January 2020 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to Scouts in Attendance ( a twitter acc tracking football scouts), we are looking at the following players.

Agustin Almendra, 19 year old central midfielder for Boca.
Adolfo Gaich, 19 year old center forward for San Lorenzo.
Agustin Urzi, 19 year old left winger for Banfield.

So we're looking at a bunch of young, moldable Argentinian prospects if this is legit.
Defenders throughout the country shite themselves at the prospect.

Definitely want Berge, but I am not convinced he would be a great short term option. Would not be surprised if it took him some time to get up to speed. May be great for next season and beyond, but could struggle initially.

I only watched a YouTube video. He had a good first touch and seems to take up good positions in front of goal.

As with Alli, the best players develop their weaker foot. If havertz can do this he will be better than Alli
I honestly can't tell if you're serious or not.

I would prefer the Toulouse CM Sangare to Berge at this point, would be very happy with either. Sangare is so physical and is really well rounded, think he’s made for the Prem tbh. Think he could be an excellent DM in the right system.

According to Scouts in Attendance ( a twitter acc tracking football scouts), we are looking at the following players.

Agustin Almendra, 19 year old central midfielder for Boca.
Adolfo Gaich, 19 year old center forward for San Lorenzo.
Agustin Urzi, 19 year old left winger for Banfield.

So we're looking at a bunch of young, moldable Argentinian prospects if this is legit.
I've done me scouting on these fellas and Urzi and Almendra do nothing for me.
It's the big striker Gaich they're looking at. He's 6' 4'' and getting on for 16 stone.
A quicker and younger version of Llorente. They call him the tank.

Over the next couple of Windows:

Lloris - keep but I wouldn't be against selling
Gazzaniga - keep
Aurier - sell
Walker-Peters - sell (he ain't getting a look in so what's the point?)
Rose - sell
Davies - keep but I'm not against selling if the right offer comes in
Alderweireld - he'll move on
Vertonghen - give him another 1 year deal, it's too risky not to
Sanchez - give him 1 more season, if he doesnt improve significantly sell
Foyth - keep
Wanyama - sell
Sissoko - keep but only as backup
Dier - keep but open to selling if Right offer comes in. Should only be backup
Winks - keep but should only be rotation
Ndombele - keep
Lo Celso - keep
Eriksen - he'll move on
Dele - keep but at present he's only a backup player, poor fall from grace
Son - keep
Lucas - keep
Lamela - sell
Sessegnon - keep
Kane - keep

I make that 7 players I would definitely sell/move on (Aurier, Walker-Peters, Rose, Alderweireld, Wanyama, Eriksen, Lamela), 4 that I would be open to letting go of if good offers came in for them - (Lloris, Davies, Sanchez, Dier) & 11 I would keep for first XI and squad level depth and quality.

11 on my hit list, 11 that are somewhat safe. Any surprise really that we are so inconsistent with a squad split half way down the middle in good enough and not good enough? The biggest issue is how many defensive players fall into the move on/ sell side of things. 9 of our defensive players are on my so so list, they simply haven the performed to levels that the other good players in our squad aspire to be playing in. If we don't lose the shit, we will inevitably lose the quality.

Heard some chairman a while back being interviewed. Might have been Ed Woodward.

He said these days it was so much easier to buy players for a big premier league team than it was to sell them. Great wages and huge bonuses make shifting deadwood nigh on impossible.

A quick glance at the dreck the top six teams have on their books is proof of this. Even for us, Rose, Aurier, Toby, Eriksen were all available in the summer. Not even a nibble. We are going to see more of this in the coming years I’d suggest.

Heard some chairman a while back being interviewed. Might have been Ed Woodward.

He said these days it was so much easier to buy players for a big premier league team than it was to sell them. Great wages and huge bonuses make shifting deadwood nigh on impossible.

A quick glance at the dreck the top six teams have on their books is proof of this. Even for us, Rose, Aurier, Toby, Eriksen were all available in the summer. Not even a nibble. We are going to see more of this in the coming years I’d suggest.

Indeed, hence why the club should get praised far more for being stringent with their wages and outlay. Everton are a great example as are West Ham. Look at some of the shit those lot have had over the years that hey haven't been able to budge.

I think our issues are more with driving a hard bargain on fees than it is shipping our deadwood off. I'm pretty sure 9/10s of our squad could get better wages elsewhere and that there's only a couple that we overpay for to the point where other teams wouldn't touch them with a long stick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom