Huddersfield Town v Tottenham Hotspur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Morning folks.

Some of us Terriers fans have waited a very long time to see our team in the top flight so it's great to see that we have got off to a decent start. Nine points from the first six games, albeit against sides that will not be any where near the top come the end of the season, is way beyond anything we could have expected. For me the though premier league starts on Saturday when we meet.

I'm not in any way nervous, in fact, I'm really looking forward to it. Our support has been absolutely fantastic for some time now and some would say it's helped get the team over the line. Whether this works on Saturday when we see the quality that you lot have is probably a stretch too far. If we keep you to three I'll be a happy man.

It's going to very interesting to see how our best centre back in the time I have been watching town handles Kane. Schindler has without doubt been immense this season, he reads the game so much quicker than any striker we've played this season and his heading is top class. If he is at the top of his game on Saturday then Kane is in for a tough game.We have been good at keeping the goals out (3 against in 6) so far and although we do create chances it's the scoring them that lets us down, five goals in 6 games.

Anyway, enjoy the best of Yorkshire when you come up, it really is a beautiful place.

Where would you recommend for away fans to drink before the game that is on the way to the ground. Me and my dad get in at 10.18 and a few others at 11.18. Both pubs in the train station don't open until 11 and couldn't find much except for a wetherspoons nearby

Morning folks.

Some of us Terriers fans have waited a very long time to see our team in the top flight so it's great to see that we have got off to a decent start. Nine points from the first six games, albeit against sides that will not be any where near the top come the end of the season, is way beyond anything we could have expected. For me the though premier league starts on Saturday when we meet.

I'm not in any way nervous, in fact, I'm really looking forward to it. Our support has been absolutely fantastic for some time now and some would say it's helped get the team over the line. Whether this works on Saturday when we see the quality that you lot have is probably a stretch too far. If we keep you to three I'll be a happy man.

It's going to very interesting to see how our best centre back in the time I have been watching town handles Kane. Schindler has without doubt been immense this season, he reads the game so much quicker than any striker we've played this season and his heading is top class. If he is at the top of his game on Saturday then Kane is in for a tough game.We have been good at keeping the goals out (3 against in 6) so far and although we do create chances it's the scoring them that lets us down, five goals in 6 games.

Anyway, enjoy the best of Yorkshire when you come up, it really is a beautiful place.

Agreed I spent 12 happy years up there but only visited your ground (don’t know what you call it now) to watch HullFC against the Giants and once stuffing Saints in a cup semi final!
Great memories!

Good luck for the season and hope you stay up

Score line prediction 1-3 with Sissoko getting off the mark!

Curious to see how Depoitre will play, he can be a real handful - looks slow and sluggish but is surprisingly mobile and keeps hammering at the defence. One of the hardest working strikers i've ever seen live
Still 1-3 Spurs, with Llorente scoring his first goal

Just took a visit to the Huddersfield forum. They seem like a good, honest bunch.

They think the same as me really. We are their first real test in the league, as in their words, we are capable of tearing teams apart on our day. However, Huddersfield are capable of getting something as well. Schindler at the back looks a real player.

Luckily Kane is in very good form, as is Eriksen. Alli is providing assists whilst not playing at his best.

Whenever I went through Huddersfield on the train when I lived in York it seemed like a surprisingly picturesque place. Never actually got off the train and looked around, though.

Although I hate to buy in to the Wembey hoodoo shite, pretty much every away game is a must win for us this season.

Great oppertunity to make some ground up here. Get ourselves into 3rd position.

Chelsea and City play each other so wouldn't mind a draw there. United have Palace, never seen an easier win

Whenever I went through Huddersfield on the train when I lived in York it seemed like a surprisingly picturesque place. Never actually got off the train and looked around, though.

Although I hate to buy in to the Wembey hoodoo shite, pretty much every away game is a must win for us this season.

I always liked it and the locals are sound but don’t like Wakefield!
Probably something to do with the ‘Rhubarb Triangle’
“You’ll never leave......”

While i expect us to win, as the cliche goes, there are no easy games in the Prem (except Palace) so we shouldn't take HTFC lightly. We seem to be fairly unstoppable away at the moment. Another Harry Hat-trick?

Great oppertunity to make some ground up here. Get ourselves into 3rd position.

Chelsea and City play each other so wouldn't mind a draw there. United have Palace, never seen an easier win

When do we play Palace? If they haven't scored by then, you know they will against us.

Where would you recommend for away fans to drink before the game that is on the way to the ground. Me and my dad get in at 10.18 and a few others at 11.18. Both pubs in the train station don't open until 11 and couldn't find much except for a wetherspoons nearby

You got me there, I'm not really a drinker before a game. Maybe some other town fan can help you out.

Just took a visit to the Huddersfield forum. They seem like a good, honest bunch.

They think the same as me really. We are their first real test in the league, as in their words, we are capable of tearing teams apart on our day. However, Huddersfield are capable of getting something as well. Schindler at the back looks a real player.

I think you'll find that the vast majority of us are realists. On paper there is no way we can take anything from this game but as the saying goes, we don't play on paper, we play on grass.

We really had no right to get promotion last season, especially if you take into account our minus goal difference at the end of the season and then not scoring a goal ourselves during the play offs (Sheff Wednesday scored an own goal and we went through on penalties). We then beat Reading in the final on penalties after a 0-0 draw.

I have been weighing up the pros & cons of Huddersfield

Patrick Stewart supports them - positive
Harold Wilson was born there - negative
They hate Leeds - positive
They speak funny - negative
They don't play in red - positive
They invented Rugby League - negative
Britain's largest nodding dog (11 feet) was made there - positive

4-3 in favour.

Its official, we don't hate them.

I have been weighing up the pros & cons of Huddersfield

Patrick Stewart supports them - positive
Harold Wilson was born there - negative
They hate Leeds - positive
They speak funny - negative
They don't play in red - positive
They invented Rugby League - negative
Britain's largest nodding dog (11 feet) was made there - positive

4-3 in favour.

Its official, we don't hate them.

HAHA

Is there anyone that doesn't hate Leeds? I have several Leeds fans work for me, everyone one of them believes they have a god given right to be in the premier league. One went as far as to say that the premier league is crying out for them. It's quite nice to brush all their comments of about how well they are doing by saying we don't talk about lower league football any more.They play Sheffield Wednesday on Sunday, another billy big bollox team who we have grown to hate. They are calling it the delusional derby!

HAHA

Is there anyone that doesn't hate Leeds? I have several Leeds fans work for me, everyone one of them believes they have a god given right to be in the premier league. One went as far as to say that the premier league is crying out for them. It's quite nice to brush all their comments of about how well they are doing by saying we don't talk about lower league football any more.They play Sheffield Wednesday on Sunday, another billy big bollox team who we have grown to hate. They are calling it the delusional derby!
I keep track of Leeds due to them having a few Swedish players I like to keep up with. That's it basically.

There's a Norwegian comic book that we also get here in Sweden which features a Leeds fan in it. And he is constantly mocked for it

I have watched them several times this season, and they play open, expansive football with pace and on the break. This is no cakewalk of a game, and believe me i'd take an injury free point right now from the game.

Don't be fooled by the name, and assumption that they are a promoted pub side. They have good players and a manager i could live with at Spurs if Poch ever moved on.

HAHA

Weeds & Wendy? Sounds like a garden centre.

Back
Top Bottom