Inter Milan H Sun 4 Aug 15:00 BST

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I hope 1st half we go with the team we expect to start against Villa and then make changes later, so something like:

.....................Lloris..................
KWP... Toby........Jan......Rose
..............Winks....................
........................Ndombele
Lucas.......... Alli.........Eriksen
.....................Kane..............

EBIIaFsWwAAwkwg.jpg:large

To me that looks like the team that Poch knows will be available and ready for Villa.

Maybe he has spoken with Rose and he's agreed to stay while things could still happen with Toby/Eriksen. Althought the Toby situation makes no sense as surely any club that wants him would have wanted him before the clause expired and have just cost themselves a pile of cash.

Alli must have picked up a knock - the injury pile-up begins in earnest.

I reckon Toby and Eriksen on the bench is a sign Poch isn't going to fully count on them until the deadline is passed.

Tbh, if we keep Toby and lose Eriksen but replace him with GLC and Fernandes, I'd be pretty happy. Fernandes is quite possibly the most like for like replacement you could find for Eriksen and Lo Celso would bolster our midfield significantly.

I reckon Toby and Eriksen on the bench is a sign Poch isn't going to fully count on them until the deadline is passed.

Tbh, if we keep Toby and lose Eriksen but replace him with GLC and Fernandes, I'd be pretty happy. Fernandes is quite possibly the most like for like replacement you could find for Eriksen and Lo Celso would bolster our midfield significantly.
This is the ideal scenario for me and makes this window a success regardless in my view.

Back
Top Bottom