January 2023 Transfer Thread. The Big One

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

where does a winger fit into Conte's system? We have Gil sitting on the bench who already can't get a game because he doesn't fit Conte's system.

There are so many positions we needed to fill before this, we have players in our first team that need replacing and we are bringing in wingers? Makes zero sense.

We need a replacement for Lloris, a replacement for Dier, a replacement for Davies. Replacements for all 4 of our wing backs before worrying about a winger.

This is just a typical Levy signing to appease the fans
Conte literay said we need a direct player that can dribble the other day.

sometimes you have to be realistic. We are not getting a CB or goalie this window.

Pah, what does Van Gaal know? Or the Villareal manager? I'd rather the opinion of people on here desperate for any signing whatsoever. Look if its a loan then ok, but its just another alright player as a short term fix. I hope i'm wrong and he is superb.
I think you've mistaken me, I'm not happy clapping this transfer, it's leaving me with a similar feeling to when our months long manager search culminated in this guy...

:nunothumb:

That list of absolute shite was taken to a World Cup over him, so I imagine that Joomer ain't all that.

It's underwhelming, but let's be honest Deki and Bentancur were both written off on here. Deki especially after his first appearance.

If Parataci and Conte have sat down and decided this guy might be an answer I'm all for it.

If Baldy just wanted to kick Everton while they're down then actually it's quite funny but he better have something else up the sleeve.

Conte literay said we need a direct player that can dribble the other day.
ok so where does he start then? ahead of Kulu? Son?

I don't know how many times I have to say it before it sinks in, but we have players that start every week that need replacing and we are doing Loan deals for squad players.

This is exactly the kind of scattergun directionless business that has us where we are.

Did you learn nothing from Bergwijn, Gedson, Gil, Nkoudou, N'jie?

All virtually carbon copies of this signing

4D chess from Levy.

- Nab Evertons player with 1 week of window left
- Everton have no choice but to recall Dele
- Dele plays the rest of the season for Everton
- Everton have to pay us 40m as in Dele's clause for appearances.

The guy is a genius.

Decent player. Strategically makes sense not to splash the cash for him immediately with Conte’s future in doubt. Hard to get excited about it, but important to get some depth if they’re going to have a go at the FA cup/CL.

Back
Top Bottom