Imagine...

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

One loss, we're shit. Win on Sunday, we' ll be back on track for top 4.

I can't keep up!!!

And Levy getting the blame? If we had someone lined up - hell even if we appointed them on Monday afternoon, Sherwood would have still been in charge for this game, so what's the difference?
And if he would have kept AVB with the intention of sacking him regardless of the result purely because we had a midweek cup game, we'd have slaughtered him.

I'm sure even if we won the league some would pick holes in that guy. I'm fuckin proud Levy and ENIC own and run our club. We have morals and a structure that is far too rare these days, and our time will come.

It wasn't so long ago we were competing in the Quarter Finals of the CHAMPIONS LEAGUE in the Bernabeau...
'the fuck happened?

One loss, we're shit. Win on Sunday, we' ll be back on track for top 4.

I can't keep up!!!

And Levy getting the blame? If we had someone lined up - hell even if we appointed them on Monday afternoon, Sherwood would have still been in charge for this game, so what's the difference?
And if he would have kept AVB with the intention of sacking him regardless of the result purely because we had a midweek cup game, we'd have slaughtered him.

I'm sure even if we won the league some would pick holes in that guy. I'm fuckin proud Levy and ENIC own and run our club. We have morals and a structure that is far too rare these days, and our time will come.

The irony is that instead of being fickle like most football supporters you are blindly loyal to Levy... Bravo

:disdain:

The irony is that instead of being fickle like most football supporters you are blindly loyal to Levy... Bravo

:disdain:
Instead of envy those reckless cunts Chelsea & City? Fuckin right I support Levy. And not blindly either. You're blinded by the disillusionment that we deserve success, when we fuckin don't! I class where we are now as a club as success. I'm not old, but I remember being a distinctly average mid-table team, flirting with relegation now and again. Not anymore. We all EXPECT top 4 and an FA cup every year. 92+ teams going for that cup - how often do you think we SHOULD win it?

Yet - win a cup - and finishing 8th is acceptable to most. Fuck that. Anyone can have a cup run, I'd rathe be competitive over 38 premier league games and play European football year in year out.

Instead of envy those reckless cunts Chelsea & City? Fuckin right I support Levy. And not blindly either. You're blinded by the disillusionment that we deserve success, when we fuckin don't! I class where we are now as a club as success. I'm not old, but I remember being a distinctly average mid-table team, flirting with relegation now and again. Not anymore. We all EXPECT top 4 and an FA cup every year. 92+ teams going for that cup - how often do you think we SHOULD win it?

Yet - win a cup - and finishing 8th is acceptable to most. Fuck that. Anyone can have a cup run, I'd rathe be competitive over 38 premier league games and play European football year in year out.

I don't particularly care about success. The most fun I have at the lane is about 10 years ago ( I am not that old either ;) ) I was intending to be a bit lighthearted and jokey. Sorry if that didn't come across. I can't be asked to be serious at the moment...:avblol: AVB in

I don't particularly care about success. The most fun I have at the lane is about 10 years ago ( I am not that old either ;) ) I was intending to be a bit lighthearted and jokey. Sorry if that didn't come across. I can't be asked to be serious at the moment...:avblol: AVB in
:avbfu:

:avbshit:

:adebaehug:

AAAAAAAAAVVVVVVVVVVBBBBBBBBB!!!! :walkercry:

Honestly blame all this on Levy.

I just don't understand how he can sit there on his ivory tower impervious. He had to stand or fall on boas. I was no Harry fan but you can't knock his record. There had to be an improvement or what was the point?

He should have stuck by boas or resign. His personality pervades our club like a stench.

Enic positives:
1. Made us more profitable so we had more money to spend
2. Built new training ground
3. New stadium on the way
4. Wouldn't settle for mediocrity

Enic Negatives:
1. Trigger happy with managers
2. Price rises have affected home atmosphere
3. Keep selling off our best players meaning we are constantly in transition
4. Leave deals to the last minute affecting performances

On balance, who knows? Better than Alan Sugar though.

It's a tough one because I do agree with @ Millbanks Millbanks that I do have pride in the way we conduct ourselves financially compared to the billionaire clubs.

However, Levy needs to get a fucking clue regarding managerial appointments. It seems like the only plan there is to hire and sack until he gets lucky with one of them. I wish there was some sort of strategy of long term plan. That's what I thought AVB was supposed to be but quite clearly not.

Hopefully we get lucky with whoever he ends up bringing in here.

Some of the responses in this thread make me cringe.Over the past few days it's been "I could see the problems with AVB's system", "AVB's football was boring", "I reluctantly admit that he had to go" and so on.

One game later, one game, and the knives are out. "Levy should never have gotten rid of AVB", "It's all a disaster", "get AVB back in", blah, blah, blah.

I mean really, what were you expecting from Sherwood? The man has never managed in his life and some of you are reacting in this thread like he's been given the job permanently until the end of time. Some facts to consider:-

- Like it or not, AVB's "best managerial record ever" does not make up for the fact that we couldn't even muster an attack under him. Not one shot on target last weekend. Huge goal drubbing against us. Highly paid strikers not being able to score for shit. These facts have not vanished because of a cup exit a few days later. The "best manager ever" record was not guaranteed to stay that way since it was an average figure. The more bad results the more that average would've dropped. Plus, if reports are to be believed there were tensions between him and the club and you cannot maintain an effective relationship under such circumstances in the long term, even if your manager is the Son of God. The reason for his departure that we have been discussing over the past few days have not suddenly vanished because people are upset about a cup result. There were problems under AVB that had to be fixed one way or another. There was no guarantee at all that everything was suddenley going to fall into place. How long was he supposed to be given? It was clear from the start that Redknapp was sacked because he failed to give us another Champion's League run. We know what Levy wanted and things were looking worse under AVB than they ever did under Harry. Now some of you are shocked that Levy didn't give AVB time? This surprises you? Have you been following the same club that I have?

- The players are the same players under AVB. For whatever problems there were under him, they were the ones out there on the pitch who were collapsing. Days after that Liverpool defeat confidence would have been low, there were still the same players bedding in, the defence was still makeshift, the strikers had hardly played and the formation was different. Despite this, there were chunks of the game where we attacked with effort, created chances and even scored. This was not happening this year under AVB however people want to dress it up. Plus Adebayor scored and, for the most part, played well and with purpose. How can that be a negative? The man has had only 45 mins of football the entire season but is showing he might be able to do something for us when the other strikers haven't been scoring. This is the man AVB refused to play. Oh, and before anybody trots out the "AVB was great in the cups" bullshit, has everyone forgotten our turgid exist from the FA Cup last year? What makes everyone think AVB would've won this game anymore than Sherwood did? West Ham absolutely spanked at home under AVB. Yet AVB would've likely played exactly the same formation today as he did a few weeks ago.

- Sherwood has not been given the job permanently. He is a caretaker coach there just to carry on the job for a few games until the new man comes in. When the likes of @ sammyspurs sammyspurs and @ Carlito Brigante Carlito Brigante were moaning about AVB at the start of the reason I repeatedly made the point that it was too early to judge and we should wait for some time to seem how everything plays out. Many of you lined to rep or agree with that comment while telling sammy & co what cunts they were for being impatient and negative. But here you all are doing exactly the same thing. Sherwood has been here for one bloody game and he isn't even AVB's replacement!!! What do you want, bloody miracles, especially from someone entirely untested? You're essentially branding the next manager a failure before you bloody even know who he is!!!!!

Bottom line is that some of the comments in here are exactly the same impatient "I told you so" negative garbage that you have complained about for so long, just with the names changed. I'm reluctant to say it, but sammy is right when he says there are hypocrites on here. At least @ Flav Flav has been consistent and kept quiet on the AVB sacking until now, but some of the rest of you. Jesus wept, shameful.

AVB is gone and he isn't coming back. That's the way it is. Get behind Sherwood until the new man comes in, Support the club, not bloody AVB. The players need our back for they are our future. If AVB should've been given patience, then don't write off the next man before he is even here and certainly don't write of the caretaker because he's lost one solitary game.

It's a tough one because I do agree with @ Millbanks Millbanks that I do have pride in the way we conduct ourselves financially compared to the billionaire clubs.

However, Levy needs to get a fucking clue regarding managerial appointments. It seems like the only plan there is to hire and sack until he gets lucky with one of them. I wish there was some sort of strategy of long term plan. That's what I thought AVB was supposed to be but quite clearly not.

But even big clubs don't hold onto managers nowadays. Mancini won the league and he got sacked!!

I personally believe that the general feeling is nothing is ever good enough for anyone. Everyone wants everything, all the time. Of course everyone wants to be better, more successful, win every weekend, best their rivals, play in the Champions League - but we can't ALL do that. And I'm not sure at what point we became a club that felt we earned the right to demand such things.

We have spent a lot of money, but only to keep up with the bunch at the top. We'd be miles behind the rest had we not. We haven't done bad in the last few years really, let's be honest. Let's keep our feet on the ground, and think realistically about what we can achieve.

Fuck me we could actually win the Europa League, which would be absolutely MASSIVE for us.

The money sloshing about football in the last 10 years you would have to be an idiot not to make it work. Levy is no idiot.

We have a great training ground. So do Wigan. We are solvent. So are Norwich.

I think there is a common denominator why we haven't pushed on.

The money sloshing about football in the last 10 years you would have to be an idiot not to make it work. Levy is no idiot.

We have a great training ground. So do Wigan. We are solvent. So are Norwich.

I think there is a common denominator why we haven't pushed on.
But are the possible (and likely) long term implications of pushing on worth short term success?

Not for me.

And Wigan couldn't nearly fill their stadium for Premier League matches. Football isn't even their first sport. As much as I liked them, they are where they belong.

Norwich haven't spent hundreds of millions on building their squad either. Instead they have Rocky Bin Yanksvinkel up front scoring fuck all. But he doesn't get the bad press Soldado gets - oh no - Bobby is a useless cunt bag that we should abandon on a desert island on our next Europa trip.

I think we have made every effort within our clubs' means to push on. Unfortunately it hasn't cemented us in the top 4, but we're damn fuckin close!

But are the possible (and likely) long term implications of pushing on worth short term success?

Not for me.

And Wigan couldn't nearly fill their stadium for Premier League matches. Football isn't even their first sport. As much as I liked them, they are where they belong.

Norwich haven't spent hundreds of millions on building their squad either. Instead they have Rocky Bin Yanksvinkel up front scoring fuck all. But he doesn't get the bad press Soldado gets - oh no - Bobby is a useless cunt bag that we should abandon on a desert island on our next Europa trip.

I think we have made every effort within our clubs' means to push on. Unfortunately it hasn't cemented us in the top 4, but we're damn fuckin close!

Your missing my point. The infrastructure and stability is the easy thing. You need a special manager you trust to continue the project. Look at scum and Manu. Both organically grew massive stadia, after a fashion.

Levy hasn't a clue. He is a bald man in the world of the hair. He is so happy to be accepted he has forgotten his job. He has monumentally failed at his job imo.

Boas was his baby. He had to nurture him. But he didn't he didn't buy any of his players. He just said here you are, make it work.

Fair point. But put things into context. The performances this year (even when we've won) have been abysmal and should not be forgotten. The 3-0 HOME defeat against West Ham was awful. 6-0 against City was worse. 5-0 against Liverpool...a disgrace. With the money we spent, we are supposed to be on par with these teams and challenging them for the top places. Instead, they are SO far ahead of us right now it feels like we're in a time warp to the mid-90's. I'm by no means anti-AVB. In fact, I vehemently supported him right up until the 5th went in on Sunday. But it was time to realise that it just wasn't working out, it's as simple as that.

You want to know why we managed to get so many points last season? And why AVB's win percentage was so high? Two words: Gareth Bale.

And lots of easy peasy Europa league games.

Boas was his baby. He had to nurture him. But he didn't he didn't buy any of his players. He just said here you are, make it work.
AVB Had to get the best out of what he had to work with, he didn't he was about 60% on the way to playing for our weaknesses.

Levy's job is the finances, going quite well to be honest,

AVB Had to get the best out of what he had to work with, he didn't he was about 60% on the way to playing for our weaknesses.

Levy's job is the finances, going quite well to be honest,

If only that was true. Please don't think I thought boas was learning quickly enough because he wasn't. Shit, even Timmy picked chadli tonight. But he was learning. And if it took to next season to see his learning I would have waited. Hell fire I would have waited till Xmas the following season.

I thought the whole reason to bring him in was that. I'm sick of changing managers.

Back
Top Bottom