January Transfer Thread 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Best depth and potentially best overall quality in midfield i can recall us having
Agreed, depth in both attacking and defensive midfield.

Why I'm not too concerned about losing Hojbjerg and needing to replace him with Gallagher... frankly I'd take all 6 I listed above over him.

Our attack is also very well stocked, but only one goalscorer:
Son Johnson Richarlison Werner Kulusevski Solomon Gil

Can't understand how people are actually accepting Werner as a trade off to what we should be getting. Leipzig is putting him out on loan, Leipzig! That should tell you something.

We are accepting mediocre, "Get out jail free Cards".

Given Excellent 3 players,

1) A CDM that can run with the ball and pass accurately (eg. Matteo Guendouzi)

2) A STR that can hold up the ball and play a No 10 role if need be (eg. Ivan Toney)

3) A CB, left footed, that can cover our LB (eg Nathan Ake)

We could be challenging for the league. Take the Kane 100 million add a few Kwid and we could league title contenders. Instead we are Haggling over 5 million.

Another Levy Masterclass and Some Fans seems to be excited. They complain about Richie, who has scored 5 in his last six but they can't wait for Timo Werner who 4 years back was a sensation in Germany and total flop thereafter. Levy is seeing STR for loan and possibly 14 million option to buy pricetag.

We sold Kane. Took his money and invested It in our property. Now we are lay-buying Timo Werner who couldnt even make a Leipzig starting eleven.

So much for being 6 points off the top and trying to actually win the League.

Opinions are like arseholes, I guess.

And yours is full of shit.

Matteo Guendouzi ffs 😂

Agree to disagree.

Always.... It is what it is.

I just reject the notion that I got "personal" with you.... That's not true.

The classic forum edict: "Attack the post; not the poster".... I didn't stray form that principal... In a debate, "you" are your argument and I believe yours to have been "all over the place at times"... It's perfectly reasonable to point out inconsistency and 'goal post' moving or call out a false claim for what it is.

Can't understand how people are actually accepting Werner as a trade off to what we should be getting. Leipzig is putting him out on loan, Leipzig! That should tell you something.

We are accepting mediocre, "Get out jail free Cards".

Given Excellent 3 players,

1) A CDM that can run with the ball and pass accurately (eg. Matteo Guendouzi)

2) A STR that can hold up the ball and play a No 10 role if need be (eg. Ivan Toney)

3) A CB, left footed, that can cover our LB (eg Nathan Ake)

We could be challenging for the league. Take the Kane 100 million add a few Kwid and we could league title contenders. Instead we are Haggling over 5 million.

Another Levy Masterclass and Some Fans seems to be excited. They complain about Richie, who has scored 5 in his last six but they can't wait for Timo Werner who 4 years back was a sensation in Germany and total flop thereafter. Levy is seeing STR for loan and possibly 14 million option to buy pricetag.

We sold Kane. Took his money and invested It in our property. Now we are lay-buying Timo Werner who couldnt even make a Leipzig starting eleven.

So much for being 6 points off the top and trying to actually win the League.

Always the same people 😆

If there’s one person you’d never want to mess with, it’s Ange

GOAL_-_Blank_WEB_-_Facebook_-_2023-12-31T182401.029.jpg

If we wrap up Dragusin soon so he can train all week ahead of United, this would be an excellent window so far.

I'm actually not too concerned about midfield, as after AFCON, we should have 2 sets of quality midfielders (all of whom will get game time given likely injury problems):

Maddison Bentancur Sarr
Lo Celso Bissouma Kulusevski

Btw, fella...... I reckon GLC is on his way to proving you right..... Fucker just needs to stay fit now. 🤞

Amazing how you know Ange’s system and requirements more than the man himself.

So you truly believe Werner is currently better than Richie.

Stop Bullshitting.

Do you think if they offered Ange, Werner or Toney, he'd choose Werner? It's not that we can't afford a 50 million STR, so why are you OK with someone who is a gamble?

This is classic Levy. We bought Gil because he was the next Lionel Messi.
Richie because he was the next Mo Salah,
Ndombele because he was the next Dembele,
Lo Celso because he was cheaper than Fernandes but equally good.
Djed Spence because he was the next England RB.

Wake Up stop being a puppet. We are getting a second rated player.

Literally nobody knows if he really wants this or not.
I've seen so many comments that he has the final say but I've no faith in that being true.

This reeks to me of opportunity knocked. At best Ange probably said "yeah, alright mate I'll him a go, maybe"
Has anything Ange has said or done really lead you to believe that he's the type of manager to have a signing put to him and be like, "yeah sure mate, whatever, I guess so, if you like..."? Maybe think that through again.

Ange has been very clear that the playing squad is the area he has complete control. He's been insistent on that at all his clubs.

Agreed, depth in both attacking and defensive midfield.

Why I'm not too concerned about losing Hojbjerg and needing to replace him with Gallagher... frankly I'd take all 6 I listed above over him.

Our attack is also very well stocked, but only one goalscorer:
Son Johnson Richarlison Werner Kulusevski Solomon Gil

Understand the angst on goalscorers but :

Maddison is good for 10-15 goals plus a lot of assists
Bentancur got 5 and Hojbjerg similar lasty season - so our CM's other than Maddison I'd pencil in for another 10 - 15 on top of Madison

Son - could well be 20+
Richarlison circa 15 (on 5 in last 5 already)
Johnson/Werner/Kulusevski jointly another 10-15

Even defenders will chip in with a few, as they have done already

We've scored 42 goals in 20 PL matches so far or 2 per match, so no reason noy to expect us getting close to 76 gals in 28 matches, which should certainly get us into top 4 type territory

Has anything Ange has said or done really lead you to believe that he's the type of manager to have a signing put to him and be like, "yeah sure mate, whatever, I guess so, if you like..."? Maybe think that through again.

Ange has been very clear that the playing squad is the area he has complete control. He's been insistent on that at all his clubs.
I don't think he's a wuss, but he's only been here 5 minutes and hasn't had a chance to be shafted like, you know literally every other manager we've had under Levy.

So you truly believe Werner is currently better than Richie.

Stop Bullshitting.

Do you think if they offered Ange, Werner or Toney, he'd choose Werner? It's not that we can't afford a 50 million STR, so why are you OK with someone who is a gamble?

This is classic Levy. We bought Gil because he was the next Lionel Messi.
Richie because he was the next Mo Salah,
Ndombele because he was the next Dembele,
Lo Celso because he was cheaper than Fernandes but equally good.
Djed Spence because he was the next England RB.

Wake Up stop being a puppet. We are getting a second rated player.
There's so much to love about this, but in terms of favourite bits I can't decide if it's Gil being declared the next Messi or "Richie" to be the next Salah. The fact that what you wrote after wasn't entirely sensational makes me think that you think the former comments actually happened somewhere. Which is just great

We have 6 better midfielders than Guendozi, he wouldn't even make our bench if our squad was fully fit.

Have watched Guendouzi lately? Didn't think so. Dont suggest him because he is better than anyone but because our only similar player is Bentancur, who doesn't have half decent cover. He can also fill in anywhere in the midfield if needed.

And please don't mention PEH, Skipp or Bissouma as cover. We've seen how well Ange's system works with them.

Yesterday we had so many moaning about how boring we were, I wonder why.

Then again, I wouldn't expect much fromyou Guys that get a Hard-on for every Levy , "Masterclass".

Back
Top Bottom