January Transfer Thread 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just need to get rid of these players now replace them with some real quality and I think we really can be competitive in all competitions.
Riguilon
Sessenghon
N’dombele
Tanganga

View: https://x.com/Lilywhite_Rose/status/1745530958034374911?s=20

Possibly time to consider contract extensions for Son, Bentancur, Bissouma and Royal, probably allow anyone else with contracts ending in 2024 and 2025 to leave at end of their contracts - unless we sell them in the summer.

Only two players I'm unsure about are Austin and Whiteman - will we want to keep one or both as Club trained probably with one going out on loan and other retained as 3rd GK.

If they pick up all his wages (which I assume is going to be the case) then the difference between a transfer fee and even a free loan isn’t likely to be more than a couple of million. If we get a loan fee then it’s probably semantics. Loan or transfer, he’s played his last game.
What's the option all about? He's on A free but we'll take the option to pay???

I was wondering the same thing
Would obviously be worth picking up with a loan + obligation but I can’t see how it works with a loan + option.
Loan with an obligation is still odd. He's out of contract why would they pay us anything if they want to keep him? Maybe its an option for dier (+1) rather than us.

An option when he's on a free? Do we have a+1 on him

Odd

I'm guessing its a last minute change by Bayern to change it to a 'try before you incur much of a transfer fee'

In the grand scheme of things doesn't matter as he was leaving on a free at end of season. The Bayern change might reduce fee by a million or two , thats all.

Meanwhile with Lloris (£100k pw) and Dier (£75m pw) gone we are £175k pw better off for next 6 months

Back
Top Bottom