January 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

No it doesn't, it's my opinion that the 3 games Son will be away for are all winnable without him and Kane, we are down to our bare bones in cm, who do we have fit in that position? Winks and Skipp....

I think it's this winnable bit I always find interesting.

The biggest determinant of winnable is probably confidence, followed by quality and then flanked by being at home or away and then other variables like trends between teams.

So we need a striker in my opinion more than we need a central midfielder but mostly we just need to win on Sunday.

That will give us confidence which would have been knocked.

Pochettino and Levy can then worry about which area needs sorting most and in which order.

ginola92

Did you say this? Or not?

“would upgrade trippier before splashing out on a striker who isn't going to play”

That’s what I’ve been taking the piss out of you for. Nothing to do without CM.
You know this, so you look even more stupid now, as well as devious

No....not CM...it was all about RB which you and Totti have tried to wriggle out of.
I mocked you for thinking RB was more important than a striker.
I just quoted you saying just that...so stop trying to change the angle because the weight of Kane’s injury has hit home and you realise that upgrading Trippier really isn’t important now.

Dembele is gone and Sissoko injured. Why would I be angry if we signed a DM?
The situation has changed from a week ago, so therefore so has my stance.

I still think Striker is priority though as I have said on numerous occasions I’d happily throw Skipp in for now.
And I already quoted the post from the other day where I literally said CM is my priority, that's always been my angle, I don't want us to sign a rb right now, In the summer I would though, I've never said I want a right back in the january window.

ginola92

Did you say this? Or not?

“would upgrade trippier before splashing out on a striker who isn't going to play”

That’s what I’ve been taking the piss out of you for. Nothing to do without CM.
You know this, so you look even more stupid now, as well as devious
Okay, so what. If you can find me a post where I've said I want us to sign a right back right now, my mantra has ALWAYS been CM, I've made my point 100 times in the past 2 days, because you have selective reading you keep banging on about me wanting to sign a right back.

And I already quoted the post from the other day where I literally said CM is my priority, that's always been my angle, I don't want us to sign a rb right now, In the summer I would though, I've never said I want a right back in the january window.

I couldn’t give a fuck what your priority is.
I’ve just quoted you saying you’d rather upgrade Trippier than sign a striker.

That’s what I’ve mocked you for, not the CM.
You’ve denied saying it, yet there it all is...your words.

You keep taking about CMs....I’m talking about the fact you think RB is priority over a striker, not the fact you think CM is priority over RB.
You know this.

It's a fucking forum. Who gives a shiny shit what somebody might've said previously about whether they think we should sign a striker or not? The situation has changed very recently, and people can change their mind. Also, whatever we say has no bearing on what happens anyway (thank fuck) so dredging up every comment that somebody has previously said and ramming it back down their throat is fucking pointless, and tedious as fuck for everyone else to read.

Fuck.

I couldn’t give a fuck what your priority is.
I’ve just quoted you saying you’d rather upgrade Trippier than sign a striker.

That’s what I’ve mocked you for, not the CM.
You’ve denied saying it, yet there it all is...your words.

You keep taking about CMs....I’m talking about the fact you think RB is priority over a striker, not the fact you think CM is priority over RB.
You know this.
You've lost the plot

13Qg.gif

Just read the bit where Pleat says there’s no real options....made me think, Kane’s been established for 4 years now.

But we aren’t bringing through any young understudies in attack like we do in midfield and defence.

The number of logical fallacies needed to get from such a starting point to that conclusion is quite.....erhm impressive. Hat of to you sir :pochhail:

We haven't produced a number 1 from the academy for decades. Since Walker. Why are we even wasting money on GK coaches and gloves in the acadamy, when it's clearly being neglegted anyway:llorisunsure:

It's a fucking forum. Who gives a shiny shit what somebody might've said previously about whether they think we should sign a striker or not? The situation has changed very recently, and people can change their mind. Also, whatever we say has no bearing on what happens anyway (thank fuck) so dredging up every comment that somebody has previously said and ramming it back down their throat is fucking pointless, and tedious as fuck for everyone else to read.

Fuck.

Yet here you are.
Giving a shit about what someone said.

Fucking hell, climb out of your own cunt hole and show some self awareness.

What’s better, moaning about priority signings or moaning about other posters

No one asked you to step in.
Post what the fuck you like if you don’t like the topic

Cunts joining in and then moaning about joining in. Wanker

And Pochettino is to blame here.

Some real shortsightedness on display and the fans buy into it which is just as bad.

Now we leave ourselves exposed and at the mercy of any selling clubs who will know of our desperation.

Not the actions of a big club.

You're basing your critisism on jumping to the conclusion that we're now desperate. And that other clubs knows so.

I'm late to the party here, and don't know quite what the debate was like over the summer, but just as much as it's likely that we're desperate, it's likely that Poch is worried but still as always taking it in stride, trusting his squad and cool as fuck :pochsmirk: Kane-Son-Llorente/Lucas as options up top could legimately have been better options than what we could bring in during the summer, as opposed to short-sighted views and Levy being a tight cunt. Especially in a realistic world where squad spots and wages are of a finite nature.

Kane's injury concurring with Son's absence is shit luck, but it makes our search a bit more urgent; not desperate. Other clubs will know this, if they've been paying attention. Fine, if you and others feel different, but it makes me think, we've been watching two different incarnations of Poch these last years.

Same old same old mate....jump all over me for agreeing with you and suck off another poster who spent the last two days ridiculing your views on signing a striker.
What the actual fuck? Nobody's ridiculed me, they just posted an opinion which doesn't agree with mine, which is absolutely fine. I'm not sure where the sucking off has occurred either. Please point me in the direction of that.

Yet here you are.
Giving a shit about what someone said.

Fucking hell, climb out of your own cunt hole and show some self awareness.

What’s better, moaning about priority signings or moaning about other posters

No one asked you to step in.
Post what the fuck you like if you don’t like the topic

Cunts joining in and then moaning about joining in. Wanker
Hahaha, wow

The number of logical fallacies needed to get from such a starting point to that conclusion is quite.....erhm impressive. Hat of to you sir :pochhail:

We haven't produced a number 1 from the academy for decades. Since Walker. Why are we even wasting money on GK coaches and gloves in the acadamy, when it's clearly being neglegted anyway:llorisunsure:
No idea what you’re saying other than “why bother with the academy”

Dunno, ask the club, they’re the ones investing in it.

I’d happily trade never signing a player ever again if Admin Admin agrees to close all Transfer Threads

No need to trade mate.

Outside of paying even greater amounts in terms of wages we can't be anymore attractive to possible targets (remember them?) And there can't really be too many more attractive options unless it's just about money.

Gone are the days when players wanted to be playing in the Champions Lesgue it seems.

Mind you with us who can say what any reason might be.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom