Huddersfield Town v Tottenham Hotspur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I have watched them several times this season, and they play open, expansive football with pace and on the break. This is no cakewalk of a game, and believe me i'd take an injury free point right now from the game.

Don't be fooled by the name, and assumption that they are a promoted pub side. They have good players and a manager i could live with at Spurs if Poch ever moved on.

You see a lot with newly promoted teams. They get a few early wins, things look good and then they start dropping like a stone. They'll be in the bottom 5 come the end of the season I think. They've done incredibly well but aren't geared up to be a long term Premier League team like Newcastle or Brighton even.

The thing about away games for us is that the home teams fans will be expecting to see their team attack, like we saw last night. We are the best team at capitalising on gaps left.

We'll have nearly all the possession, we'll control the game but we can't rule Huddersfield out. They have pace and various goal scorers.

If Eriksen continues his form the he'll run the show, and Kane is hungry for goals.

You see a lot with newly promoted teams. They get a few early wins, things look good and then they start dropping like a stone. They'll be in the bottom 5 come the end of the season I think. They've done incredibly well but aren't geared up to be a long term Premier League team like Newcastle or Brighton even.

They will finish higher than Brighton this season.

They will finish higher than Brighton this season.

No chance. Brighton are a well backed team and they'll be able strengthen in January if they need to. Huddersfield will have to make do with what they've got. A good manager can only do so much, they're just too short of PL quality to survive I think.

Where would you recommend for away fans to drink before the game that is on the way to the ground. Me and my dad get in at 10.18 and a few others at 11.18. Both pubs in the train station don't open until 11 and couldn't find much except for a wetherspoons nearby

Huddersfield is blessed with plenty of good pubs so you really don't have to go to a 'spoons. However, not sure what will be open at 10.18!! I have named a few pubs below and non of these places are more than 10-15 mins walk to the ground and 5 mins from the station.We are just going to enjoy Saturday. We have no limits or expectations.

The Rat & Ratchet
The Sportsman.
The Grove.
The Slubbers Arms.

These are good pubs with excellent ales and welcome away fans. Only pub I wouldn't recommend is The Vulcan which is a proper home pub. The police will try and get a lot of you to use "The Boy & Barrell" but it is a hole so don't go there.

I have been weighing up the pros & cons of Huddersfield

Patrick Stewart supports them - positive
Harold Wilson was born there - negative
They hate Leeds - positive
They speak funny - negative
They don't play in red - positive
They invented Rugby League - negative
Britain's largest nodding dog (11 feet) was made there - positive

4-3 in favour.

Its official, we don't hate them.
You forgot the legend that is Andy Booth.

Huddersfield is blessed with plenty of good pubs so you really don't have to go to a 'spoons. However, not sure what will be open at 10.18!! I have named a few pubs below and non of these places are more than 10-15 mins walk to the ground and 5 mins from the station.We are just going to enjoy Saturday. We have no limits or expectations.

The Rat & Ratchet
The Sportsman.
The Grove.
The Slubbers Arms.

These are good pubs with excellent ales and welcome away fans. Only pub I wouldn't recommend is The Vulcan which is a proper home pub. The police will try and get a lot of you to use "The Boy & Barrell" but it is a hole so don't go there.

Thanks for those. Think the others who arrive late just want a quick pint so will probably stay with the spoons then head to one of your suggestions post game for a civilised pint

No European hangover excuses for this one. We had an easy game in a beautiful climate. The team were back at home in bed for 5am the morning after the game. Lots of 1st team starters didn't play.
Just treat the team with the respect they deserve, don't underestimate them, play our game and we'll beat them.

Great oppertunity to make some ground up here. Get ourselves into 3rd position.

Chelsea and City play each other so wouldn't mind a draw there. United have Palace, never seen an easier win

You watch the eagles get something from us though.

Back
Top Bottom