January 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I’d love Callum Wilson.

If he stays fit between now and January I think he’ll score quite a few.

So would I - I first had him on a 'Buy list' about 3 or 4 years ago. But think he's only been played as a striker rather than as a striker/Attacking midfield player which means he'd only play when Kane doesn't.

So no great incentive for him to join - unless he's happy to play sometimes as an AM

So would I - I first had him on a 'Buy list' about 3 or 4 years ago. But think he's only been played as a striker rather than as a striker/Attacking midfield player which means he'd only play when Kane doesn't.

So no great incentive for him to join - unless he's happy to play sometimes as an AM

I think he’d join. He’d get the chance to play amongst top internationals, Champions League football, new stadium and for one of Europe’s best managers.

Adrien Rabiot? Free agent June 2019.
What’s this boards obesession with rabiot? He’s a good player but brings way too many drama as someone who follows the French league and the NT. If he comes here I can’t see him staying long and could see him leave for a bigger wage.
Marchisio just ended his contract with Juve.

Cheeky free? :levyeyes::pochlol:
Nothing like bringing on an old and injured midfielder with surely high wages.

Kieran Tierney would be a smart acquisition IMO
Can play all three in the back. Would be a good signing and depth.

I’d love Callum Wilson.

If he stays fit between now and January I think he’ll score quite a few.
:avbfu:

If I was Levy id be ram raiding Barcelonas fringe midfield surplus next summer. Must have a dozen midfielders on their books if they get Rabiot in

Got your eye on anyone?

Gomez links spring to mind, but I got the impression from our resident experts that he's a bit meh....

Certainly didn't catch the eye against half a field of kids during pre-season.

Got your eye on anyone?

Gomez links spring to mind, but I got the impression from our resident experts that he's a bit meh....

Certainly didn't catch the eye against half a field of kids during pre-season.

Whenever I've seen him I've always liked the look of Denis Suarez & if that Riqui Puig doesn't get much game time I'd sweet talk him into getting restless as well. A lot of good talent in the centre of the park that might go to waste with them signing Vidal & Rabiot etc. I'd happily take one of those off their hands

They signed Arthur this summer as well + they have Rafinha on their books. Got about 10 players that can play in the centre of the park. Crazy depth

Last edited:
Would be an excellent signing at £30m. If we can get him for under 20m then we should go for it.

Tottenham news: Spurs consider bid for cash-strapped Celtic's Kieran Tierney
Agreed. Now if Levy can perhaps see the value in not lowballing the selling club to an unreasonable degree...

856.gif

Honestly I hope the Grealish ship has sailed. We can do much better.
I don't think it's a quality issue, but rather Aston Villa's new ownership steadying the ship and seeing that holding onto him is a good way to keep the fans on side.

The only chance we'd have of getting him is if they don't get promoted (again), in which case it's a bit of a catch 22 because he'll either improve and be on the radar of other clubs, or have stagnated for a year.

Not a chance they let him go in January if they're still in with a sniff of promotion.

Back
Top Bottom