January 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Any thoughts on Maxi Lopez of Celta Vigo? The South American link might suit Poch, and Celta look to have acquired a replacement striker if needed. He's young, aggressive and has scored some key goals. A quick check suggests he was linked in the summer, but he'd cost £30-£40m I reckon.

Jarrod Bowen is a winger/ forward, in the vein of Son, you know the guy who you said can't play as a striker even though he's been playing there all season. You're clamoring for us to sign players you've never seen play, you know that thing you were literally accusing other posters of doing 2 weeks ago. How embarrassing , the guy that spends 90% of his time on this forum calling out anyone who believed we've ever needed signings ,is now trying the same thing with posters who think we would be better off singing a cm ,rather than a cover striker.

You just agreed with a post that said he’s a winger/striker

If we sign him on the back of Kane’s injury, do you think it’s because we want a winger? Or a striker?
How about if we go for Wilson?
You said you’d prefer to upgrade Trippier that sign a striker.

Let’s keep it football eh instead of throwing a hissy fit because you want to agree with the internet today....yesterday you thought it just dickhead Sammy who wanted a striker, so you went all out.

Now you’re supporting the idea of Bowen because he’s a “winger/forward” like Son.
But yesterday you thought is pointless to sign someone “for three weeks”.....so what happens when Son returns and Bowen is benched?

Is that ok now to you....you know, because he would be replacing Kane in your eyes.

Last edited:
I just think Malcom had a higher potential development ceiling than Moura.

I wouldn’t put too much stall in him not pulling up trees at Barca, hard for a 21yo especially with Messi playing in his preferred position.

Still rather risky though isn't it? Barcelona will want a significant chunk of the fee they paid back, if it doesn't work out we will be stuck with more deadwood.

If we sign him on the back of Kane’s injury, do you think it’s because we want a winger? Or a striker?
Yeah and in my post I said he's a winger/ striker in the vein of Son, the guy who is back in 3 games , who you were arguing with me yesterday isn't a striker even though he played there all season, and played there last season when kane was out.
So would you be happy to sign Bowen, a guy you've never seen play, who is a wide forward, not an "out an out striker" like you were saying we needed.
You're clueless , I stand by my opinion that CM is our priority, and if we were to spend 65 million on Wilson instead of a CM, I would be furious.

It's got us through 4 competitions so far. So I would hazard a guess at yes.

Pochettino thinks so. That's good enough for me.

Players being out injured doesn't equal lack in depth. It means people step up. Which they have.

So, what are your views now on this :D ?

Actually depth of the squad is exactly for the reason of injuries and tiredness. If it weren't then we would be in quite a decent position having just 11 players doing all the work.

But now with Sissoko being out + Dembele being sold and Kane out, this exact scenatio unfortunately realized. And we currently have max 6 players (Winks, Skipp, Eriksen, Alli, Lamela, Llorente) for midfield and attack combined. To be picked for min 5 spots. And you were advocating for selling of Llorente without whom we would have 5 players to minimally 5 positions.

Bad idea if you ask me.

Yeah and in my post I said he's a winger/ striker in the vein of Son, the guy who is back in 3 games , who you were arguing with me yesterday isn't a striker even though he played there all season, and played there last season when kane was out.
So would you be happy to sign Bowen, a guy you've never seen play, who is a wide forward, not an "out an out striker" like you were saying we needed.
You're clueless , I stand by my opinion that CM is our priority, and if we were to spend 65 million on Wilson instead of a CM, I would be furious.

I trust Poch so I dont need to see him play....if the club deems it worthy, I’ll applaud them.
Yes I want an out and out striker but I happily settle for a versatile goal scorer.
Why wouldn’t I?

Just like if we sign Wilson I’ll welcome him with open arms, back the Manager and Chairman and look forward to see what he can do for us, as opposed to dreading watching Llorente.

You can sit there seething all you want.....that’s your problem.
If we sign a CM, I’ll also support him and be happy.....why would I be angry that the club is replacing Dembele? Just because I think striker is priority, it doesn’t mean I’m going to be LIVID if we strengthen elsewhere when we can.

Let’s keep it football eh instead of throwing a hissy fit because you want to agree with the internet today....yesterday you thought it just dickhead Sammy who wanted a striker, so you went all out.

Now you’re supporting the idea of Bowen because he’s a “winger/forward” like Son.
But yesterday you thought is pointless to sign someone “for three weeks”.....so what happens when Son returns and Bowen is benched?

Is that on now to you....you know, because he would be replacing Kane in your eyes.
Fuck me, it's all about the points scoring with you, isn't it?

He's a promising prospect, is english/homegrown, and is flexible enough to play in multiple positions.

Regardless of what somebody whose opinion is irrelevant says (apologies Ginola92, no dig at you, but what we say or think has no bearing on what Poch or anyone else at the club thinks or does), those things could make him an attractive proposition for the club. You can see why there would be interest, and he may help us out in the current predicament.

Priority only if are talking for the team over the piece as opposed to now.

Whoever the manager is and moving forward we need or should I say will be best served by finding a new Dembele. The guy was an integral reason for our overall quality and resilience. Finding another will be very hard.

As good as City and Liverpool are now, not even they have a player who controls the middle of the park. Fernandinho covers it but does not control it like Dembele at his best.

Our priority right now is a striker. How you cannot see that defies rationale and logic.

And the reason in my opinion that we need an out and out striker is that we should not in any way be rushing Kane back and also because it's very clear that Kane could work very effectively in a 2 pronged attack.

He's a promising prospect, is english/homegrown, and is flexible enough to play in multiple positions.
Yeah, I’m up for it, no need to sell it to me....I’d love a striker, even if wiki says “/winger”

Regardless of what somebody whose opinion is irrelevant says (apologies Ginola92, no dig at you, but what we say or think has no bearing on what Poch or anyone else at the club thinks or does), those things could make him an attractive proposition for the club. You can see why there would be interest, and he may help us out in the current predicament.

What the fuck are you on about?
I’m the one who’s been calling for a goalscorer as priority.

Stroking ginola92s cock when he’s been arguing against everything you’ve just said about Bowen. Then he whacks on an agree and thinks he’s been all about strengthening the attack.

Priority only if are talking for the team over the piece as opposed to now.

Whoever the manager is and moving forward we need or should I say will be best served by finding a new Dembele. The guy was an integral reason for our overall quality and resilience. Finding another will be very hard.

As good as City and Liverpool are now, not even they have a player who controls the middle of the park. Fernandinho covers it but does not control it like Dembele at his best.

Our priority right now is a striker. How you cannot see that defies rationale and logic.

And the reason in my opinion that we need an out and out striker is that we should not in any way be rushing Kane back and also because it's very clear that Kane could work very effectively in a 2 pronged attack.

No it doesn't, it's my opinion that the 3 games Son will be away for are all winnable without him and Kane, we are down to our bare bones in cm, who do we have fit in that position? Winks and Skipp....

I trust Poch so I dont need to see him play....if the club deems it worthy, I’ll applaud them.
Yes I want an out and out striker but I happily settle for a versatile goal scorer.
Why wouldn’t I?

Just like if we sign Wilson I’ll welcome him with open arms, back the Manager and Chairman and look forward to see what he can do for us, as opposed to dreading watching Llorente.

You can sit there seething all you want.....that’s your problem.
If we sign a CM, I’ll also support him and be happy.....why would I be angry that the club is replacing Dembele? Just because I think striker is priority, it doesn’t mean I’m going to be LIVID if we strengthen elsewhere when we can.
Hahaha good way of covering all bases, you support the manager and chairman whatever they do, but in every post you are calling out pple who want a cm rather than a striker....You've been doing it for 3 days straight, even after literally having the debate with both me and totti, you know both our views on it, everyone knows your views.

Literally this, I've already had a 5 page debate with him on the topic, but he won't let it go, every other post he brings up "posters" who think we don't need a striker , he knows he's referring to me and totti, it's just embarrassing , I'm not changing my opinion.

Oh yay Samuel is online again.

tenor.gif

Hahaha good way of covering all bases, you support the manager and chairman whatever they do, but in every post you are calling out pple who want a cm rather than a striker....You've been doing it for 3 days straight, even after literally having the debate with both me and totti, you know both our views on it, everyone knows your views.

No....not CM...it was all about RB which you and Totti have tried to wriggle out of.
I mocked you for thinking RB was more important than a striker.
I just quoted you saying just that...so stop trying to change the angle because the weight of Kane’s injury has hit home and you realise that upgrading Trippier really isn’t important now.

Dembele is gone and Sissoko injured. Why would I be angry if we signed a DM?
The situation has changed from a week ago, so therefore so has my stance.

I still think Striker is priority though as I have said on numerous occasions I’d happily throw Skipp in for now.

Back
Top Bottom