Imagine...

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You can slag off this year all you want but last year we scored 66 goals which is second only to our champions league season in all time PL goal tally. We had 67 that year. Pretty clear that AVB was able to cope without Moutinho. Not that we couldn't have used him, especially this year.

The Redknapp wonder side of 2011-2012 with much better personnel scored 66 goals just the same as AVB's 2012-2013 side.

I'm sure the Bale argument will get trotted out, but Bale had 21 goals last year while Adebayor had 17 the year before. So if last year was all down to Bale, then 2011-2012 was all down to Adebayor. Ade also had 12 assists that season while Bale had 7 last year. So I won't be having any one man team arguments.

Ade did alot....but we played as a team

Ade did alot....but we played as a team

What evidence exists to suggest this besides your own preconceived notions? Ade had more goals and assists combined that year than Bale did last season.

If anything, we were more reliant on team wide production last year than the year before when we saw Bale, Ade, VDV, and Defoe all over ten goals and then no one else score more than four goals.

It is also pretty incredible to match goals with the 2011-2012 considering last season we didn't have a single penalty.

Overall, you can have problems with AVB for how this season has been but to act like he was totally hapless and the football was always bad when we were scoring just as much as any other Tottenham side ever has is soooooooo disingenuous.

Then next game he was played behind Defoe
May i remind you that you yourself wanted it to be that way at the time... #hypocrite

And Holtby deserved to play in those next two games. Oh, i forgot, you believe that Holtby shouldn't even be near the team, that he's worse than Jenas.
Lamela. I dont even need to start with this one.
Lamela is a special case.
Chadli satrted the season pretty well...no different to how he's playing now. Yet he was inexplicably dropped from the matchday squad, long before he picked up an injury for Belgium.
More bullshit. He got injured in the first days of September. He played in all of our games until then, with the exception of Tbilisi at home.
Capoue also started very well, and got injured in mid September...it was supposed to be for three weeks. The next time we "saw" him was as an unused sub in the Cup game v Hull on Oct 30. Since then, we have played 11 games in all competitions, and he has been either an used sub, or dropped from the matchday squad 4 times, and only got brought back because had no defence left.
He played in 7 out of those 11 games.
Also, are you saying that AVB should've dropped Sandro?
And what's the it was supposed to be for three weeks remark for? Are you blaming AVB for his injury?
In a system he cant play in.
Ah, the system... How could i have forgotten about it. #bullshit

Honestly, i don't know why i even bother. You just make up bullshit and ignore the facts and circumstances to push your agenda. Stop trying to paint everything black and white, Sam.

One loss, we're shit. Win on Sunday, we' ll be back on track for top 4.

I can't keep up!!!

And Levy getting the blame? If we had someone lined up - hell even if we appointed them on Monday afternoon, Sherwood would have still been in charge for this game, so what's the difference?
And if he would have kept AVB with the intention of sacking him regardless of the result purely because we had a midweek cup game, we'd have slaughtered him.

I'm sure even if we won the league some would pick holes in that guy. I'm fuckin proud Levy and ENIC own and run our club. We have morals and a structure that is far too rare these days, and our time will come.

We found Spurs,
So don't fight it
Football is a rollercoaster,
Just gotta ride it
I need Spurs,
So stop hiding
Our love is a mystery
Yids, let's get beside it

Seriously think all this analysing, bitching and complaining about the past/AVB/bloody Redknapp/ ifs, buts and motherfucking wherefores has to stop sometime soon. What's done is done. And that's not to say I particularly like/agree with it but I'm moving on. This season isn't dead yet and beyond salvaging...

Funny... it couldn't feel less like Christmas if it tried right now!! Amazing how a stinking defeat sucks all the joy out of this time of year... I usually LOVE Christmas!
You have to switch it off mate (I'm trying but it's not working that well). But I'm not working any more this year and I'm off to Italy on Saturday morning to stuff my cake-hole round at mama's for a week. So fuck it, we've had worse times before and we'll have worse again. We're almost safe from the drop, so make merry and spread some lilywhite and blue love.

Funny... it couldn't feel less like Christmas if it tried right now!! Amazing how a stinking defeat sucks all the joy out of this time of year... I usually LOVE Christmas!

Do you feel better than you did last night at least? sounded awful what you personally experienced

Do you feel better than you did last night at least? sounded awful what you personally experienced

Couldn't feel much worse! ...still, none of it was aimed at me personally... just yer usual filth aimed in our general direction, that the Police did fuck all about! ...i'm well over it!

:paulinhobored:

I'm sure the Bale argument will get trotted out, but Bale had 21 goals last year while Adebayor had 17 the year before. So if last year was all down to Bale, then 2011-2012 was all down to Adebayor. Ade also had 12 assists that season while Bale had 7 last year. So I won't be having any one man team arguments.

"They lead by example. If you ever want to talk to them, they're always there to listen. It's great to play alongside them because they're world-class players too,"
"At Tottenham I was always trying to get onto the ball and make everything tick, whereas here everybody's doing that, there are world-class players all around the pitch and you're able to concentrate just on your game rather than bringing the whole team forward, and I'm enjoying that."
Gareth Bale

We all know, as well as he does, what a monumental difference he made last season, despite the quality in our squad.

"They lead by example. If you ever want to talk to them, they're always there to listen. It's great to play alongside them because they're world-class players too,"
"At Tottenham I was always trying to get onto the ball and make everything tick, whereas here everybody's doing that, there are world-class players all around the pitch and you're able to concentrate just on your game rather than bringing the whole team forward, and I'm enjoying that."
Gareth Bale

We all know, as well as he does, what a monumental difference he made last season, despite the quality in our squad.
Of course he did. He turned into a world class player last season, confirmed by the £86m price paid for him. And the rest of our squad is not comparable to Real Madrid's.

The funny thing is, I don't hear the 'one man team' jibes being poked at Liverpool this season, despite Suarez clearly being head and shoulders above the rest of their players. Suarez is winning Liverpool just as many points single-handedly as Bale did for us. Liverpool are loved by the press, and therefore will not kop cop the same stick we did last year.

I think the difference is that they are playing as a team, and as it stands, sit top of the table, where as we fought tooth and nail all season to hold on to 5th..

I think the difference is that they are playing as a team, and as it stands, sit top of the table, where as we fought tooth and nail all season to hold on to 5th..

This could not be further from the truth. We were seven points ahead of Woolwich and in third in March of last season. We finished 6 points clear in 5th and I don't remember Everton ever being close.

Back
Top Bottom