Huddersfield Town v Tottenham Hotspur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

tenor.gif

HE'S DONE IT!!!

Town fan here. Thought the first half was pretty close regardless of the 3-0 scoreline...the way we try to play is how you actually play so with the gulf in quality, it was never gonna end well for us without a lot of luck...we've arguably got one player that could make your bench(Mooy) and you squeezed him totally out of the game. 2nd half was a total masterclass on how to control a game without doing owt. Kane's standing ovation was well deserved...We recognise quality, proper old school English quality but with a touch on the deck many of us didn't know he had. Yr nailed on top 3, hopefully edge out the manc's...R&R
A fine post, son. Do you lot have a forum? I'm going to come on next time we play and post civil, complimentary sentences. Cause that's now the tradition between Spurs and Town.

The "na na na na you're shitttt" chant comes out when we are 3-0 up to any team, I don't see why we would make an exception for Huddersfield because a few of their fans came on this forum and seemed like decent blokes.

Not suggesting an exception for that reason, more to do with the fact their turnover is a fraction of ours (think it's something like £10M compared to £200M) and their best players would struggle even to get in our 25 man squad. Some might see it as banter but I think against a small club like this it just looks smug, and we ought to be able to come up with something better.

I have been weighing up the pros & cons of Huddersfield

Patrick Stewart supports them - positive
Harold Wilson was born there - negative
They hate Leeds - positive
They speak funny - negative
They don't play in red - positive
They invented Rugby League - negative
Britain's largest nodding dog (11 feet) was made there - positive

4-3 in favour.

Its official, we don't hate them.

HAHA

Is there anyone that doesn't hate Leeds? I have several Leeds fans work for me, everyone one of them believes they have a god given right to be in the premier league. One went as far as to say that the premier league is crying out for them. It's quite nice to brush all their comments of about how well they are doing by saying we don't talk about lower league football any more.They play Sheffield Wednesday on Sunday, another billy big bollox team who we have grown to hate. They are calling it the delusional derby!

I always liked it and the locals are sound but don’t like Wakefield!
Probably something to do with the ‘Rhubarb Triangle’
“You’ll never leave......”

Evening All

Thats because Hudds is a lively cosmopolitan University town with a long history of Irish Asian and Carribbean immigrants who came to power the once thriving textile industry. Wakefield, however, has a high number of closely related shell suited individuals who blame their troubles on everyone and everything but themselves. Some of the more employable locals grow rhubarb in unlit tents.

Pleasure to be playing a club of Tottenhams standing at the weekend. Closest we have come in my memory was when we drew Spurs at home in the FA cup back in the Leeds Road days. Only had to beat Blackpool (then division 4 and poor) at home in a replay, but as usual lost it miserably. It was around the Linker Gascoigne era.I can still remember leaving the ground furious at their ineptitude.

Just took a visit to the Huddersfield forum. They seem like a good, honest bunch.

They think the same as me really. We are their first real test in the league, as in their words, we are capable of tearing teams apart on our day. However, Huddersfield are capable of getting something as well. Schindler at the back looks a real player.

I think you'll find that the vast majority of us are realists. On paper there is no way we can take anything from this game but as the saying goes, we don't play on paper, we play on grass.

We really had no right to get promotion last season, especially if you take into account our minus goal difference at the end of the season and then not scoring a goal ourselves during the play offs (Sheff Wednesday scored an own goal and we went through on penalties). We then beat Reading in the final on penalties after a 0-0 draw.

sat on my couch, why?

If you want to believe that Sissoko is a talented footballer and that he is the future of this football team, then I'm pleased for you.
I think he's bang ordinary, and is little more than a semi able bench warmer.
And if you think that was anything other than an own goal, then you do little more than show yourself to be a fool.
I would have loved to have seen him slam it straight into the net. But he didn't. Untouched it might have taken the corner flag out.

I take no pleasure in my opinion of him as a footballer. I really wish he was brilliant and worth every penny of the 30 million spent on him.
And every time he exceeds my expectations of him (playing for Spurs) will bring me endless joy -because I happen to support Spurs and when our players play well and the team profits by their skill - it makes me happy.

Seriously - do you think it makes me happy to see him bungle his way around the pitch? I would be more than happy to see him prove me wrong.

But if he gets you stiff, then good for you.

Mick, you will never appreciate anything he does. He's improved and the manager obviously sees something he likes. He is getting better, and trying hard and theres not much more you can ask for.

You set your stall out too hard.....amature mistake. Now here you are are slagging him off after another decent display and a goal in a 4-0 win.

But you go girl, well done you.

Back
Top Bottom