January 2020 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keeper wise Pau Lopez knows the club and is very good now.

We'll know how good Gazz is in the next few months. Though I suspect he's not number 1 quality.
Hes not. Hes a Tony Parks. Looked great as a stand in, even for extended runs when on injury cover, but was never a first choice. All my opinion, of course

So Ole Gunnar gets the boot, Poch takes the ManU sticks, Allegri joins Spurs. Eriksen goes with Poch to ManU in Jan as part of a deal where Pogba comes to re-join Allegri at Spurs. Probably not.

And this could be part of the problem.

Never helps when a foreign manager comes in and trusts his countrymen over all others.

I don't think that's what is happening. Maybe they've identified one or two talents who need further inspection. We have signed players from many countries under Poch, look at the summer one Frenchman, one Argie and two English youngsters

Also Poch has told Hitchin to bring back a few big bags of Mate. Why not:pochsmirk:

According to Scouts in Attendance ( a twitter acc tracking football scouts), we are looking at the following players.

Agustin Almendra, 19 year old central midfielder for Boca.
Adolfo Gaich, 19 year old center forward for San Lorenzo.
Agustin Urzi, 19 year old left winger for Banfield.

So we're looking at a bunch of young, moldable Argentinian prospects if this is legit.

According to Scouts in Attendance ( a twitter acc tracking football scouts), we are looking at the following players.

Agustin Almendra, 19 year old central midfielder for Boca.
Adolfo Gaich, 19 year old center forward for San Lorenzo.
Agustin Urzi, 19 year old left winger for Banfield.

So we're looking at a bunch of young, moldable Argentinian prospects if this is legit.

Heads to SoFifa to check potential ratings

I just don't see us spending much in January. I bet we will get 1 Lucasesque signing, an unwanted central or right defender from another big club because no good regulars are ever really sold mid season.

If we'd wanted to buy key players for this season we would and should have done so in the summer window, thinking Levy and Poch are gonna panic and "realize their mistake" is a fantasy imo.

We’ll get one signing in and try to flog Toby, Aurier or Eriksen because Levy will be cutting himself thinking about the free transfer losses we will incur in the summer. Then in the summer we will lose most of our old spine and it's make or break to be honest - major coup signings will be required in attack, midfield and defence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom