reassure him over that
- We nixe further talks with Brugge as us and Nusa can't come to an agreement on playing time and his development.
- In the mean time, his agency have been talking to other clubs as you do due to his availability and Brentford are one of the ones who can offer money, but also reassure.

Romano never confirmed further talks took place. Just that further talks were planned. Sounds to me, from reports as well as POK that we didn't go and meet with Brugge again. Likely due to agent discussions.

Time is a loan , manor a freebie and Gil but can’t see much income for those 2 if any. We ain’t gonna sell bj, deki and richi although they cost £150Mish. Even if we did try to sell any of them we are never getting any near what we paid. Will be huge losses all round.
I'd keep BJ Deki and Richi, sell Gil and Solomon. Werner... let's wait and see.

I'd like for us to look at Nico Williams and Pedro Neto.

No thanks, I don't want shit last minute signings, we had plenty of time to plan and do it properly.
You’ve no idea if we’ve been working on a plan B ( or C or D). Werner came out of apparently nowhere. Just because social media ITKs haven’t discussed other deals doesn’t mean that they’re not being worked.
FWIW, I don’t think we’ll do anything more in terms of incoming but bringing in a young prospect on spec wouldn’t surprise me. I’m pretty sure it wouldn’t be a ‘panic buy’ after failing to get Nusa.

City showed is what football is. Much as we wanted to be on the front foot, we couldn't. We were outclassed.

We don't have the players good enough to win a league.

We are not buying players good enough to win the league in the next 3 years.

What happens in the next 3 years ADV will have Real Madrid, City and those willing to invest, knocking at his door. Levy will sell at an inflated price because he knows he'll loose his assets for nothing and he won't be willing to pay the salary the players demands.

Players use Spurs as a stepping stone and Levy is happy with that because he gets richer and good young players will always come our way in order to make a name.

Don't expect to see Romero, Udogie, Sarr, VDV, Porro, Dragusin, Bentancur and Vicario all there in 4 years time. You'll probably still have Skipp, Davies, Richarlison, Kulusevski, Johnson, Werner, Solomon, Bissouma and Emerson around.

Ange won't win a league at Spurs. He'll be off after he gets fed up of how our transfers work. Liverpool has been his dream and rumours are rife that his dream may be available as soon as next year.
Jesus Christ, what an absolute load of bollocks. Get a grip will you!

We lost a match to the team that won everything last year, probably best in Europe and the world. Yes they had Haaland out and a returning De Bruyne but had 20 mins from a very out of practice Maddison, no Sarr or Bissouma who would have given our midfield a very different dynamic.

City are currently on another level to us, we are striving for that.

We also lost out on the signature of a very good 18 year old who until last week I'd never heard of (not that that says anything about him as I don't follow other leagues or play FM). But if as reported Brentford guaranteed him playing time and he thinks that for the best then fair enough - he is not the only talented youngster out there.

Don't believe everything you read online about transfers or the club, take it with a pinch of salt as its probably made up by some kid/wannabe journalist/ITK.

I've only ever ignored one person on here before - some plum I can't remember and you can go join him as I cannot stand the doom laden gumpf you spout.

At the end of the day there is no way any bis club can guarantee any 18 year old game time, he would need to come in and prove to the manager he is worthy of game time. He isn’t even getting a start where he is

Is something confusing? I'm citing an example in direct response to your point.

Let's move the debate on now anyway, but it's funny to see the lack of nuance once again when assessing who to trust.

There's no lack of nuance involved..... It just seems to offend you (to whatever extent) that people don't respect your chosen trf rumour-mill guru(s).

..........As always, the diff. between us is that you deem certain individuals trustworthy; whereas I just take a more holistic view and try to gauge the overall noise. There is no individuals that I "trust"; but you're not prepared to recognise that.

Back
Top Bottom