January 2018 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I’m not on the Bale camp but he did several times rooted for us or commented positively on us. Not a supporter though that’s true.
He's said it himself. Southampton is his footballing home. Spurs was where he grew up as a player however and we hold a place in his heart. We're just no home. We're his university so to speak.

A small paragraph in Evening Standard suggested Watford's Richarlison is a target with Onomah a potential make weight. He's on a five year contract and therefore surely highly unlikely. Wouldn't say no though based on highlight reel. Has anyone watched him more closely ?

How much is Pulisic worth now 50m? Just saw the stat of him taking on more defenders than anyone in the world besides Neymar and Messi. He'd be perfect for our team. He's the missing link for our Attacking Midfield. He's probably out of our league price wise and quality wise, but he'd be perfect.

A small paragraph in Evening Standard suggested Watford's Richarlison is a target with Onomah a potential make weight. He's on a five year contract and therefore surely highly unlikely. Wouldn't say no though based on highlight reel. Has anyone watched him more closely ?
I don't see him coming easily. Watford will not want to let go off the guy they want to be the longterm nexus of their attacking play.

I would not say no, but I'm not sure it is that likely a transfer.

Dele's skills!? Do you mean Dele's constant giveaways due to his lack of skill.
I know people are hurting but let's not pretend as though Dele is not talented. If you'd rather Dele play like Sissoko and play it safe always, never playing risky passes/takeons so that he never loses the ball, then we would not be half the attacking threat we are normally.

This is the same Dele that played so well against Madrid, where, let's see, two of the goals were directly a result of his take-ons and forward passing. So yeah, Dele is very skilled and his off the ball movement is top notch. And his job means that he does lose the ball often.

Back
Top Bottom