Huddersfield Town v Tottenham Hotspur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Morning folks.

Some of us Terriers fans have waited a very long time to see our team in the top flight so it's great to see that we have got off to a decent start. Nine points from the first six games, albeit against sides that will not be any where near the top come the end of the season, is way beyond anything we could have expected. For me the though premier league starts on Saturday when we meet.

I'm not in any way nervous, in fact, I'm really looking forward to it. Our support has been absolutely fantastic for some time now and some would say it's helped get the team over the line. Whether this works on Saturday when we see the quality that you lot have is probably a stretch too far. If we keep you to three I'll be a happy man.

It's going to very interesting to see how our best centre back in the time I have been watching town handles Kane. Schindler has without doubt been immense this season, he reads the game so much quicker than any striker we've played this season and his heading is top class. If he is at the top of his game on Saturday then Kane is in for a tough game.We have been good at keeping the goals out (3 against in 6) so far and although we do create chances it's the scoring them that lets us down, five goals in 6 games.

Anyway, enjoy the best of Yorkshire when you come up, it really is a beautiful place.

Last edited:
Town fan here. Thought the first half was pretty close regardless of the 3-0 scoreline...the way we try to play is how you actually play so with the gulf in quality, it was never gonna end well for us without a lot of luck...we've arguably got one player that could make your bench(Mooy) and you squeezed him totally out of the game. 2nd half was a total masterclass on how to control a game without doing owt. Kane's standing ovation was well deserved...We recognise quality, proper old school English quality but with a touch on the deck many of us didn't know he had. Yr nailed on top 3, hopefully edge out the manc's...R&R

I have been weighing up the pros & cons of Huddersfield

Patrick Stewart supports them - positive
Harold Wilson was born there - negative
They hate Leeds - positive
They speak funny - negative
They don't play in red - positive
They invented Rugby League - negative
Britain's largest nodding dog (11 feet) was made there - positive

4-3 in favour.

Its official, we don't hate them.

Terrier here again
We made the mistake of trying to out play you in the 1st 30 mins..
You were far too good.
Expected to get some beatings so not too downhearted.
Thought harry kane was fooking brilliant.
Love the fact he got a standing ovation from all 4 stands..
Up the terriers

Some good comments on one of the Town Forums, of course they also have one or two of their own Joeys like here.

Town fans clapping off Harry Kane !! | DATM | HTAFC
This is my personal favourite
"I understand the impulse - today we probably watched the equivalent Shearer in his prime, maybe the best striker in the world right now - but for me I feel sick about losing four nil and that dominates over any aesthetic pleasure in Kane’s performance. It’s like watching a good looking bloke shag my wife and then telling him how well he’s done it."

Absolutely hilarious...& true.

Like one of my fellow town fans said, I actually enjoyed the game even considering the score. I think we all knew there wasn't really any chance we were going to get anything out the game but we did live in the faint hope that some of your players would have an off day. Clearly not, although I suspect that some of them didn't need to get out of second gear.

All the best for the rest of the season chaps, I really hope you are challenging for the title come the end of the season.

Okay you Spurs. here's my view of todays match as promised.

Odd as it may seem, I actually enjoyed that. Not the outcome obviously but seeing/witnessing a team with great players in every area (just about) so I treated the whole thing as a massive learning curve for me and my team. Obviously I've watched plenty of Premier Legaue matches on TV but live is completely different. The movement and mobiity of Kane & Ali is incrediable and we just couldn't cope with it. I could go on!

Making no excuses, I thought we had too many players out of sorts today, off the pace and lacking in concentation, which are all things we've been pretty good as so far! But we ended up being out smarted by players with flair vision and killer instinct to score. Even at 0-3 Ali thought he should dive in the box, which meant to me rather than just thinking wanker, he still wanted more.

I hope you all had a good day, your singing was shite and there was a smug cockiness about some of your fans but hey...I can sort of see why!

Have a good season and hopefully we'll play you again next year!

Terriers fans here! This game is definitely our biggest so far. We've done fairly well so far too but to be honest, with the possible exception of West Ham Utd, we haven't played what is recognised as the top elite teams yet. We played Man City at home in the FA Cup last year and even though we made nine changes we did pretty well to get a draw however, they absolutely hammered us at their's in the replay.

Obviously, Spurs have a far better squad and individual players than we do but Herr Wagner has built a strong team ethic and we try to play attractive attacking football. We press when we don't have possession and try to break at pace when we have the ball, which from our point of view makes for exciting matches whether it's win, lose or draw. If the game goes to form then I can see Spurs winning reasonable comfortably but as some of you have mentioned it would be totally folly to underestimate us particularly at home, where our crowd are 100% behind the team and can make a huge difference.

Have a safe journey if you're travelling up. As someone's already pointed out there's plenty of decent pubs in Hudders and unless you go looking for trouble the place is very, very welcoming.

Regards
BB (HTFC)

Facts you didn't know about Huddersfield.

Originally part of Hull before the last ice age sliced it off from the mainland. That's why you can only get there by ferry.

They wear blue and white stripes in homage to their sister club Wednesday (whom with they used to groundshare during the first gulf war)

On market day, fish is sold in abundance with the villages other delicacy, licorice.

The villagers are friendly and the women absolutely love a bit.

Recently the club smashed their record transfer fee when they signed a player for £14.95. His name escapes me.

#spikeybantz

A fine post, son. Do you lot have a forum? I'm going to come on next time we play and post civil, complimentary sentences. Cause that's now the tradition between Spurs and Town.
No, we have no forums. Us backward, Northerners all have to share one pc with a 56k dial-up so I just count myself lucky that I got to use my turn to heap praise upon you......UTT

I can honestly say I'll be back on this forum to give my account of Saturdays match in due course and while I'll be 100% behind our lads during the ninety minutes, I am actually capable of being objective and fair post-match. As I've said earlier I'm fully expecting Spurs to have too much quality for us but I also expect us to play our usual game and keep going for 90mins + regardless.

As my fellow Terrier has already mentioned, we've all waited decades to play top teams like Spurs every week so we're all intent on loving the hell out of it. It won't be nice if we're beaten every week but all promoted fans want is survival next May. If we can achieve that and build on it then year on year we'll all be very happy.

BB (HTFC)

Finally home. Jobsworth train conductor wasn't happy with a few fans making a bit of noise on the train from Leeds to London so decided he'd stop it, meant getting home over an hour later as we stopped twice. Ridiculous.

The rest of the day was cracking though. Huddersfield is a welcome addition to the league's away days. Decent ground, decent atmosphere and a friendly/welcoming bunch. Ended up chatting with a couple in one of the pubs post game and they were pretty complimentary about us.

I don't agree our fans were bad today. We were just outsung which you expect when you're outnumbered and the home support actually make an effort. Their fans were just louder, no shame in that and credit to them because even at 3-0 they stuck with the team.
The standing ovation was a touch of class too and had me feeling emotional, great to see "one of our own" get recognition from the opposition.

As for the game. A solid performance. Could have scored more, wasn't too worried about conceding for most of the game. Kane is just on another level since his injury. Something stupid like 36 goals in 31 games now. Unbelievable and he's surely set to smash 50 in 2017 with potentially 19 games left this year.

Great day. Now to start doing it in the 'home' games too.

Funny how this forum effects real life. Sitting in the pub and see McGinn score twice and all I can do is chuckle to myself about a jock geeza called Sausage fucking Vince who's bigged the boy up forever. My mates wouldn't understand.
They won't understand. Don't try to make them. It's not worth it.

You know McGinn. And that's enough. He'll be a household name inside 18 months. His own fragrance inside 3 years.

In an attempt to avoid the "total fanny" award for a match thread, I'd like to add my compliments to the wrong rosed cunts from across the Pennines.

Much respect to their fans on here. It's lovely to watch a reasoned debate with rival fans.

And for those southerners who haven't been there. It's a truly lovely part of the country, with some fantastic people. (Avoid North Yorkshire - they are unfriendly twats)

Anyway, true story. Met a bird from Yorkshire once. She was a right rum lass & loved her udders feeled.

:walkercry:

If Davies keeps playing like this.........will Danny Rose have to google himself..?

tim-and-eric-mind-blown.gif

What the fuckety fuck is this? Rival fans coming on here, speaking sensibly & being all objective? Convivial exchanges? Next you'll be telling me Woolwich are playing away against a group of Belarusian farmers on a Thursday night
What is wrong with you Fucking people?
:wansum:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom