January 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Two things. Firstly Villa are in talks with Bolasie &a some winger from Lille, with a striker also on their radar for loan. They'll have 5 loans going into the rest of the season. Quite a lot and seems a little unfair. Anyone know the maximum loans you're allowed at any given time?

Also I've seen Man City have requested special dispensation regarding their Goalkeeper situation. Points docked for bending the rules a little or a petition going up about it? Na didn't think so

Two things. Firstly Villa are in talks with Bolasie &a some winger from Lille, with a striker also on their radar for loan. They'll have 5 loans going into the rest of the season. Quite a lot and seems a little unfair. Anyone know the maximum loans you're allowed at any given time?

Also I've seen Man City have requested special dispensation regarding their Goalkeeper situation. Points docked for bending the rules a little or a petition going up about it? Na didn't think so

Tbf, can't remember who but the 'emergency keeper' thing has been done in the past too tho I'd have expected the concession to be IF you're left with none; not 'just in case'.

I think a Championship club can have about 8 loanees (insanely high) but only 5 in the matchday squad, and only 4 can come from anyone club (of which a maximum of 2 over 21 or 23 - I forget which).

What's wrong with their GK's ?

As has been said they can ask about an emergency GK loan - but that's usually if the GK has been injured.

What's wrong with their GK's ?

As has been said they can ask about an emergency GK loan - but that's usually if the GK has been injured.

2nd & 3rd keep out injured. Shitting their pants the main guy gets injured too.

I respect the notion that GK is a unique position fitting of these kid of concessions, but until no-one is fit they'd be benefiting froma 'doped' ability to rotate which makes it no more pressing an issue than if your MF depth was somewhat depleted by injury.

May as well just say GKs don't count towards squad numbers and even the playing field.

Just Ederson & some youth player at the moment. They loaned their 3rd choice out in the summer & sold Angus Gunn & Joe Hart as well
2nd & 3rd keep out injured. Shitting their pants the main guy gets injured too.

I respect the notion that GK is a unique position fitting of these kid of concessions, but until no-one is fit they'd be benefiting from the ability to rotate which makes it not more pressing an issue that if your MF depth was somewhat depleted by injury.

May as well just say GKs don't count towards squad numbers and even the playing field.

Tricky one isn't it.

They've shot themselves in the foot by selling Hart and Gunn.

But they are now down to 2 GK's when most squads will have 3.

I'd really like the emergency GK rule to be restricted to (for example) and English u23 player - ie limited experience but might get experience.

Tricky one isn't it.

I'd really like the emergency GK rule to be restricted to (for example) and English u23 player - ie limited experience but might get experience.

Hart & Gunn are irrelevant.

They started the season with 3 + kids. They currently have 1 + 1.

Come back for your favour when you've got NONE.

Simple to me.

Tricky one isn't it.

A bit of talk floating about online about Keylor Navas being the emergency loan they are able to get. I thought the point of a 25 man squad is that you pick that squad based on a seasons worth of using them should form, bans, injuries etc happen.

Getting the Real Madrid number 1 from last season and multiple Champions League winner just seems a bit unfair when an injury should hinder you, not help you

Being City only amplifies the issue cos they'll like go out and blow 8 figures on their short term fix where 99.99% of the rest of the league would end up with someone in loan from Plymouth or some out of contract 40 y/o.

A bit of talk floating about online about Keylor Navas being the emergency loan they are able to get. I thought the point of a 25 man squad is that you pick that squad based on a seasons worth of using them should form, bans, injuries etc happen.

Getting the Real Madrid number 1 from last season and multiple Champions League winner just seems a bit unfair when an injury should hinder you, not help you

Exactly, they'll just use it as a chance to upgrade.

Back
Top Bottom