Huddersfield Town v Tottenham Hotspur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I can honestly say I'll be back on this forum to give my account of Saturdays match in due course and while I'll be 100% behind our lads during the ninety minutes, I am actually capable of being objective and fair post-match. As I've said earlier I'm fully expecting Spurs to have too much quality for us but I also expect us to play our usual game and keep going for 90mins + regardless.

As my fellow Terrier has already mentioned, we've all waited decades to play top teams like Spurs every week so we're all intent on loving the hell out of it. It won't be nice if we're beaten every week but all promoted fans want is survival next May. If we can achieve that and build on it then year on year we'll all be very happy.

BB (HTFC)

I can honestly say I'll be back on this forum to give my account of Saturdays match in due course and while I'll be 100% behind our lads during the ninety minutes, I am actually capable of being objective and fair post-match. As I've said earlier I'm fully expecting Spurs to have too much quality for us but I also expect us to play our usual game and keep going for 90mins + regardless.

As my fellow Terrier has already mentioned, we've all waited decades to play top teams like Spurs every week so we're all intent on loving the hell out of it. It won't be nice if we're beaten every week but all promoted fans want is survival next May. If we can achieve that and build on it then year on year we'll all be very happy.

BB (HTFC)

Fair do's.. You've earnt the right to be in the premier league so enjoy it. You've had a good start so no reason to think you are only in it to make up the numbers.
You didn't turn up against West Ham but I think you are better than them.

We seem to be better away from home so I expect us to win but I don't think it will be an easy ride at all.

Won't be making the journey on saturday but you'll find our away support is good and will be heard.

What the fuckety fuck is this? Rival fans coming on here, speaking sensibly & being all objective? Convivial exchanges? Next you'll be telling me Woolwich are playing away against a group of Belarusian farmers on a Thursday night
What is wrong with you Fucking people?
:wansum:

Last edited:
What the fuckety fuck is this? Rival fans coming on here, speaking sensibly & being objective? Convivial exchanges? Next you'll be telling me Woolwich are playing away against a group of Belarusian farmers.
What is wrong with you Fucking people?
:wansum:

I must apologise for my behaviour.. I will go and stand in the corner and I will think carefully about my actions.

Terriers fans here! This game is definitely our biggest so far. We've done fairly well so far too but to be honest, with the possible exception of West Ham Utd, we haven't played what is recognised as the top elite teams yet. We played Man City at home in the FA Cup last year and even though we made nine changes we did pretty well to get a draw however, they absolutely hammered us at their's in the replay.

Obviously, Spurs have a far better squad and individual players than we do but Herr Wagner has built a strong team ethic and we try to play attractive attacking football. We press when we don't have possession and try to break at pace when we have the ball, which from our point of view makes for exciting matches whether it's win, lose or draw. If the game goes to form then I can see Spurs winning reasonable comfortably but as some of you have mentioned it would be totally folly to underestimate us particularly at home, where our crowd are 100% behind the team and can make a huge difference.

Have a safe journey if you're travelling up. As someone's already pointed out there's plenty of decent pubs in Hudders and unless you go looking for trouble the place is very, very welcoming.

Regards
BB (HTFC)

I like Huddersfield, seem like a decent lot, really hope we smash you at the weekend tho, but also would like you guys to stay up!
:pochbye:

Been let down for a ticket for Saturday, slim chance I know but does anyone have any spares or know of anyone who does? Happy to pick up tomorrow or at the ground.

I can't see anything but a 14-0 loss tbh.

Selling Bentley was a terrible decision and our inability to sign Damiao will ultimately cost us points.
We are desperately lacking up front.

Serious relegation fears.

I always liked it and the locals are sound but don’t like Wakefield!
Probably something to do with the ‘Rhubarb Triangle’
“You’ll never leave......”

Evening All

Thats because Hudds is a lively cosmopolitan University town with a long history of Irish Asian and Carribbean immigrants who came to power the once thriving textile industry. Wakefield, however, has a high number of closely related shell suited individuals who blame their troubles on everyone and everything but themselves. Some of the more employable locals grow rhubarb in unlit tents.

Pleasure to be playing a club of Tottenhams standing at the weekend. Closest we have come in my memory was when we drew Spurs at home in the FA cup back in the Leeds Road days. Only had to beat Blackpool (then division 4 and poor) at home in a replay, but as usual lost it miserably. It was around the Linker Gascoigne era.I can still remember leaving the ground furious at their ineptitude.

Back
Top Bottom