Huddersfield Town v Tottenham Hotspur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Terrier here again
We made the mistake of trying to out play you in the 1st 30 mins..
You were far too good.
Expected to get some beatings so not too downhearted.
Thought harry kane was fooking brilliant.
Love the fact he got a standing ovation from all 4 stands..
Up the terriers
Well said sir. Got to say your support was excellent even at 3-0 down. Hope you guys have an enjoyable season and stay up. Cheers.

----------------------------PREMIER LEAGUE--------------------------
------------------SATURDAY 30TH SEPTEMBER--------------------
--------------------------------12.30PM-------------------------------------
------------------------KIRKLEES STADIUM----------------------------
-----------------------LIVE ON SKY SPORTS--------------------------

Team line-up :
--------------------------Lloris------------------------
-------Sanchez--Alderweireld--Vertonghen-----
--Trippier-------Dier--------Dembele?------Davies--
-----------------Eriksen?-------Alli-----------------
---------------------------Kane-----------------------

Scoreline : 2-0 win.

AND I STILL NEED A TICKET. :levyeyes:

I guess a ticket never materialised?

Town fan here. Thought the first half was pretty close regardless of the 3-0 scoreline...the way we try to play is how you actually play so with the gulf in quality, it was never gonna end well for us without a lot of luck...we've arguably got one player that could make your bench(Mooy) and you squeezed him totally out of the game. 2nd half was a total masterclass on how to control a game without doing owt. Kane's standing ovation was well deserved...We recognise quality, proper old school English quality but with a touch on the deck many of us didn't know he had. Yr nailed on top 3, hopefully edge out the manc's...R&R

Okay you Spurs. here's my view of todays match as promised.

Odd as it may seem, I actually enjoyed that. Not the outcome obviously but seeing/witnessing a team with great players in every area (just about) so I treated the whole thing as a massive learning curve for me and my team. Obviously I've watched plenty of Premier Legaue matches on TV but live is completely different. The movement and mobiity of Kane & Ali is incrediable and we just couldn't cope with it. I could go on!

Making no excuses, I thought we had too many players out of sorts today, off the pace and lacking in concentation, which are all things we've been pretty good as so far! But we ended up being out smarted by players with flair vision and killer instinct to score. Even at 0-3 Ali thought he should dive in the box, which meant to me rather than just thinking wanker, he still wanted more.

I hope you all had a good day, your singing was shite and there was a smug cockiness about some of your fans but hey...I can sort of see why!

Have a good season and hopefully we'll play you again next year!

Town fan here. Thought the first half was pretty close regardless of the 3-0 scoreline...the way we try to play is how you actually play so with the gulf in quality, it was never gonna end well for us without a lot of luck...we've arguably got one player that could make your bench(Mooy) and you squeezed him totally out of the game. 2nd half was a total masterclass on how to control a game without doing owt. Kane's standing ovation was well deserved...We recognise quality, proper old school English quality but with a touch on the deck many of us didn't know he had. Yr nailed on top 3, hopefully edge out the manc's...R&R

Cheers. Thought the Town fans showed a touch of class regarding Kane. God luck for the rest of the season (apart from when you play us of course).

A fine post, son. Do you lot have a forum? I'm going to come on next time we play and post civil, complimentary sentences. Cause that's now the tradition between Spurs and Town.

Okay you Spurs. here's my view of todays match as promised.

Odd as it may seem, I actually enjoyed that. Not the outcome obviously but seeing/witnessing a team with great players in every area (just about) so I treated the whole thing as a massive learning curve for me and my team. Obviously I've watched plenty of Premier Legaue matches on TV but live is completely different. The movement and mobiity of Kane & Ali is incrediable and we just couldn't cope with it. I could go on!

Making no excuses, I thought we had too many players out of sorts today, off the pace and lacking in concentation, which are all things we've been pretty good as so far! But we ended up being out smarted by players with flair vision and killer instinct to score. Even at 0-3 Ali thought he should dive in the box, which meant to me rather than just thinking wanker, he still wanted more.

I hope you all had a good day, your singing was shite and there was a smug cockiness about some of your fans but hey...I can sort of see why!

Have a good season and hopefully we'll play you again next year!

Fair enough. Bit harsh on our support, sounded decent on TV. A quick peruse of your forum has very mixed opinions on it. Some say it was shit but others reckon it was good. Who to believe......

Still, I'd rather win the game and lose the singing.

Thought Huddersfield played it the way they should. Sure, we along with Utd and City are like to punish such folly, but they will learn a lot more than playing West Ham football and may just adapt quick enough to better other teams odds on for relegation battle.

And it's fun to watch. Some real characters there with Zanka and Depoitre. No way they will go through the season without red cards

Thought Huddersfield played it the way they should. Sure, we along with Utd and City are like to punish such folly, but they will learn a lot more than playing West Ham football and may just adapt quick enough to better other teams odds on for relegation battle.

And it's fun to watch. Some real characters there with Zanka and Depoitre. No way they will go through the season without red cards

Yeah I agree...and Ali should have walked for his dive? Yeah? o_O

Something has changed, that's the point.

This coming from the same guy who just called someone "fatty" like a five year old in a playground and flung personal insults about their profession.:dembelelol::dembelelol: THIS RIGHT HERE is why I call you out. A 59 year old man who acts like he's so superior, but is just a huge fucking hypocrite who is busy cunting off people twenty or more years younger than him for their behaviour when it's him that should know better. :pochfacepalm:

[Prick Cooper]"Do you know I live in Bermuda?! Do you know I live in Bermuda?! Do you know I live in Bermuda?! Do you know I live in Bermuda?! Do you know I live in Bermuda?! Do you know I live in Bermuda?! [/Prick Cooper] Aha hahahahahahahaha. You tool.

I can't speak for sammy, but this is such a tired old line. I'd happily tell you what a prick you are to your face, if you ever had the guts to show up to a game.

Irony_Meter.gif

Talk about projection...
That was a comprehensive riposte, Sal. You see McGinn today?

Finally home. Jobsworth train conductor wasn't happy with a few fans making a bit of noise on the train from Leeds to London so decided he'd stop it, meant getting home over an hour later as we stopped twice. Ridiculous.

The rest of the day was cracking though. Huddersfield is a welcome addition to the league's away days. Decent ground, decent atmosphere and a friendly/welcoming bunch. Ended up chatting with a couple in one of the pubs post game and they were pretty complimentary about us.

I don't agree our fans were bad today. We were just outsung which you expect when you're outnumbered and the home support actually make an effort. Their fans were just louder, no shame in that and credit to them because even at 3-0 they stuck with the team.
The standing ovation was a touch of class too and had me feeling emotional, great to see "one of our own" get recognition from the opposition.

As for the game. A solid performance. Could have scored more, wasn't too worried about conceding for most of the game. Kane is just on another level since his injury. Something stupid like 36 goals in 31 games now. Unbelievable and he's surely set to smash 50 in 2017 with potentially 19 games left this year.

Great day. Now to start doing it in the 'home' games too.

Funny how this forum effects real life. Sitting in the pub and see McGinn score twice and all I can do is chuckle to myself about a jock geeza called Sausage fucking Vince who's bigged the boy up forever. My mates wouldn't understand.

I know what you mean.

I see a cunt whenever I see Lego

Back
Top Bottom