January 2023 Transfer Thread. The Big One

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Danjuma definitely seems like another shotgun approach signing.

But considering all the stuff going on right now around our guy that is supposed to handle the longterm strategy I guess shotgunning it makes sense right now.

I think its a good strategy to trust somebody elses scouts, particularly when your own are so shit.

But then I saw it was Everton.....
Frustrated Jason Segel GIF by NETFLIX

Very much a scatter gun approach we have adopted with not much planning involved.

That being said, Danjuma actually has some of the attributes we need (more then Zaniolo anyway). Decent Pace and dribbling and direct. I'm good with this signing.

How good is he?

Great little footballer.

Can play LW or CF. Explosive and quick. Has that lovely burst of pace that can beat a player and strikes the ball very well. Crucial in getting Villarreal to the CL semi final last season. Injured at times this season and not in new managers plans so hasnt played too much.

I imagine anyone disheartened by this were the same who were disheartened by signing bargain bin Kulusevski and Bentancur last season. Or has never actually seen him play. Or were expecting Rafael Leao and Lionel Messi. Maybe we should have gone for Weghorst on loan instead?

Much better than Son on his current form. Would love to get him in by Preston.

Danjuma, Porro and a CB would be an excellent transfer window. But I don't think we've even been linked with a single CB, annoyingly.

Fuck me lads, he's only gone and done it again, we all doubted him, 24 days of nothing, edging and edging and then edging some more, and then just when we all thought our transfer balls would remain blue ad infinitum, BOOM!

Dan Joomer on loan!

Fuck me, how did we ever doubt him???

:levylol:

Back
Top Bottom