January 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

There will also be players at other big clubs that have fallen to the wayside looking for a move. Lucas was a prime example last winter

Excellent point. The January window could start to become an important one for players that felt the effect of what their clubs did in the summer or players that didn't live up to the hype early on. Well worth keeping our eye on a whole host of players across Europe if we can nab another Lucas or a promising youngster in the form of a Dele type deal

There will also be players at other big clubs that have fallen to the wayside looking for a move. Lucas was a prime example last winter
I honestly am not convinced that buying in January isn't part of #BRAVE. Poch doesn't just toss new signings into the fire and buying in January, at least on the surface seems to offer more value. That gives whoever the new signings may be a full 6 months to bed in with the squad.

I honestly am not convinced that buying in January isn't part of #BRAVE. Poch doesn't just toss new signings into the fire and buying in January, at least on the surface seems to offer more value. That gives whoever the new signings may be a full 6 months to bed in with the squad.
He said something of that effect in January. You buy players in January looking for a new club for some reason and you give them the latter half of the season to get settled in with the club.

Could make up for not signing as many players during the summer.

Adrien Rabiot? Free agent June 2019.

Rabiot on a free, Grealish & Sessegnon signed with one year left on their existing deals at their current clubs and we say adios to Llorente, Nkoudou, Janssen, Dembele, Toby, Rose & hopefully Sissoko.

Things wouldn't look too bad then would they. Promote one or two from the youth team and go and unearth another Foyth like gem to integrate into the team and HG quotas, squad quality and average age of the key players all comes into play. If only

Serious question, why can't Premier League clubs adopt a more German approach to the transfer market. Get the transfers done quietly behind the scenes during the season and then the transfer becomes permanent when the window opens? Similar to the Naby Keita transfer from Leipzig to Liverpool. Seems like this happens quite frequently in the German league.

Serious question, why can't Premier League clubs adopt a more German approach to the transfer market. Get the transfers done quietly behind the scenes during the season and then the transfer becomes permanent when the window opens? Similar to the Naby Keita transfer from Leipzig to Liverpool. Seems like this happens quite frequently in the German league.

Because the media in this country are the worst in the world. Corrupt, greedy, sources inside clubs that get back handlers for leaking info & agents is them to drum up competition amongst teams rivals. It's a different ball game in this country mate, that's why we have pretty much the same transfer record as the top team in Germany yet they have a higher quality of player in their ranks. Less competition = easier goings on. Money has made our market mental. I doubt there is another country where th transfer window is more manic and last minute deals on deadline day are pushed through

Because the media in this country are the worst in the world. Corrupt, greedy, sources inside clubs that get back handlers for leaking info & agents is them to drum up competition amongst teams rivals. It's a different ball game in this country mate, that's why we have pretty much the same transfer record as the top team in Germany yet they have a higher quality of player in their ranks. Less competition = easier goings on. Money has made our market mental. I doubt there is another country where th transfer window is more manic and last minute deals on deadline day are pushed through

Makes sense, I bring up the point because there are a lot of reports saying Milinkovic-Savic is going to Milan for €40m. Reasonable price for a top talent. Offer more for a permanent deal to be completed in January. He’s at Lazio so wages shouldn’t be a problem. Wishful thinking though.

€40m for Sergej Milinković-Savić?

"I do not push to sell him but if you ask me how much he is worth then I remember that last year, August 29, I refused a €110 million offer." said Lazio president Claudio Lotito.

That was about a week ago I think? 8th of August the link says. He's dropped €70m off the price, I wonder whether that's because the gluttony league's window is now closed?

"As reported by venerable Italian financial newspaper Il Sole 24 Ore, Milan have struck a €40 million deal with their Roman rivals that will see Milinkovic-Savic move to the San Siro on a season-long loan with an option to buy."

This was 2 days ago.

€40m for Sergej Milinković-Savić?

"I do not push to sell him but if you ask me how much he is worth then I remember that last year, August 29, I refused a €110 million offer." said Lazio president Claudio Lotito.

That was about a week ago I think? 8th of August the link says. He's dropped €70m off the price, I wonder whether that's because the gluttony league's window is now closed?

"As reported by venerable Italian financial newspaper Il Sole 24 Ore, Milan have struck a €40 million deal with their Roman rivals that will see Milinkovic-Savic move to the San Siro on a season-long loan with an option to buy."

This was 2 days ago.

Maybe it's a 40m loan for the season with a further 60-70m next summer. I can't see that they've decided to flog to a rival for that when he was being linked with 100m+ moves

Back
Top Bottom