Huddersfield Town v Tottenham Hotspur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Terrier here again
We made the mistake of trying to out play you in the 1st 30 mins..
You were far too good.
Expected to get some beatings so not too downhearted.
Thought harry kane was fooking brilliant.
Love the fact he got a standing ovation from all 4 stands..
Up the terriers

Well earned, and we payed some exceptional one touch football today. The second goal was pure class with seven (i think) first touch passes.

Kane sublime, Davies man of the match (for me anyway) and the one downer is that Dele really does need to be given a warning from Poch. In general he contributed little to the game,was always falling over in the tackle and gave the ball away poorly.

I am not sure whether he is feeling fatigued, or last seasons limelight is having an effect on his game, but today from what i saw, he was being carried, something we cannot afford over the next month or two looking at the games coming up.

Terrier here again
You were far too good.
Up the terriers
These are the types of games you learn from.

Now you guys know what it is like to face bigger opposition. So you can start learning and adapting from the rest of the bigger clubs coming in.

Great home support btw. Came off real well on the TV

At school and for my corporate team as a keeper. When did you? When you were 3,000 miles behind enemy lines in the Army?

And "fuck off fatty"? Weren't you just reiterating to Bazali Bazali the other day how you never resort to abuse and insults and it's always everyone else? ;)

Hugo Salmon?

:hugoshock:

Terrier here again
You were far too good.
Up the terriers
Fair play to your fans mate, you really get behind your team, wish you well for the rest of the season apart from us smashing you at Wembley.

Terrier here again
You were far too good.
Up the terriers

Your approach might work against the lesser top teams, Everton and Woolwich who cant defend, but you need to play a deep defensive game against the very best in the league. Hopefully you'll from it and be ready for the next big test you face.

Yes thanks
Our fans were awsome today.
More realistic challenge next game...swansea away.

Sort of agree but get rid of them fucking annoying clappers.

I think you started a bit naive to be honest. You had a 5 minute spell where you were threatening and got a bit too carried away.
Playing way too high.

Hopefully your team will learn a few lessons and play a bit tighter against the better sides.

A few positives for you today.

Still doesn't look 30 mill, but Ive eaten a couple of spoons of humble pie this month.
I eat a large spoon of humble pie every time Kane scores:
I aint afraid to admit, Im one of the people hat thought he would never really make it, championship at best etc.

Im a fat fucker these days

Terrier here again
You were far too good.
Up the terriers
That was classy from your fans.

I like your manager who unlike that other German isn't a nob head. Chalk and cheese.
I think if you stay up, which you should, you will get better quality players to compliment the squad and get better.
I watched you last year a bit and you were very similar to us in style.
Tighten up defensively and you'll be a handful.
Then again Dortmund weren't that good defensively under Klopp and Wagner. Not for a team finishing where they did.
Scored lots.

Pleasing result, always great to play first and lay down a marker. Considering the match on Tuesday and a potential post Europe banana skin, we were good.
Slightly disappointed Kane didn't get his hatrick, as we were so dominant first half.
Full credit to Sissoko, he got himself in 2 or 3 situations to score and continues to offer a threat. Liking it.
Dele looked out of sorts, but to be fair it was his flick that started the 2nd goal, so even when not at his best he does something brilliant that creates a goal. He is not your normal player that's for sure. Tainted things with that dive though. He needs more time to find his best form I think.

Shame about the break now, going to feel like 2 months until we play again.

Well earned, and we payed some exceptional one touch football today. The second goal was pure class with seven (i think) first touch passes.

Kane sublime, Davies man of the match (for me anyway) and the one downer is that Dele really does need to be given a warning from Poch. In general he contributed little to the game,was always falling over in the tackle and gave the ball away poorly.

I am not sure whether he is feeling fatigued, or last seasons limelight is having an effect on his game, but today from what i saw, he was being carried, something we cannot afford over the next month or two looking at the games coming up.
I dont think its helped by the press in his own country hounding him. he must feel like if he drops a stinky turd, the Sun will try and get a ban for it

its a time for Pochettino to put an arm round him

Back
Top Bottom