Imagine...

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Oz, why do you think he's being a grade A Cunt?
He's had an opinion throughout and he has stuck to it.. We are all allowed an opinion.

being negative isnt an opinion its simply choosing the opposite to the positive..
his occasional intelligent well thought out comments have become so interwined with his arguementative negativity he no longer for me gets the benefit of the doubt and constantly fucks up the threads..so much so that if i put him on ignore the threads no longer make sense

Does anyone actually think we would have won last night under AVB?
If so, why?

Also, why are all the eternal excuses made for AVB over the last 18 months now completely redundant for Tim Sherwood?

No one in the team needs to gel anymore?
A manager doesnt need time...after one day in charge before his first ever game?
"He's the manager so I support him...."

Cowards

This is fairly valid, but the disgruntlement is more aimed at Levy not having a plan.

4 of them weren't according to todays' papers!
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...four-seven-summer-signings.html#ixzz2ntmxY4yl

Eriksen, Lamela, Chadli and Chiriches apparently!

Chadli, I can understand... Lamela possibly... but Eriksen & Chiriches?? can't believe that!
The papers are going to spin all sorts of shit now. I just hope AVB has the dignity to not slate us. He knew the model at the club and publicly backed Baldini's appointment. We all knew what he was there to do, and having a constant above the manager signing the players is a model that CAN work given the modern day manager merry-go-round, but not for AVB unfortunately.

Eriksen is a superb player, he should be delighted we signed him whether he was HIS player or not.

We've won every other cup game we've played under him this season.

The West Ham reserves last night are no better than the others we've faced in the League Cup or Europa.

Yeah who can forget the massive win over Hull.

We lost to West Ham 3 nil with him this season, last season we went out of this competition against Norwich, and lets not forget Leeds.

Instead of envy those reckless cunts Chelsea & City? Fuckin right I support Levy. And not blindly either. You're blinded by the disillusionment that we deserve success, when we fuckin don't! I class where we are now as a club as success. I'm not old, but I remember being a distinctly average mid-table team, flirting with relegation now and again. Not anymore. We all EXPECT top 4 and an FA cup every year. 92+ teams going for that cup - how often do you think we SHOULD win it?

Yet - win a cup - and finishing 8th is acceptable to most. Fuck that. Anyone can have a cup run, I'd rathe be competitive over 38 premier league games and play European football year in year out.

I dont think we deserve success and we certainly do not have a right to be succesful like liverpool do but I am just getting fed up with all the changes we keep making as I think they will seriously hinder any potential success we could have. While there is a massive element of instant success in modern football I still believe that if you have put a plan in place and put your money where your mouth is like we did in the summer then you should very least have the balls to see it through and not panic when things are looking bleak. I have said this before but while we have been poor this season under AVB we were still in touching distance of the top 4 when he left and if we had beaten liverpool that would have been 10 points from 12 and a point off 4th. Basically this whole situation seems knee jerk to me

This is fairly valid, but the disgruntlement is more aimed at Levy not having a plan.

Maybe he does have a plan....it just didnt include AVB any longer.

This is the entire foundation a DoF system is based on. When a manger goes, the disruption is minimal, because its Baldini pulling the strings in terms of players and Levy in terms of structure.

The manager should be free to get the team playing the way he wants. AVB couldnt do that, so we have a system in place that will allow Levy to filter in a new man.

I very much doubt we see an exodus. How many players do you think are pining for the old system...?

Last edited:
I think the difference between the way we played under avb and how we played under harry (or last night), was the control we had over games. That's what the high line and inverted wingers was about, and that's why we got so many clean sheets. When it went wrong, because either the right players weren't playing, or the opposition were too good, it went spectacularly wrong, but it's that sort of control that wins leagues. We always look vulnerable to conceding with 442.

I also think the players were still learning the system and given a season would have added attacking flair and quick passing to the solid base, but maybe that was more hope than judgement.

I am starting to look forward to seeing who's next now though. At least with spurs you get variety.

Maybe he does have a plan....it just didnt include AVB any longer.

This is the entire foundation a DoF system is based on. When a manger goes, the disruption is minimal, because its Baldini pulling the strings in terms of players and Levy in terms of structure.

The manager should be free to get the team playing the way he wants. AVB couldnt do that, so we have a system in place that will allow Levy to filter in a new mad.

I very much doubt we see an exodus. How many players do you think are pining for the old system...?

Again.....I agree with you, but it must be fucking hard to manage players that you didn't (alledgedly) want.

Just saying it how it is..
Nothing big or brave about being a bully especially when hiding behind a computer..

Bully's are almost the lowest of the low..especially when that HAVE to act in packs..

im not being a bully, simple telling sammy to put a sock in it for once...
if anything sammy brings the attention to himself by being himself...not my fault the blokes a negative cunt..

Just saying it how it is..
Nothing big or brave about being a bully especially when hiding behind a computer..

Bully's are almost the lowest of the low..especially when that HAVE to act in packs..
And is this pearl of wisdom you are quoting based on being a part of Sammy's trolling gang!:rolleyes:

im not being a bully, simple telling sammy to put a sock in it for once...
if anything sammy brings the attention to himself by being himself...not my fault the blokes a negative cunt..

Im being positive and backing Tim Sherwood.

Some people are being negative to Tim Sherwood, and backing a man that has just been fired.

Back
Top Bottom