Jamie O'Hara

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I like Jamie too. Saw him at a charity football match at the Stevenage football ground a few weeks ago and he was a nice bloke - and his team won 11-10 on penalties.

He knows his football and can string a sentence together which is more than the majority of pundits on sky to be honest
I disagree.

he's the bog standard bloke in pub who speaks in cliches and completely without nuance.

Lives off tropes like "shambles, bottlers, Bottled it, Unplayable on his day" etc complete horse shit. he'll be completely contrary with Cundy and hold the opposition to keep the shoe ticking over.

honestly I hate it. I'd rather listen to a fucking bin.

He's proper fickle, although in this moment of fickleness I do agree with him, everyone jumps on the bandwagon so much when it comes to Spurs. No matter what we do there is always something for someone to moan about.

Talksport is clickbait, tabloid, pub radio mainly.

He's actually a distant relative of mine, he wouldn't know that and we've never met, I did meet Cundy once, through a friend who works at Talksport - was friendly enough but in a very superficial way. Reminded him that he played in midfield for us vs Chelsea and we lost 2-0, he didn't seem to remember. Didn't tell him he was a bloody awful footballer.

Bought him a drink and he fucked off without buying one back. Cunt.

I did meet Cundy once,

Bought him a drink

Carded
Go France GIF by FIFA

He’s does talk us up on talkshite…and refers to Tottenham as “us” or ”we” let’s be honest there’s nobody else in the mainstream media does that! The co-commentators who are ex-spurs tend to be neutral as they should be though that doesn’t apply to certain ex-goons or United when they’re teams are playing they make it quite obvious where their loyalties lye……and as for Hoddle to think he’s a Tottenham “legend “ you’d never know he had anything ever to do we us.

I like him. he’s so right here

He's normally a bit "fick" but he's nailed it there.

The funny thing is, we've barely even been lucky with the points we've got.
Chelsea equaliser looks lucky because it's in injury time, but we had better chances in the 2nd half than them and, had we taken them, could have been 3-1 up at one point.
Otherwise we've ground out results in a professional, tactical manner. We intend to win games, and 70% of the time, we have,

It's about time people learn to distinguish between playing bad and winning ugly.
Teams that play bad get beaten. A lot. We hardly ever get beaten.
People have got a wharped opinion of what good football looks like. City spend billions. Let that sink in. They have also had the same coach, spending billions for considerably longer than our current coach. Playing Champaign football for them is as easy as putting Fifa on amateur most of the time.
For the rest of the league, it's more of a competition every week which means digging in.

It often doesn't look as ugly when you're watching a game as a neutral either as you're not invested in who wins.

He was also right there to raise Woolwich digging in and taking the points. They haven't been as great as people make out. They have had spells where they're very easy on the eye and, luckily for them, the ball hits the back of the net. Then they often seem to get pegged back or the game fizzles out. At 3-1 vs our 10 men they weren't exactly ripping us apart and looking like it would be embarrassing by the end.

Could you imagine what a full flow City might have done to us with 10 men ?

Every word of that is true, even some of our own supporters are digging us out for the style of football, it beggars belief. I'm now of the mind that I just want to win games, and not really bothered how we get games over the line.

Every word of that is true, even some of our own supporters are digging us out for the style of football, it beggars belief. I'm now of the mind that I just want to win games, and not really bothered how we get games over the line.

I was on the tube from Tottenham Hale after the Frankfurt game.
Let's be frank, we started badly and wobbled at the end after 4 subs and a missed penalty.
But for the 70 minutes or so in between it was some of the best football we've played all season. And yet there was a group of older chaps moaning and complaining like we were bottom of the fucking league and getting dicked every week.
I kind of expect it from the ones who rarely watch a game and just form a 2nd hand opinion based on highlights and commentary. But not from fans who sat in the same stadium as me and watched the whole game.

I must be the only one on the planet that actually likes Jamie O’hara. He’s not the sharpest knife in the box, but I love his passion for Spurs

I don't dislike him. The problem is he is often too outspoken and too bold. This makes him look daft to the point even Spurs fans can't take him seriously.
And then he says things that are just dumb and he can't see his error even when its pointed out to him.
Example of that being him spending all night saying all goals should be disallowed and the game stopped if a keeper goes down. Think it was when something happened to De Gea and a goal was scored. He failed completely to see every keeper in the world will go down as soon as it looks like goal is about to be scored and feign injury to get it disallowed.

Back
Top Bottom