Imagine...

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Flav

The Fighting Cock
...not having a clue about football but demanding that we sack a manager who was actually pretty decent. Imagine be so reactionary that you demand his sacking despite managing to finish his only full season with a points total that betters any other Tottenham Premier League manager. No wait there is more. Imagine demanding that we sack a manager that has the best win percentage of any Spurs manager in over a hundred years.

Now imagine telling Bill Nich to go fuck himself 18 months into his job. Imagine being that cunt. Imagine.

...not having a clue about football but demanding that we sack a manager who was actually pretty decent. Imagine be so reactionary that you demand his sacking despite managing to finish his only full season with a points total that betters any other Tottenham Premier League manager. No wait there is more. Imagine demanding that we sack a manager that has the best win percentage of any Spurs manager in over a hundred years.

Now imagine telling Bill Nich to go fuck himself 18 months into his job. Imagine being that cunt. Imagine.
Hear fucking hear.

This is how he feels. If we don't get relegated we still make like 80 million. So whatever.
Levy+Money.gif

It's ridiculous, one minute we've got a vision, a plan,.........the next we've got Tim Sherwood on the touchline swinging his arms about

Biggest issue for me is - how are we going to sell the dream of long term planning and potential success to the next guy???

i don't know how many times a guy can admit he was wrong before people realise he hasn't got a clue.
And every bloody sacking is a massive drama that makes the club look shit.
Santini walking after 2 months. Jol being sacked whilst actually managing a game. Redknapp talked himself out of the job but levy should have bought him the fucking striker he needed when we made it into the champions league. AVB brought in with the promise of a long term plan. Sacked for a few dodgy results and failing to incorporate 7 total strangers he didn't even want into a system of play that can dominate some of the best teams in europe.

Not sure if joking

As in Bill Nic still spinning in his grave that the team he made famous had so much shit in its side in the late 90's never mind what is happening today!!

How the fuck did we lose that - we badly need someone inspirational now, you can almost imagine people like poor Daws blaming himself as he was suspended.... fuck we need a pick me up

Are you some sort of cunt? 18 months? And how many trophies did we get? I'll tell you: ZERO. What a cunt.

IF SHERWOOD DOESN'T DELIVER THE WORLD CUP BY CHRISTMAS I WILL PERSONALLY SHOOT HIM WITH RUSTY AMMO SOAKED IN AIDS-CANCER.

It has to be instant nowadays. Walking down to the tube I had two cunts behind me already talking about how much they've always hated Sherwood. If football is a microcosm of modern society (and in some ways it is), the human race is fucked.

Fair point. But put things into context. The performances this year (even when we've won) have been abysmal and should not be forgotten. The 3-0 HOME defeat against West Ham was awful. 6-0 against City was worse. 5-0 against Liverpool...a disgrace. With the money we spent, we are supposed to be on par with these teams and challenging them for the top places. Instead, they are SO far ahead of us right now it feels like we're in a time warp to the mid-90's. I'm by no means anti-AVB. In fact, I vehemently supported him right up until the 5th went in on Sunday. But it was time to realise that it just wasn't working out, it's as simple as that.

You want to know why we managed to get so many points last season? And why AVB's win percentage was so high? Two words: Gareth Bale.

He's still spinning from selecting Gary Docherty up front in the 90s
GRRR!! I like you Mensa - But will people pleessseeeeeee stop picking on Docherty

He was a loyal honest servant to the club, who had a promising career set back significantly by a terrible injury from a horrible unnecessary tackle. I think Bill Nick who was a loyal servant to the club himself, but no Beckenbauer as a player would be spinning in his grave at the cheap jibes hurled at Gary Docherty.

GRRR!! I like you Mensa - But will people pleessseeeeeee stop picking on Docherty

He was a loyal honest servant to the club who had a promising career runied by a terrible injury from a horrible unnecessary tackle

Ive only ever mentioned him once - lets swap him out for Neale Fenn, or Andy Turner hows that?

I'm one patient bastard who really wanted AVB to do well, but the home performances this season have been so turgid that I can see why he got sacked. In the end, even my patience was wearing thin.

I've to agree with Sprocket Man. Nonetheless, it doesn't relieve Levy of his responsibility to have a plan in place and in this regard, I'm struggling to keep the faith. Who in their right mind, any decent coach or player, would want to come to this clusterfuck of a mess?

Fair point. But put things into context. The performances this year (even when we've won) have been abysmal and should not be forgotten. The 3-0 HOME defeat against West Ham was awful. 6-0 against City was worse. 5-0 against Liverpool...a disgrace. With the money we spent, we are supposed to be on par with these teams and challenging them for the top places. Instead, they are SO far ahead of us right now it feels like we're in a time warp to the mid-90's. I'm by no means anti-AVB. In fact, I vehemently supported him right up until the 5th went in on Sunday. But it was time to realise that it just wasn't working out, it's as simple as that.

You want to know why we managed to get so many points last season? And why AVB's win percentage was so high? Two words: Gareth Bale.

Levy's buzzwords when AVB joined;

"Andre shares our long-term ambitions and ethos of developing players and nurturing young talent, and he will be able to do so now at a new world-class training centre."

"It is important we now look to develop the potential within the squads at all levels, while strengthening the first team in the summer in key positions with players who will become part of the future success of the club,"

It was never going to happen overnight.

This is how he feels. If we don't get relegated we still make like 80 million. So whatever.
Levy+Money.gif
Fair comment JDK

The only time Levy has gone on a 'budget buster' was when relegation threatened. He hhimself has said we can live without Europe but not the Prem. Unless we spend big in January we'll make a nice profit this season, having spent nowt (net spend) in the summer despite increased TV money and ST prices.

Back
Top Bottom