Jamie O'Hara

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He got rinsed by DL once, but he often talks well of Levy......

There are exceptions, but most of these chairmen don't harbour beef with each other cos it's all in the game.....

Perfect example: Levy/Aulas.

Last edited:
O'Hara is just that typical pundit who changes his opinion like the wind.

Last year he was banging on about how toxic the club is and that Daniel Levy is poison, then towards the end of the season and this season he says what a great club and position it's now.

I get people have an opinion but you just wish these clowns in the media would stick to it rather than changing it to suit the trends. It doesn't help that he does the 'Sports bar' on Talksport now which just encourages morons to phone up and riles up fans to suit suit the agenda.

God everytime I make a post I swear I'm moaning about the media but it's just rubbish.

Tbf he was bang on with what he said, I don't get what your point is?

Tbf he was bang on with what he said, I don't get what your point is?
My point is, why say one thing slagging off the club then retract it? Clearly the club isn't toxic and Daniel Levy is not poisonous, otherwise why would Antonio Conte be at the club and why would O'Hara then start saying what a great place the club is in?

It's nonsense which makes the club look bad and it also just goes with the different trends to get callers to phone up his shows on Talksport.

I think Talk Sport deliberately goes for the dumbest ex-players they can find. Let's face it their audience isn't exactly the smartest. Simon Jordan looks like a intellectual on there which compared to his opposition he certainly is.
Danny Kelly is a bright fella... (and Spurs!)
...he's wasted on there!

My point is, why say one thing slagging off the club then retract it? Clearly the club isn't toxic and Daniel Levy is not poisonous, otherwise why would Antonio Conte be at the club and why would O'Hara then start saying what a great place the club is in?

It's nonsense which makes the club look bad and it also just goes with the different trends to get callers to phone up his shows on Talksport.

He's not retracted it.
This time last year, anyone, even fucking Airfixx would be lying through their teeth if they had an ounce of positivity.
We'd gone from Poch, Champions league finals, to Mourinho, a serial winner to fucking Nuno. A drab, pointless, useless, dour, unsuccessful ex average goalkeeper. A man who, by his own admission, had learned everything he knew from the guy we previously sacked. And that was off the back of being knocked back by Conte.

What O'Hara said perfectly reflected where we were as a club and a fanbase.
The fact it got so awful there was serious fan discontent. Attendances started to drop. There was toxic negativity in the crowd forced FORCED Levy to act. He quite obviously had to bend over and fucking beg Conte to come and fix it. There's no doubt whatever Levy wouldn't agree to last summer, he backed down on the 2nd time around.

The fact the outlook changed thereon doesn't change what the situation was when O'Hara said what he said.
I remember him on the radio when we thought Conte was coming in the summer. He was on the 100% windup against Woolwich and Chelsea that we were gonna win the league etc.

He's a thick but he knows the difference between a Conte team and a Nuno team.

He's not retracted it.
This time last year, anyone, even fucking Airfixx would be lying through their teeth if they had an ounce of positivity.
We'd gone from Poch, Champions league finals, to Mourinho, a serial winner to fucking Nuno. A drab, pointless, useless, dour, unsuccessful ex average goalkeeper. A man who, by his own admission, had learned everything he knew from the guy we previously sacked. And that was off the back of being knocked back by Conte.

What O'Hara said perfectly reflected where we were as a club and a fanbase.
The fact it got so awful there was serious fan discontent. Attendances started to drop. There was toxic negativity in the crowd forced FORCED Levy to act. He quite obviously had to bend over and fucking beg Conte to come and fix it. There's no doubt whatever Levy wouldn't agree to last summer, he backed down on the 2nd time around.

The fact the outlook changed thereon doesn't change what the situation was when O'Hara said what he said.
I remember him on the radio when we thought Conte was coming in the summer. He was on the 100% windup against Woolwich and Chelsea that we were gonna win the league etc.

He's a thick but he knows the difference between a Conte team and a Nuno team.
I don't disagree with a lot of this but calling the club Toxic and Daniel Levy poisonous is a pretty damm clear statement of what you think of the club in general. I certainly wouldn't be calling a club or chairman those things if I was employed by the club that bought me through the youth system, gave me a contract and gave me a breakthrough. I don't hear of players like Mason, Defoe, Dawson etc slagging the club off on media outlets just so they can get callers in on a radio channel.

We'd just come off finishing 7th, our lowest league finish for I don't know how long, yet he was calling the club all sorts. I would hardly call 7th awful.

My view on the atmosphere last summer, managerial appointment of Nuno, direction of the club etc etc was not great either but I don't go around slagging off the club as a whole (not because they've appointed the wrong manager anyway). I don't think Nuno was ever the plan, I just think the club genuinely couldn't get Conte like they thought they could, I also think Conte had doubts about the Kane situation etc.
Did the club really appoint serial winner Jose Mourinho, sack him because he was clearly shite and then honestly believe that Nuno was the correct appointment? It was the cheap option on a 2 year contract because they knew he'd be easy to get rid off. When the club sacked Nuno and appointed Conte pretty much the same day, don't you think they had a plan way before that terrible match against Man Utd or because the fans booed that day it meant Levy could appoint Conte within a few hours.

I don't disagree with a lot of this but calling the club Toxic and Daniel Levy poisonous is a pretty damm clear statement of what you think of the club in general. I certainly wouldn't be calling a club or chairman those things if I was employed by the club that bought me through the youth system, gave me a contract and gave me a breakthrough. I don't hear of players like Mason, Defoe, Dawson etc slagging the club off on media outlets just so they can get callers in on a radio channel.

We'd just come off finishing 7th, our lowest league finish for I don't know how long, yet he was calling the club all sorts. I would hardly call 7th awful.

My view on the atmosphere last summer, managerial appointment of Nuno, direction of the club etc etc was not great either but I don't go around slagging off the club as a whole (not because they've appointed the wrong manager anyway). I don't think Nuno was ever the plan, I just think the club genuinely couldn't get Conte like they thought they could, I also think Conte had doubts about the Kane situation etc.
Did the club really appoint serial winner Jose Mourinho, sack him because he was clearly shite and then honestly believe that Nuno was the correct appointment? It was the cheap option on a 2 year contract because they knew he'd be easy to get rid off. When the club sacked Nuno and appointed Conte pretty much the same day, don't you think they had a plan way before that terrible match against Man Utd or because the fans booed that day it meant Levy could appoint Conte within a few hours.

Staying on theme of the talk about Carragher spitting from the Chelsea thread, my mood about Spurs was so low last season that I would have laughed my head off if Carragher spat on Levy.

I was soooo close to giving up. I missed more games last season than in the previous 4 or 5 years.
I pretty much decided that until Levy/ENIJC went I was done with the club. Why should I spend thousands on season tickets and waste half a day on match days to be utterly miserable when doing it.

If someone like O'Hara, who is too thick to have a filter said something to that effect, he wasn't wrong.

All he really needs to do now is say that Levy was man enough to do something about it. I'd question why things were left to get that bad before he did still.

But everyone was slagging off the club at this time, everyone of the fans was disillusioned and was pissed off at the direction of the club or lack of since the Champs League final. You could see the club was in an absolute mess, top to bottom and had we continued with Nuno, who knows where we would be now. Levy knew he needed to do something, as even he could see the fans (even those that were his biggest supporters) were starting to turn on him in a big way.

So i still don't see why what he said isn't anything but factual, Once Levy got rid of Nuno and brought in Conte you could see the seismic shift in the club and of course fans are now a lot happier.

I don't mind having cheerleader in the media who'll defend us Danny Kelly a great example) I just wish it was a danny, as in some who's not a complete idiot.

It's basically like having our Troopz, but he's on the radio. he lives of catchphrases and basic surface analysis it's always stuff like "that club's a SHAMBLES at the moment" "WOT's going on at Villa, they are BANTER FC at the minute" etc etc

it's so fucking thick, your ears would bleed.

he did some sort of vox pop talking about how shit Saliba must be because he's been loaned out a few times. he's obv never seen him play - that kinda stuff is fan banter and it's stupid at that. Jamie gets to air what ever comes into his thick brain to millions!

that's what's infuriating. the media has a duty to both do, and be better.

But everyone was slagging off the club at this time, everyone of the fans was disillusioned and was pissed off at the direction of the club or lack of since the Champs League final. You could see the club was in an absolute mess, top to bottom and had we continued with Nuno, who knows where we would be now. Levy knew he needed to do something, as even he could see the fans (even those that were his biggest supporters) were starting to turn on him in a big way.

So i still don't see why what he said isn't anything but factual, Once Levy got rid of Nuno and brought in Conte you could see the seismic shift in the club and of course fans are now a lot happier.
Yep and that's all well and good, but the point I make is the way he comes across in the media and fluffs between different views on the game which for me are one extreme to the other. It's very spur of the moment stuff, that doesn't seem to have much thought behind it which can reflect badly on the fans and club when on a media platform like Talksport.

As mentioned above, they're a lot more pundits/ex players who just put abit of thought behind what they say rather than slagging the club off and chairman pretty badly but then praise the club and the position they are in when all is rosey.

Back
Top Bottom