January 2018 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Everyone's a reject of someone.

I think what would annoy me is we give united one of the best wing backs in the league in exchange or there rejects?
I would much rather we don't entertain a swap deal with Rose to united, and if we want shaw then tell him to run down his contract and get him on a free in the summer!

This exactly.

Get £40m plus Shaw for Rose. The left back problem is solved.

At £20-25m on for Bale and we’ve improved drastically. Under Poch, Shaw was the best left back,over to United and it’s gone Pete. He’d be brilliant for us.

So your willing to take a risk on shaw, in that he may never rediscover his previous form, and also in doing so you strengthen united?
Plus with Rose back fit and under "contract" what left back problem do we have?

TBH I don't care about the business sense, I would rather the club set down a hard stance, which says if you try and force a move out the club, it will not work! And you will rot in the reserves, I'm afraid this will set a precedent, and what's to say other players tied into longer contracts won't try and do the same once tapped up by united......
Plus bale? Come on, the guy is injury prone in a soft league, he wouldn't make 5 games a season in the Pl!
A pre-season under Poch without the pills or shots or whatever they prescribed their players over there would do him wonders!

I think what would annoy me is we give united one of the best wing backs in the league in exchange or there rejects?
I would much rather we don't entertain a swap deal with Rose to united, and if we want shaw then tell him to run down his contract and get him on a free in the summer!
Exactly what I just said mate. Absolutely no reason to include him in the deal when we can talk to him re: a pre contract deal in January for a freebie.

A pre-season under Poch without the pills or shots or whatever they prescribed their players over there would do him wonders!

Fancy telling me the lottery results as well? Also why strengthen a rival and reward a player for trying to force a move?
Why not just wait till the summer and get shaw for free?

Stupid move. We'd just be transplanting him into a very similar scenario to the one he's trying to leave behind:

- Still injury prone
- Still not a team player
- Will still want big wages on par with what he's on now.
- Won't oust Kane so will remain unhappy at being a back-up

This exactly.

Get £40m plus Shaw for Rose. The left back problem is solved.

At £20-25m on for Bale and we’ve improved drastically. Under Poch, Shaw was the best left back,over to United and it’s gone Pete. He’d be brilliant for us.

Yeh... Shaw aint rusty and out of shape (with a suspected poor attitude) and Bale isnt a sick note that would arrive injured.

Instant improvement! :pocheyes:

Based on £60m, why not try for Sessengon and aim the remaining £40m at a player with a future.

Shaw is no reject, Poch has stated he wants him, who else can turn Shaw around Poch molded him he reinvented him. We have the technology, we have the expertise.

Where/when?

In his book, Poch seemed at odds with Shaw's attitude.

He'd come in as back up to Davies, and eventually probably Sessegnon. It's common sense that when you sell a player, you replace them. Shaw under Poch was a very good player. Plus, he'll be free. He fails, so what? We'll have Davies and likely Sessegnon. If not, we've gained a good player for free.

Where's the risk?

Still gotta pay the fucker for the length of his contract.. If we are bringing Sessengon in too then paying Shaw will be a waste of money and likely get in the way of RSs development.

Where/when?

This.

The ONLY talk of Shaw to us has come repeatedly from Utd/Shaw's camp. They want him out, he wants out, this has been the case from almost the first day he rocked up at Utd.

Poch has NEVER said he wants him. I believe the only thing he has ever said anything about him since he left for Utd has been sending him a couple of text messages, wishing him well when he joined, wishing him well with an England call up, wishing him well after breaking his leg. In his book he openly criticised him for lying to him by going behind his back travelling to London, when the two of them sat down face to face and specifically got him to promise he would go to London on a night out.

Regarding the player specifically, he has openly questioned his attitude, the same as FOUR consecutive mangers.

Shaw has issues. Turned up first day of pre-season 2 stone over weight!!! Once a brilliant talent but he's blown his multiple chances with five different managers.

See ya.

This.

The ONLY talk of Shaw to us has come repeatedly from Utd/Shaw's camp. They want him out, he wants out, this has been the case from almost the first day he rocked up at Utd.

Poch has NEVER said he wants him. I believe the only thing he has ever said anything about him since he left for Utd has been sending him a couple of text messages, wishing him well when he joined, wishing him well with an England call up, wishing him well after breaking his leg. In his book he openly criticised him for lying to him by going behind his back travelling to London, when the two of them sat down face to face and specifically got him to promise he would go to London on a night out.

Regarding the player specifically, he has openly questioned his attitude, the same as FOUR consecutive mangers.

Shaw has issues. Turned up first day of pre-season 2 stone over weight!!! Once a brilliant talent but he's blown his multiple chances with five different managers.

See ya.

Yep.... File under David Bentley. Dont think hell still be in the game by the time he hits 30.

Fancy telling me the lottery results as well? Also why strengthen a rival and reward a player for trying to force a move?
Why not just wait till the summer and get shaw for free?
Whats with the lotteryn results? Madrid have this philosphy of being the best so thye wuill do anything it take
Where/when?

Yes I would have to agree. Poch initially liked him but now obviously does not, the book upon book comment has emphasized that. Although he is only 21 do you not think he can be turned around?

Whats with the lotteryn results? Madrid have this philosphy of being the best so thye wuill do anything it take

We do not have the wealth and profile of RM.... Suggesting we adopt their approach is lunacy!

Yes I would have to agree. Poch initially liked him but now obviously does not, the book upon book comment has emphasized that.

My question still stands.... If, as u claim, Poch has declared a desire to sign Shaw... Where/when?

Although he is only 21 do you not think he can be turned around?

How would i know?

...I just know to trust those with the most insight (in this case Poch).

Yeh... Shaw aint rusty and out of shape (with a suspected poor attitude) and Bale isnt a sick note that would arrive injured.

Instant improvement! :pocheyes:

Based on £60m, why not try for Sessengon and aim the remaining £40m at a player with a future.

Sessengon - £20m
Goretzka - £20m
Werner - £20m

Doable?

Shaw is no reject, Poch has stated he wants him, who else can turn Shaw around Poch molded him he reinvented him. We have the technology, we have the expertise.
Just thinking out loud here, but is there a risk that Poch could be blinded by his previous affection for Shaw and perhaps the desire to embarrass Mourinho by getting the best out of a player where Jose has failed miserably?

Then again, that might only go so far. We dropped our interest in Schneiderlin when the price got silly and scouted Dier instead, so...

TL;DR would rather get Sessegnon.

Back
Top Bottom