January 2018 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I know people are hurting but let's not pretend as though Dele is not talented. If you'd rather Dele play like Sissoko and play it safe always, never playing risky passes/takeons so that he never loses the ball, then we would not be half the attacking threat we are normally.

This is the same Dele that played so well against Madrid, where, let's see, two of the goals were directly a result of his take-ons and forward passing. So yeah, Dele is very skilled and his off the ball movement is top notch. And his job means that he does lose the ball often.

I have been hurting for 90% of the time watching Dele this season, yesterday was another example. Yes, he does have good off the ball movement, but my argument is in disagreement of his skill levels, which if they were better he would be more effective at doing his job.

Let's get Sanchez and Ozil, would love to get some revenge on them cunts! Still remember the Judas incident like it was yesterday!p
Surely if there was no signing fee we could afford to give them a nice lump sum to compensate for being on £100k per week.....
Make it happen levy, pay back is a bitch! even if it's just for a season then we sell them on!

We need a creative AM, someone who can get into Eriksen's shoes and provide assists and flair.

I think we should be in for both Draxler and Goretzka.

Goretzka and Winks in centre midfield with rotation between Dele, Eriksen, Draxler and Son.

Honestly think we’ll get Barkley though.

I don't see him coming easily. Watford will not want to let go off the guy they want to be the longterm nexus of their attacking play.

I would not say no, but I'm not sure it is that likely a transfer.
I don't see a club at Watford's level ever making long term plans when signing a young, exciting talent - particularly one from somewhere prone to player-hype like Brazil. They'd certainly sell up, but will want a dear price to cash in their winning lottery ticket.

Shaw’s contract is up in the summer. Get him involved with a deal plus cash for Rose.

Draxler isn’t getting game time ahead of a World Cup year for PSG. Could be an option, depending on whether we can rely on Lamela.

Shaw’s contract is up in the summer. Get him involved with a deal plus cash for Rose.

Draxler isn’t getting game time ahead of a World Cup year for PSG. Could be an option, depending on whether we can rely on Lamela.

Why should Rose be rewarded with a nice move to the club of his choice? How about we make Rose rot in the reserves, and tap up shaw for a free in the summer!?

If Shaw's contract is up there's no reason to include him in the deal. We can just get him on a pre-contract in January for free and negotiate a pure cash deal for Rose.

Why should Rose be rewarded with a nice move to the club of his choice? How about we make Rose rot in the reserves, and tap up shaw for a free in the summer!?
Because it does not make business sense, I favor Rose for 40mill plus Shaw add another 20 and bring Bale back: 20 mill for Bale plus wages sounds good to me:

Luke shaw has been told by 4 different managers including Poch that he doesn't have the right attitude! Why are we so keen to buy a player who can't make united's bench, that's a united side who finished 6th last year. Come on

Luke shaw has been told by 4 different managers including Poch that he doesn't have the right attitude! Why are we so keen to buy a player who can't make united's bench, that's a united side who finished 6th last year. Come on
He'd come in as back up to Davies, and eventually probably Sessegnon. It's common sense that when you sell a player, you replace them. Shaw under Poch was a very good player. Plus, he'll be free. He fails, so what? We'll have Davies and likely Sessegnon. If not, we've gained a good player for free.

Where's the risk?

Making united stronger and taking their reject makes business sense?
Shaw is no reject, Poch has stated he wants him, who else can turn Shaw around Poch molded him he reinvented him. We have the technology, we have the expertise.

Because it does not make business sense, I favor Rose for 40mill plus Shaw add another 20 and bring Bale back: 20 mill for Bale plus wages sounds good to me:

TBH I don't care about the business sense, I would rather the club set down a hard stance, which says if you try and force a move out the club, it will not work! And you will rot in the reserves, I'm afraid this will set a precedent, and what's to say other players tied into longer contracts won't try and do the same once tapped up by united......
Plus bale? Come on, the guy is injury prone in a soft league, he wouldn't make 5 games a season in the Pl!

This exactly.

Get £40m plus Shaw for Rose. The left back problem is solved.

At £20-25m on for Bale and we’ve improved drastically. Under Poch, Shaw was the best left back,over to United and it’s gone Pete. He’d be brilliant for us.

Back
Top Bottom