January Transfer Thread 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Those bemoaning a lack of players cannot realistically have expected us to be so ravaged or indeed to ne effed-up by Romero's continued indidcipine.

Yesterday we lost because of a wonder goal and a midfielder (Lemina) who was better than our own. Defensively we stood up in truth and had withstood the barrage.

Whether it's January or next summer we need a striker, a quality midfielder, better than Bissouma, Sarr and Hjojberg and a central defender.

But yesterday we lost, more because our midfield and attack were not good enough, than anything our defence failed to do in my opinion.

A wonder goal and a slightly scuffed one are nearly impossible to stop, but a 2 goal lead would have made that unlikely to have happened.

I think November and December will be a struggle, and think we are now going to see our real level.
Selling Bissouma and Sarr is a stupid move need to sell holjberg and glc and buy another 10. Dier needs to be sold and replaced and buy another cb. Sell Ryan and buy another lb. I'm willing to give the frontline another go next summer especially if veliz or richy start showing production.

I'd be looking to add more than get rid of any first. Would be good if we could get another CB, creative midfielder, striker in and then weigh up the options for who to let go. I'm not that worried with a lot of the back up players, they can easily do a job, but I do feel like we need an extra 2 or 3 players who will really push for starting positions, as most of the side looks like it picks itself now and the back ups know they won't force their way in and this doesn't help keep some of the first 11 on their toes maybe.

GK
RB
2 CBs
LB
2 CMs
AM
LW
ST
RW

Piece of piss... January shouldn't be a factor either.... And don't leave any of it until the last week either, baldy.

Shrugs GIF

GK
RB
2 CBs
LB
2 CMs
AM
LW
ST
RW

Piece of piss... January shouldn't be a factor either.... And don't leave any of it until the last week either, baldy
Unrealistic imo

We'll have to pay the Romero , Kulusevski & Porro fees in January

You really need to get over your fascination with spending ol' fixxy

Radu Dragusin 03 February, 2002 (21 years-old) from Bucharest, Romania.

Pros:
Youthful appearance belies centuries of experience.
Big-match player perfectly suited for European nights (but only nights)
No cards/suspensions (persuasive: 100% charisma rating)
No injury concerns (immortal)

Cons:
No early kickoffs (daylight)
Underperforms against farmers (garlic)
Potential doping irregularities (sucks blood... like Ndombele sucks down Milk-shakes).

Last edited:
For me it's important that we get rid of the hopeless players, that aren't good enough to start or replace starters and are too old to be seen as talents that can be cultivated and get starts or sold for lots of money.

These players are as far as I see it:

- Dier
- Højbjerg
- Lo Celso
-Richarlison

Players that can accept sitting on the bench and come in when called for, I think we can keep:

- Davies

Players that aren't good enough and still young enough to be able to sell, that we need to get rid of:

- Gil
- Royal

Plus, we need to sell the dross out on lone.

What we need to buy.

If Phillips and Dorrington aren't seen as good enough on the bench and some game time we need one CB.

We also need one talanted young playmaker, a young player in Maddison, Eriksen mold, that can get minutes when Maddison is tired or injured. Can Donley be that player this spring?

Finally, is Veliz good enough to come in if Son gets injured during this national break and we are missing Richarlison already?

I think Veliz needs minutes and I'm not sure how he can get them.

Veliz needs a loan.

He’s not looked ready at all.

Don’t really understand the signing unless he’s out on loan.

Lemina will go to a bigger club. Good player.

We could do worse.
tgGqlUj.png

tDFhvrz.png

Was gonna type, "Submitted without comment/critique", but that's trite. ✌️

26th U.S. President, Theodore "Teddy" Roosevelt is attributed to the expression, "comparison is the thief of joy."

Expectations ≠ 'realities', and perspectives often change.

Back
Top Bottom