January Transfer Thread 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If we don't someone else will - we should worry about ourselves first and foremost

People saying we are helping Chelsea's FFP problem are just wilfully missing the point, of they don't sell to us they'll sell to someone else...Gallagher is an asset because he's home grown and an England intl and a good player to boot.

Has anyone asked the simple question of "Who does Gallagher replace in our best XI?"

I don't want the bun wearing cunt, but not every single purchase needs to slot straight into our best XI. Hell, our best XI may not even be the same group of players depending on the opponent.

Again with the negative spin. Have some cereal and an irish coffee and liven yourself up.

No, they weren't trolling. They tried to hijack and we came all over their face and made them drink it.
Ice T No GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Has anyone asked the simple question of "Who does Gallagher replace in our best XI?"

I don't want the bun wearing cunt, but not every single purchase needs to slot straight into our best XI. Hell, our best XI may not even be the same group of players depending on the opponent.

We don't play with a 'Best 11'. Ange likes to use all 5 subs in a game; so realistically it is our best 16.

He's just 18 with very limited playing experience in an inferior league, so not sure we'd want to pay 25m up front - more like 15m and then 10 or 15 in add ons, so 25m to 30m in total.

Similarish fee to Hackney and Wharton.
No way Hackney and Wharton are allowed to leave for that low a price.

Same goes for LB tbh.

Emerson for RB, or Davies and Emerson for LB. Both are quite serviceable defensively, they don’t offer anywhere near the same going forward as Porro and Udogie
Aye. Not sure if we have any links to potential incomings in that regards. I gather Kelly can play LB if needed.

Having said that, I do appreciate that there's only so much that can be fixed/improved per window, and it's not our biggest need for the run-in with no Europe to contend with.

Aye. Not sure if we have any links to potential incomings in that regards. I gather Kelly can play LB if needed.

Having said that, I do appreciate that there's only so much that can be fixed/improved per window, and it's not our biggest need for the run-in with no Europe to contend with.
Yea, agree, we've had far greater issues than LB and RB

Emerson has been quite active going forward when he has played LB and RB
Fair. I should've said he's just not as productive as the two starters.

Gallagher seems like a good competition for the Sarr box to box role. Has always seemed an odd and unlikely transfer to happen though. Probably other things I’d rather spend the money on but English, HG, I get it. If Ange likes him then I’ll have faith he’ll be worth it.

But we removed Lloris and Dier's wages. Plus he wouldn't come in without PEH leaving anyway.

Finances won't be the issue.

It could well be the case that he's told Levy that Skippy and PEH aren't the right profile and GLC is too unreliable so I need one more midfield option.

Gallagher would cook in this system.
He’s def decided PEH and Skipp don’t do what he needs.

I think he was hot on Gallagher in the summer before he saw what he has in Sarr.

I really don’t see what Gallagher does that cooks anymore than a bunch of players that we could get for less without helping chavski get back to spending aggressively

Back
Top Bottom