Imagine...

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

How can you agree to all the signings, and fail so miserably to get anything out of them?
Funny how you deliberately ignored the other thing Les said...
"We lost Gareth Bale and spent over £100m pounds. When you spend that kind of money you forget the fact that they need to settle in.
"Most players that come into the Premier League need about six months to a year for them to settle in - six months if they hit the ground running.

Why acknowledge something that would undermine your narrative, right Sam?

You just sit there fingering your arsehole revelling in our misery. We all know every defeat is a hard on for you. But everyone knows more than you anyway bar the Aussies and yanks.

Sherwood and sir les are about as Spurs as that bumhole you can't stop fingering.

Fuck off you piss head tramp

Just imagine sacking one of the worst managers the club has ever had. Just imagine sacking the manager that produced the most boring football I have ever witnessed. Just imagine sacking a manager who signed a bunch of Donkeys, and dismantled one of the best sides we ever had. Just imagine sacking a manager who lost 6-0 against City, 5-0 against Liverpool and 3-0 against west Ham. What a travesty.
Oh, the win %. Statistics are great. Do you know that drink drivers are responsible for 10% of all road fatalities. That means that 90% are sober, and thus you are 9 times more likely to kill someone when you are sober. Of course, there are other factors to be taken into account, as there were with AVB. The bloke was a fake, and thank fook he has gone.
As the recent articles have suggested, AVB didn't sign them, though he did accept them. So by your theory, Baldini is as guilty, if not more so, than AVB. So Baldini out?

And AVB didn't dismantle our team! Real Madrid made offers for Modric and Bale that we couldn't turn down, whether that be financially or due to 'player power'. I'm sure given the choice he would have kept them both. Again, the sales were out of his hands as he doesn't control them.

As @ sammyspurs sammyspurs said, the whole point of having a DoF is to minimise the impact a managerial change has. Managers shouldn't be allowed to buy and sell as they please as that generally isn't best for the club long term, and they shouldn't be allowed to bring in their own youth coaches etc as it gives the academies and youth players no continuity or consistency.

Funny how you deliberately ignored the other thing Les said...
"We lost Gareth Bale and spent over £100m pounds. When you spend that kind of money you forget the fact that they need to settle in.
"Most players that come into the Premier League need about six months to a year for them to settle in - six months if they hit the ground running.

Why acknowledge something that would undermine your narrative, right Sam?

I have acknowledged Les Ferdinands quotes, but the last line....the one you cut off.......went on to say how everyone was well aware that our aim was top 4.

You dont get top 4 if your top 4 rivals end up putting 95 goals past you come May.

6 months for the players to settle...I take it he meant if you actually use them.....Funny how Vlad and Paulinho settled after a spell of games. They didnt need six months....just a run of games in a position that suited them.

The rest suffered miserably and being played in that way, it could have been 6 months or 6yrs, and they still wouldnt have grown. AVB was never going to change....and a change was needed.

Thats why he's gone....maybe you want to question Levy's "narrative" too, seeing as he's the one who sacked AVB, not me.

Last edited:
In regards to baseless claims about the players not missing AVB's system. Friedel said not a single one of the players wanted him out: http://msn.foxsports.com/foxsoccer/...tenham-players-were-behind-villas-boas-121813

I'm behind Tim Sherwood but last night was not a great start with his lineup and substitutions. I hope we have something lined up because I'm not sure Sherwood is ready for the big show yet.

I warned you young man! nuts deep for De Boer! Tim Sherwood could be an excellent manager one day but this is not how you go about doing it, he has been in a comfy job at Spurs and needs to go get manager experience first if he is serious about a career in management, we do hear good things and I think he is intellegent, just too soon and too much to throw at someone this inexperienced, not his fault.

Good one spammy.

Nice to see you've a got a bit of confidence back.

Now go and wash your fingers you dirty little creature.

At least you know what I stand for, and what Im about.

I have no idea if you supported AVB, or dislike Sherwood, or Levy, or if you enjoyed the football this season or not. I have no idea about your stance on anything. You are about as relevant as......that seagull that just flew past my window.

I dont hate it, I dont like it....its nothing to me. You make me emotionless. Just Zero.

"Most of the signings were perhaps suggestions to him, but he agreed to those suggestions,"

off course he's going to agree as the alternative is nobody and a much weakened squad ffs

To be fair it says they were suggestions to which he agreed. Sounds like he would have been able to suggest some of his own to me..?

At least you know what I stand for, and what Im about.

I have no idea if you supported AVB, or dislike Sherwood, or Levy, or if you enjoyed the football this season or not. I have no idea about your stance on anything. You are about as relevant as......that seagull that just flew past my window.

I dont hate it, I dont like it....its nothing to me. You make me emotionless. Just Zero.

That's because you had me on ignore you fucking spastflid.

Now have one more sniff of those fingers and then go and give them a good scrub.

You're going to give yourself pink eye again.

Yes. Because you are too neutral for my liking. At least the other people I had on ignore actually managed to piss me off, and make me feel attacked.

You dont even bore me. It really is like staring into bottle of air, reading your posts.

Its hard to explain, because its not normal to be totally opinion-less about something, let alone an actual person.

Its like trying to explain to someone what is outside the universe. Blank. Nothing.

Now have one more sniff of those fingers and then go and give them a good scrub.

You're going to give yourself pink eye again.

You are by far the most boring cunt on here. The gooner trolls offer more entertainment than you. You offer right next to fuck all when it comes to football debate and just troll threads looking to slag people off who you deem beneath you. You're a sad cunt of the highest order.

but then they didn't sign his suggestions or mostly didn't......

Good point.....the biggest sympathy I feel for AVB is the monumental fuck up we made with Moutinho....trying to get him for tuppence, then realising there is a third party to deal with when we submit our "FINAL OFFER" at 23.58 on deadline day.

It was obvious AVB wanted to build the team around him....shame he was a money grabbing cunt who couldnt wait for us though aswell...

AVB it seems pinned everything on that signing, and as become very apparent in everything else he did, he had no back up plan...

6 months for the players to settle...I take it he meant if you actually use them.....Funny how Vlad and Paulinho settled after a spell of games. They didnt need six months....just a run of games in a position that suited them.
The rest suffered miserably
Don't play dumb. You know full well that not every player can hit the ground running straight away.
Also, he used them. I'm not sure what point you're trying to make with that remark. That he should've dropped all the old guard and constantly played the new kids?

You are by far the most boring cunt on here. The gooner trolls offer more entertainment than you. You offer right next to fuck all when it comes to football debate and just troll threads looking to slag people off who you deem beneath you. You're a sad cunt of the highest order.[/quote

I shit out better football football knowledge than you have accrued in your entire life every morning.

#fact.

Good point.....the biggest sympathy I feel for AVB is the monumental fuck up we made with Moutinho....trying to get him for tuppence, then realising there is a third party to deal with when we submit our "FINAL OFFER" at 23.58 on deadline day.

It was obvious AVB wanted to build the team around him....shame he was a money grabbing cunt who couldnt wait for us though aswell...

AVB it seems pinned everything on that signing, and as become very apparent in everything else he did, he had no back up plan...

You can slag off this year all you want but last year we scored 66 goals which is second only to our champions league season in all time PL goal tally. We had 67 that year. Pretty clear that AVB was able to cope without Moutinho. Not that we couldn't have used him, especially this year.

The Redknapp wonder side of 2011-2012 with much better personnel scored 66 goals just the same as AVB's 2012-2013 side.

I'm sure the Bale argument will get trotted out, but Bale had 21 goals last year while Adebayor had 17 the year before. So if last year was all down to Bale, then 2011-2012 was all down to Adebayor. Ade also had 12 assists that season while Bale had 7 last year. So I won't be having any one man team arguments.

Also, he used them. I'm not sure what point you're trying to make with that remark. That he should've dropped all the old guard and constantly played the new kids?

Eriksen came in at Chelsea and played behind Soldado having an instant impact. Then next game he was played behind Defoe and we lost 3-0 to West Ham.
The next two games he was an unused sub. Great for his confidence as well as his bedding in.

Lamela. I dont even need to start with this one.

Chadli satrted the season pretty well...no different to how he's playing now. Yet he was inexplicably dropped from the matchday squad, before he picked up an injury, and after he returned.

Capoue also started very well, and got injured in mid September...it was supposed to be for three weeks. The next time we "saw" him was as an unused sub in the Cup game v Hull on Oct 30. Since then, we have played 11 games in all competitions, and he has been either an used sub, or dropped from the matchday squad 4 times, and only got brought back because had no defence left.

Soldado has had a run of games. In a system he cant play in.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom